Author Topic: DEAD CAR :'(  (Read 2267 times)

Offline Josh Letkeman

• WANNA GO FASTER!!!
Re: DEAD CAR :'(
« Reply #15 on: September 17, 2008, 10:04:14 pm »
Nope just a cut on the head and a scrape on the shine.  with some whip lash in there aswell.
1991 Talon AWD TSI- HKS intake, upper front strut bar,  16G turbo, upgraded fuel pump (i think), UICP (HKS), and Koni yellow adjustable skocks.- Silvery gold...ish.  (totaled dead :()

Offline Ryan Slater

« Reply #16 on: September 18, 2008, 09:29:09 pm »
Was this your fault? Like are you getting a settlement beyond the damage to your car?
92 TSI AWD-

Offline Brett Haviland

• Administrator
« Reply #17 on: September 18, 2008, 10:40:31 pm »
i woulda squashed that wabbit like a pancake.

When i see small critters infront i make a effort to speed up and see if i can get em

This includes "Punt" dogs..... (small poodles, terriers, yorkies, pamerainians)

I have not yet been succesfull. :(

I like Colts.  Turbo Colts.

Offline Josh Letkeman

• WANNA GO FASTER!!!
« Reply #18 on: September 19, 2008, 12:35:58 am »
LOL nice i dont try to hit them cause then stuff like that happens to my car.  But i gettinga truck so now i will hit em.  And yes i got money for the car.
1991 Talon AWD TSI- HKS intake, upper front strut bar,  16G turbo, upgraded fuel pump (i think), UICP (HKS), and Koni yellow adjustable skocks.- Silvery gold...ish.  (totaled dead :()

Offline Mike Schmid

« Reply #19 on: September 21, 2008, 12:08:28 pm »
I swerve for nothing that isn't human or bigger than my car.  It's one of the first things I was taught when I started driving and it's served me well so far.  It might sound harsh but cleaning some blood and fur off the car trumps killing/injuring myself or my passengers or other vehicle occupants every time.  I'll brake if it's safe but it ain't worth it to do much more than that.  Not that it helps half the time anyways.  I had a rabbit run out across the road once and I had time to make a controlled safe adjustment a foot or two to the left and avoid him but he changed direction in an instant at the last moment and doubled back under my tires.  Stupid hurts, I felt bad but I wasn't about to swerve violently to avoid it. 

Hope you learned a valuable lesson. 
DSMs - fun when they run

'92 TSi AWD AT - 180bhp
'93 TSi AWD - 195bhp
'90 Laser RS NT - *sold*
'71 Camaro - *sold*

patrickWoo

« Reply #20 on: September 21, 2008, 11:36:12 pm »
yeah man never swerve for small animals. When at speed, "it's either you, or them, think about it"

I never gone thru something like this thank god.

Offline Matt Fredrikson

• Who needs a Turbo?
    • http://www.intencity.cc
« Reply #21 on: September 22, 2008, 12:45:16 pm »
i had a deer jump out infront of me at 160km once not fun I missed it by maybe MAYBE 1/2"
Team Martuned

02 Porsche Boxster S

Sold - 96 TSi AWD - GT30-11, AEM EMS, 860cc, W/I, all Custom SS pipes, ACT XD, Shep Stage 3

Offline Nathan Friess

« Reply #22 on: September 23, 2008, 12:22:23 am »
I missed a moose one time by like 6 inches coming around a corner in the middle of the night.  I was in my colt too, and I was moving FAST.  Would have been nothing left of my car I'm sure.
5 TSI AWD - a few little things here and there
90 Colt 200gt - 4g63T swap, FMIC, SSQV- SOLD
90 Talon TSI AWD- RIP(I still love you baby)

