Author Topic: My Talon  (Read 20644 times)

Jamie Oswald

Re: My Talon
« Reply #105 on: April 08, 2009, 11:56:13 am »
yeah i kinda miss it but dont...

Offline Vanessa Brake

« Reply #106 on: April 08, 2009, 12:16:24 pm »
I'll take you for a ride in my car it will make you miss it more
haha jk mines all show no go

Do you still come to the meets and stuff?

Offline Ryan Singh

« Reply #107 on: April 08, 2009, 12:34:21 pm »
What do you guys think of white rims on it?? Keep in mind I'm a girl so the car looking girly is really the over all goal here ;)

Personally, I think you should make something pink on the car. But that's just the artist in me. If I was a girl, my whole car would be pink...sounds cheesy I know, but I've seen girls driving pink 350 Z's and pink Ninja's too, there's even a pink H2 in Surrey. I think it looks really cool for a girl to have a pink car. But that's just me.

As for the tail lights...I think mine are similar to yours, and I was considering tinting mine too. I just got them about two months ago...before that it had he Talon rear end. Mine look alright to me...but not as cool as I thought it would look, I'm considering tinting them about 50-60% black. Waddya think?

This is how they were:

This is how they are:

2001 Altezza RS200
1996 TSi AWD - In hibernation

Jamie Oswald

« Reply #108 on: April 08, 2009, 01:11:36 pm »
I'll take you for a ride in my car it will make you miss it more
haha jk mines all show no go

Do you still come to the meets and stuff?

haha... im down.. Meets no. Could do tho ridin shotty in someones car!

Jamie Oswald

« Reply #109 on: April 08, 2009, 01:14:39 pm »
What do you guys think of white rims on it?? Keep in mind I'm a girl so the car looking girly is really the over all goal here ;)

Personally, I think you should make something pink on the car. But that's just the artist in me. If I was a girl, my whole car would be pink...sounds cheesy I know, but I've seen girls driving pink 350 Z's and pink Ninja's too, there's even a pink H2 in Surrey. I think it looks really cool for a girl to have a pink car. But that's just me.

As for the tail lights...I think mine are similar to yours, and I was considering tinting mine too. I just got them about two months ago...before that it had he Talon rear end. Mine look alright to me...but not as cool as I thought it would look, I'm considering tinting them about 50-60% black. Waddya think?

This is how they were:

This is how they are:

Nooo dont go that dark man...thats just asking to be pulled.. Do someting like 30% if your spraying.. do only a few coats. Make sure the lights are cold and you will prolly have to do a light sand over them with some find grit to get the paint to stick. I just tinted the turn's on the Audi.

I was going to do my tails but thought ok what if i get busted for being 2 dark... so im going to get them tinted with that 3m stuff.

Offline Ryan Singh

« Reply #110 on: April 08, 2009, 01:33:22 pm »
True that Jamie, you have a point...the cops have left me alone for a good four years now. But all of a sudden, they have beef with my car again. wtf is up with that?
So your saying to sand first then spray, or... spray, sand, spray?
2001 Altezza RS200
1996 TSi AWD - In hibernation

Jamie Oswald

« Reply #111 on: April 08, 2009, 01:41:21 pm »
Sand lightly with a wetsand grit id say.. just to rough up the clear on the lights a bit but not rough that youll see the scratches... wash em with soap n water, dry them make sure there compleatly dry n cool.

shake up the can of Niteshades good and spray em **LIGHTLY** Dont go crazy.. Let em sit for 10 - 15 min between coats.

I did the side bumper markers on the talon as well.

If you do screw up...let the stuff dry and then sand again..start all over.

Offline Vanessa Brake

« Reply #112 on: April 08, 2009, 01:43:13 pm »
You already know Im obsessed with your car Ryan lol
I like your new tail lights but I think they would look better tinted
Not too dark though
But it is going to have some pink
The mesh in the kit and the calipers will be pink (hopefully plaid if I can pull it off and find pink high temp paint)

But I don't drive Jamie so you would have to take me for a ride in my car lol  ;)

Jamie Oswald

« Reply #113 on: April 08, 2009, 01:49:23 pm »
You already know Im obsessed with your car Ryan lol
I like your new tail lights but I think they would look better tinted
Not too dark though
But it is going to have some pink
The mesh in the kit and the calipers will be pink (hopefully plaid if I can pull it off and find pink high temp paint)

But I don't drive Jamie so you would have to take me for a ride in my car lol  ;)

Awee...when do you get to drive? ???

