Author Topic: Josh's Turbo party  (Read 8002 times)

Offline Josh Royle

• 6 Bolt Swap
Re: Josh's Turbo party
« Reply #15 on: February 16, 2009, 10:11:05 pm »
its in the 604

1047 Cornwall Dr
Port Coquitlam

604-345-2005
1998 GST
Built 6 Bolt Swap/ 3" Turbo Back /Blitz BOV/Apexi SAFC/AutoMeter Cobalt Boost.Oil Prs. AF Gauge/MBC/Hard Intake pipe/Skunk 2/ HID 10K/ FMIC

Offline Ryan Coft

• Administrator
  • Retired!
« Reply #16 on: February 17, 2009, 10:54:05 am »
suggestion that you get all the parts you need BEFORE people show up.

You need new crush washers for the oil fittings, new gaskets for the return line, one turbo bolt, because the stud sucks and it should be removed and replaced with a bolt.  If you do that, you never have to take the manifold off again.

you need jackstands and a jack to get it up good and high in the front for access from below.

You don't really need a torque wrench, but it wouldn't be a bad idea for the turbo to manifold bolts.

Just to reiterate, this is a good idea. I think you will also need new crush washers for the coolant lines. Will the oil feed line from his T25 (i'm assuming it's stock) work for the 16g? If not you could just get a nice SS oil feed line with 4micron filter in-line. Quick trip to Kinetics would set that up. Or find a stock 14b oil feed line, i think that would work.

You need 4 manifold TO turbo bolts, not 4 manifold and turbo bolts. They're long (70-75mm i believe off the top of my head? could be wrong) but you could re-use 3 of them and just replace 1. This could also be done when the manifold bolts are out and you bribe someone to drive you to lordco or home depot while it's out to match the length and pitch. (i want to say m8 X 125 but can't recall, been so long..)

What are the chances that the manifold bolts will come off nicely? Probably going to pull some studs out for sure, hopefully not snap any of them in the head. I'd use a hearty amount of liquid wrench on those bolts, perhaps even the night before to let them soak. Those bolts snap and you've got a headache.

Will the intake that you have work for both the t-25 and the 16g? I seem to remember that the t-25 has a smaller inlet? (2"?) whereas the 16g i think is 2.25"??

Food for thought, all rights reserved, all wrongs reserved too.

Offline Jason Harwood

« Reply #17 on: February 17, 2009, 12:05:31 pm »

You need new crush washers for the oil fittings, new gaskets for the return line, one turbo bolt, because the stud sucks and it should be removed and replaced with a bolt.  If you do that, you never have to take the manifold off again.

you need jackstands and a jack to get it up good and high in the front for access from below.

You don't really need a torque wrench, but it wouldn't be a bad idea for the turbo to manifold bolts.

Just to reiterate, this is a good idea. I think you will also need new crush washers for the coolant lines. Will the oil feed line from his T25 (i'm assuming it's stock) work for the 16g? If not you could just get a nice SS oil feed line with 4micron filter in-line. Quick trip to Kinetics would set that up. Or find a stock 14b oil feed line, i think that would work.

You need 4 manifold TO turbo bolts, not 4 manifold and turbo bolts. They're long (70-75mm i believe off the top of my head? could be wrong) but you could re-use 3 of them and just replace 1. This could also be done when the manifold bolts are out and you bribe someone to drive you to lordco or home depot while it's out to match the length and pitch. (i want to say m8 X 125 but can't recall, been so long..)

What are the chances that the manifold bolts will come off nicely? Probably going to pull some studs out for sure, hopefully not snap any of them in the head. I'd use a hearty amount of liquid wrench on those bolts, perhaps even the night before to let them soak. Those bolts snap and you've got a headache.

Will the intake that you have work for both the t-25 and the 16g? I seem to remember that the t-25 has a smaller inlet? (2"?) whereas the 16g i think is 2.25"??