Offline Graeme H Burvill

« Reply #23 on: September 23, 2008, 09:49:30 pm »
I have the worst story, I was driving my hydro truck back to the office enjoying a beautiful day that was almost over. Heading down a main residential street ,within the speed limit ,passing the brackendale general store. As I am passing the cars parked out front i notice something in my peripherals running in between two cars directly at the side of my moving dodge dakota. I instantly reacted by trying to swerve farther out in my lane without crossing the center line. Unfortunately this nice old golden retriever ran full bore right underneath my truck and kurthump! I immediately pulled over as I was still a little groggy about what exactly had run underneath my moving vehicle. Poor old fella was dead instantly, I hung around for a bit trying to explain to the terrified group of children that saw this that life goes on. Some other folks came over and then the owner showed up. Apparently this dog had done this before and some how avoided injury(why let it run free then?). Had bystanders pondering why a dog would be so dumb. None the less I had to pick the big old guy up and load him in to the poor ladies jeep. Pretty harsh experience for someone who has had a pretty cusioned life. Even though it wasn't my fault I have to admit i went straight home and cried my eyes out, and I am a grown man. Also a huge dog lover. Felt absolutely horrible about this, but i guess thats the way she goes.
Talon TSI-Champagne...She must live again...

Offline Nathan Friess

« Reply #24 on: September 24, 2008, 10:39:27 am »
Thats pretty rough. I hit a squirrel one time and felt kinda bad.  I could only imagine what hitting someones dog would feel like.
5 TSI AWD - a few little things here and there
90 Colt 200gt - 4g63T swap, FMIC, SSQV- SOLD
90 Talon TSI AWD- RIP(I still love you baby)

Offline Jason Harwood

« Reply #25 on: September 24, 2008, 11:02:15 am »
Thats pretty rough. I hit a squirrel one time and felt kinda bad.  I could only imagine what hitting someones dog would feel like.

I killed a squirrel a few weeks ago, as I said above. I used to work for vet clinic's taking dead animals to cremators. It was a dirty job for a high school kid to have. I once had to saw a guys pet ostrich in half so it would fit in the oven
88' MX6 Turbo - 14.2 @ 97.51MPH
94' MX6 V6 - 13.9 @ 96.7MPH
93' Civic Turbo - 14.7 @ 90MPH (bad tune)
90' Civic SI - Auto-X Machine
97' Eclipse GSX 13.6 @ 105MPH
96' Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo
97' Acura EL 14.5 @ 98MPH
'02 Lexus IS300 15.125 @ 91MPH
97' CR-V Winter Beater.
04' WRB WRX STI

Offline Brett Haviland

• Administrator
« Reply #26 on: September 24, 2008, 07:13:17 pm »
Probably the worst thing ever was seeing a small kitten get hit.  I didn't hit it but the car infront of me did.  I seen it run out infront of the car,  and it came out of the rear of the car with its rear end and legs squished.  It was trying to get away with only its front two legs.  I couldn't stand to see the thing suffer so i had to get out of my car and stomp on its head to kill it and stop the suffeing.  Hard thing to do.

Another time i was coming home from roofing on a country road. I seen a full grown deer (doe) in the road infront of me.  I stopped got out of my truck and went to check it out.  As soon as the deer saw me  it started trying to get away.  It had been hit by a vehicle before i got there and its rear legs were not working anymore but it could still drag its self along the ground with its front legs.  All i had in the back of my truck was a spade shovel and i went up to the deer and looked at it and realized how messy it would be to try and put it out of its misery.  Instead i phoned the RCMP and told them about it as a shot to the head would be a much nicer way of ending it then beating it to death with a shovel.

Poor stupid animals.
« Last Edit: September 24, 2008, 07:15:24 pm by Brett Haviland »

Offline Dave Kish

« Reply #27 on: September 24, 2008, 10:35:28 pm »
i thought i would share my pics.. rough night meeting up with a drunk at an intersection.

Offline Brett Haviland

• Administrator
« Reply #28 on: September 25, 2008, 07:52:08 am »
OHHH SNAP!!

That car was sooo mint too!!  Sorry to hear bud!

Hopefully everything goes well with ICBC and you get a hood settlement

Are you going to try and find another DSM?

Definalty a write off.

Offline Matt Fredrikson

• Who needs a Turbo?
    • http://www.intencity.cc
« Reply #29 on: September 25, 2008, 08:05:38 am »
so not trying to be an ass but if your looking again let me know

But DUDE hope your alright man that thing was FUUUCKED!
Team Martuned

02 Porsche Boxster S

Sold - 96 TSi AWD - GT30-11, AEM EMS, 860cc, W/I, all Custom SS pipes, ACT XD, Shep Stage 3