Author Topic: Summer Meet in Tofino - August 15th-16th  (Read 6983 times)

Offline Matt Mann

Re: Summer Meet in Tofino
« Reply #45 on: February 24, 2009, 12:02:40 pm »
I was just up there and man those roads are bad, We were in the Xterra and getting tossed around, the roads are sinking in some spots!!! Not very even roads at all. Some parts up there I could unleash the supercharger's fury. hehehe! People drive fairly respectful, the odd one is an ass. ::) There is still 2 ft of snow on the nasty part on the highway (if you can call it one) lol. Damn nice views out there though!!
1993 Black NT (RIP)
1990 Champayne TSI FWD
1995 Black NT (SOLD)

Offline Maurits Vos

• AWD is AwD...
« Reply #46 on: February 24, 2009, 01:56:58 pm »
Roads will be fine by then. They have to make them all pretty for all the tourist.

Seems like nobody's actually into this though.. 6 cars? Come on guys. Just picture it now.. A campground.. no no wait. The whole town full of DSMs.. everywhere. And just good people drinking, eating.. Partying and having a damn good time.

Tofino 09 man... It's where it'll be at.

EDIT: Whoops. Thanks Sheela
« Last Edit: February 24, 2009, 02:48:28 pm by Maurits Vos »
"you just need to drive a well setup DSM. In all fairness, a well setup DSM probably drives like a stock E30, ha ha."

Offline Sheela krasnuik

« Reply #47 on: February 24, 2009, 02:45:53 pm »

Tofino 08 man... It's where it'll be at.

08.....did I miss something again?
"I don't know what your problem is, but I'll bet it's hard to pronounce"

Offline Kristopher

« Reply #48 on: February 24, 2009, 10:29:53 pm »
Some friends are reserving some cabins or chalets for a thanksgiving surf adventure so we're rather torn between the two events. One or the other will happen - but it seems like the BCDSM cruise is a bit more feasible. I'll keep reminders set up in my PDA :)
Kristopher

Offline Yas Jandric

« Reply #49 on: February 26, 2009, 03:45:51 pm »
Id go for sure if I have a dsm at that point in time.
Either way, meet or no meet im going.
Either with you guys or with the bimmer guys.

Offline Maurits Vos

• AWD is AwD...
« Reply #50 on: March 10, 2009, 11:07:54 pm »
I guess people just... suck :P

I wish people would be seriously interested... Oh well! I guess it'll just be us Cam
"you just need to drive a well setup DSM. In all fairness, a well setup DSM probably drives like a stock E30, ha ha."

Offline Jon Rabeneck

« Reply #51 on: March 12, 2009, 01:58:00 pm »
closer to the date we will know for sure, but if my talons up and going by then, im game for sure, and im going to get Dan Newman to his first meet as well...

1. Cam Weiss
2. Maurits Vos
3. Richard Clark
4. Goran Jandric
5. Matt Fredrikson
6. Jon Rabeneck
7. Dan Newman
[Dwight Schrute]:
I am fast. To give you a reference point, I'm somewhere between a snake and a mongoose. And a panther.

Offline Maurits Vos

• AWD is AwD...
« Reply #52 on: March 12, 2009, 02:00:40 pm »
THAT's the spirit!  ;D

I still haven't had a DSM meet yet either, so I'm pretty damn well looking forward to making this work.

Offline Shane Sawatzki

« Reply #53 on: March 12, 2009, 07:42:19 pm »
well with my new found drive to get my car fixed, It should be up and running within a couple months....as far as I know i have nothing going on those days, so ...count me in :D

1. Cam Weiss
2. Maurits Vos
3. Richard Clark
4. Goran Jandric
5. Matt Fredrikson
6. Jon Rabeneck
7. Dan Newman
8. Shane Sawatzki 91 TSI AWD
2011 Range Rover Sport SC - wife’s daily
1995 Range Rover Classic - restoration project
1990 Mitsubishi Delica - my daily
92 Skyline GTR - weekend warrior
93 Skyline GTR - wife’s weekend warrior
91 Skyline GTS-4 - Sold
91 Tsi AWD - Sold

Offline Joliesa Lepp

• 1993 tsi awd - big 16g, fmic, meth... head.
« Reply #54 on: March 17, 2009, 01:34:01 pm »
Wish I could go.  >:( Only time we're heading out that way is towards the end of June. LAME!
Outta the game!

Offline Jon Rabeneck

« Reply #55 on: March 23, 2009, 07:15:26 pm »
So, the next best thing to getting this as "sticky" is to just keep posting in it; Dan and I are fine with just finding some little spot to camp... is that the idea here or are people wanting to rent cabins or something?

[Dwight Schrute]:
I am fast. To give you a reference point, I'm somewhere between a snake and a mongoose. And a panther.

Offline Maurits Vos

• AWD is AwD...
« Reply #56 on: March 23, 2009, 07:23:16 pm »
Don't know about anyone else other than Richard really, but we will be camping that's for sure. I might decide later on to get a cabin, but that's highly doubtful.

Cam's already arranged his own lodging..

If people have been following the thread, Tofino gets crazy expensive at high season so again.. If anybody might consider cabins/hotel rooms.. Book now. Spur of the moment will set you back a pretty penny.

Alternatively, Ucluelet isn't too far from Tofino. Roughly 40km from town to town.. so That's piss all for distance and camping/lodging there does seem to be a bit cheaper in the off season, but I have no way of saying for high season.

Sticky?  ;D Yes? Anybody? Maybe? Come oooon you know you wanna

Offline Matt Mann

« Reply #57 on: March 25, 2009, 04:45:38 pm »
Are you guys camping out in the bush or at campsites?
If I plan it right the wife and I may camp up there in the bush. Although we may be driving up the nasty logging roads in the Xterra..Real Camping mucho better than provincial parks.
1993 Black NT (RIP)
1990 Champayne TSI FWD
1995 Black NT (SOLD)

Offline Maurits Vos

• AWD is AwD...
« Reply #58 on: March 25, 2009, 04:57:09 pm »
Either or.

Ucluelet has a NICE campsite that's about 10-15 mins in on a gravel road. It's called Mussle Beach I think and shit.. it's beautiful and it's HUGE. Most guys that'll be taking up their cars won't want to take their car on that road, but it's worth it for sure.

I should have some pictures of the camp site..

Click here for pics!

Not very many, but trust me.. it's nice.

EDIT: Okay so the pictures aren't special at all, but gives you a rough idea. Third or forth picture kinda shows how big the main part of the camp site is. It goes on in the bush for a bit as well.
« Last Edit: March 25, 2009, 04:59:19 pm by Maurits Vos »

Offline Shane Sawatzki

« Reply #59 on: March 25, 2009, 05:33:51 pm »
Most guys that'll be taking up their cars won't want to take their car on that road, but it's worth it for sure.

I have a feeling this was directed at me :D ;D i dont have a problem as long as its a decent gravel road...not a pot hole fest. i wont have super rubber bands then either im getting bigger rubber
2011 Range Rover Sport SC - wife’s daily
1995 Range Rover Classic - restoration project
1990 Mitsubishi Delica - my daily
92 Skyline GTR - weekend warrior
93 Skyline GTR - wife’s weekend warrior
91 Skyline GTS-4 - Sold
91 Tsi AWD - Sold