Don't worry, I got it covered :)
88' MX6 Turbo - 14.2 @ 97.51MPH
94' MX6 V6 - 13.9 @ 96.7MPH
93' Civic Turbo - 14.7 @ 90MPH (bad tune)
90' Civic SI - Auto-X Machine
97' Eclipse GSX 13.6 @ 105MPH
96' Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo
97' Acura EL 14.5 @ 98MPH
'02 Lexus IS300 15.125 @ 91MPH
97' CR-V Winter Beater.
04' WRB WRX STI

Offline Josh Royle

• 6 Bolt Swap
« Reply #18 on: February 17, 2009, 04:59:51 pm »

Don't worry, I got it covered :)

What do u mean? you Have all the misc little parts?? i have an SS oil line w/ the banjo bolts and crush washers.
1998 GST
Built 6 Bolt Swap/ 3" Turbo Back /Blitz BOV/Apexi SAFC/AutoMeter Cobalt Boost.Oil Prs. AF Gauge/MBC/Hard Intake pipe/Skunk 2/ HID 10K/ FMIC

Offline Josh Royle

• 6 Bolt Swap
« Reply #19 on: February 17, 2009, 07:45:39 pm »
Ok I need to confirm who's comming due to mark installing his motor. Confirm here pls
1998 GST

Offline Sy Haw Wong

« Reply #20 on: February 17, 2009, 08:59:52 pm »
1. Sy Haw Wong

I am still in.  Hopefully Jason and Patrick are in also.

Offline Jason Harwood

« Reply #21 on: February 17, 2009, 10:19:31 pm »
Yea ill still come help

I gotta do a Timing belt / water pump on my bro's integra saturday, but its easy to do.
ill try to get it done this week before hand.
97' CR-V Winter Beater.
04' WRB WRX STI

patrickWoo

« Reply #22 on: February 18, 2009, 12:24:10 am »
I'll come by after my regular "work" session....so about 4ish? ;)

Offline Josh Royle

• 6 Bolt Swap
« Reply #23 on: February 20, 2009, 09:21:36 am »
Ok so still on for install tomorow morning.  I'll be in the garage at like 8 or so.

So syhaw and jason are confirmed. Hopefully we can get it done quickly then go help Mark out?
1998 GST

Offline Jason Harwood

« Reply #24 on: February 20, 2009, 09:53:20 am »
Ok so still on for install tomorow morning.  I'll be in the garage at like 8 or so.

So syhaw and jason are confirmed. Hopefully we can get it done quickly then go help Mark out?

We can all pile into the jeep and head out that way.
97' CR-V Winter Beater.
04' WRB WRX STI

Offline Sy Haw Wong

« Reply #25 on: February 20, 2009, 10:58:11 am »

We can all pile into the jeep and head out that way.

Yeps. 

I will also need to swap out my starter which should not take long.  Also need help reconnecting/wiring/soldering my Cig Lighter.  I anticipate 45min to do that.

Josh, I will come a little earlier since you are going to be in your garage at 8ish.  So it gives us extra time to work on your car.  I will have to cool off my engine before I do anything with the starter anyways.  This may take us the whole day, so I dunno if we can make it to Mark's after.  If so, it will be a long night working on his car.

I will call you later in the evening.
« Last Edit: February 20, 2009, 11:31:20 am by Sy Haw Wong »

Jamie Oswald

« Reply #26 on: February 21, 2009, 10:57:52 pm »
Good day of work today boyz.

Offline Sy Haw Wong

« Reply #27 on: February 21, 2009, 11:08:20 pm »
It was really fun.  Can't wait to see the pics taken.

Was the most swearing I have heard from Josh's mouth while working on the turbo ~  hehe.  But it was fun to work it.

Offline Jason Harwood

« Reply #28 on: February 21, 2009, 11:19:01 pm »
I have a bleeding hand from backhanding a 4G63
97' CR-V Winter Beater.
04' WRB WRX STI

Offline Michel Paiement

• Boom!
« Reply #29 on: February 21, 2009, 11:21:17 pm »
lets see the pic's lol, no test drive yet?