Not meaning to tak over your thread either.. but if you both want to tint your lights heres a good DIYS i found on the audi forum...

SANDING & WET-SANDING
Grab your ^800^ sand paper and start to sand away at the unsmooth lettering and and little circles on the lenses. Once gone, bust out the ^1500^ sand paper and make it super smooth, (use a dab of water now and then). When done, wash and rinse and then let dry. The sand paper will make the lens kind of smoky and foggy thats alright, later this will not matter. Wash again and dry again.

Grab the Night Shades can and with your little mask on start to spray from a distance of 12-15 inches away, vertically in a left to right, right to left motion. The can says something about not exceeding 3-5 coats or something, but who cares right?  Keep on putting coates until the desired tint is attained. (wow big word) I waited 5 mins before each coat, but i recommend 10-15 mins like the can says. 

ok maybe i went alittle overboard on these ones.
When done let it set and dry for like an hour, (I waited 30 mins.)  Then take out your other spray of Clear Coat and when the taillight is dry, do the samething as the tint. After a good hour all was done, then i took my ^1500^ sand paper and started to *LIGHTLY* sand the entire light to get that rough tecture off,  and man was it smooth after.

I never added clear... looks fine with out it.

Sorry Vanessa

Offline Vanessa Brake

« Reply #114 on: April 08, 2009, 02:26:12 pm »
Lol thats alright Jamie
The threads become more of a social chat anyways lol I like it better that way makes me fell popular haha jk  :P

I get my license back on March 19th 2010  :'(
You should come to the next meet so I can meet you Jamie

Jamie Oswald

« Reply #115 on: April 08, 2009, 02:33:01 pm »
Lol thats alright Jamie
The threads become more of a social chat anyways lol I like it better that way makes me fell popular haha jk  :P

Oh what..you get it back on my 22nd birthday!

What did you dooooo.... :o

not that im any better haha...but its all good now cus i have my class 5 baby! screw the n rules!

Offline Jason Harwood

« Reply #116 on: April 08, 2009, 02:33:16 pm »
Lol thats alright Jamie

ahahha

The same day im allowed to take my class 5 after losing my license over a year ago.
88' MX6 Turbo - 14.2 @ 97.51MPH
94' MX6 V6 - 13.9 @ 96.7MPH
93' Civic Turbo - 14.7 @ 90MPH (bad tune)
90' Civic SI - Auto-X Machine
97' Eclipse GSX 13.6 @ 105MPH
96' Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo
97' Acura EL 14.5 @ 98MPH
'02 Lexus IS300 15.125 @ 91MPH
97' CR-V Winter Beater.
04' WRB WRX STI

Offline Vanessa Brake

« Reply #117 on: April 08, 2009, 02:34:41 pm »
Congrats Jason!!
How long did you lose it for?

Offline Jason Harwood

« Reply #118 on: April 08, 2009, 02:36:11 pm »
Congrats Jason!!
How long did you lose it for?

The first time I lost it for 2 months (for 1 speeding ticket, wow gooooo N rules)
2nd time for 3 months for something I didnt do!
88' MX6 Turbo - 14.2 @ 97.51MPH
94' MX6 V6 - 13.9 @ 96.7MPH
93' Civic Turbo - 14.7 @ 90MPH (bad tune)
90' Civic SI - Auto-X Machine
97' Eclipse GSX 13.6 @ 105MPH
96' Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo
97' Acura EL 14.5 @ 98MPH
'02 Lexus IS300 15.125 @ 91MPH
97' CR-V Winter Beater.
04' WRB WRX STI

Offline Vanessa Brake

« Reply #119 on: April 08, 2009, 02:42:19 pm »
Lol I lost it for excessive speeding and stunting
Then they caught me driving with out it a couple times so they gave me two one year prohibitions and a shit load of fines and impounded my car for 90 days and it was like a week after I bought it lol plus the tow guy smashed up the whole front end
It was devistating lol