Author Topic: FRASER VALLEY TOUR JULY 6th 2008!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  (Read 13125 times)

Offline Brett Haviland

• Administrator
yay pics and vids!! bring em on

lol i hope i wasn't one of the ones making your wifes eyes tear up.  i dont have a cat on there as i dont need aircare, but i have never heard anyone complain that was driving behind the colt.  It doesn't seem overly rich or blow any smoke that i know of.

I cant say the same for Zach Holt or john's car  lol.  I had some serious coughing fits trying to get the particulates flying out of those exhuasts lol. 
I like Colts.  Turbo Colts.

Offline Doug Almond

Awesome pics there Mark !

Offline Remi Raymond

• In a 12 step program
yay pics and vids!! bring em on

lol i hope i wasn't one of the ones making your wifes eyes tear up.  i dont have a cat on there as i dont need aircare, but i have never heard anyone complain that was driving behind the colt.  It doesn't seem overly rich or blow any smoke that i know of.

I cant say the same for Zach Holt or john's car  lol.  I had some serious coughing fits trying to get the particulates flying out of those exhuasts lol. 

No you were fine, apart from some tire smoke  :P
They're like expensive pokemon... gotta catch 'em all.

Offline Ivan Josipovic

heheh the trick is to say at the beginning of the pack unless you want to loose 10 years of your life per meet :)
it was a lot of fun guys i cant wait for the next one.
DSMLess

Offline Zach Holt

yea it was great, maybe next time we block off just after the dam so that we can squeel up those 2 corners!

Ps my car got a cat and two rezantors 3 days before the meet..... with out them you would have died.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mitsubishi
Then google.
Then read old postings about it.
Then ask.

Offline John Hartman

resonators don't do anything for pollution, only noise.
91 Eagle Talon TSi 5spd awd.  GT-12, TriFlow Cams, 850s, Tial, JIC, Jackal, sticky rubber.
86 Merkur XR4Ti 5spd, rwd, turbo, 91,381km.  Original paint, heated leather. intercooled, big VAM, Full 3" exhaust, Cossie sway bar, 16" tires.
06 Mazdaspeed6 6spd awd, DISI turbo, heated leather HIDs, Corksport, Cobb, Konig, Centric...
2018 VW Golf Alltrack turbo Tornado Red, 6mt, some free mods

Offline Remi Raymond

• In a 12 step program
resonators don't do anything for pollution, only noise.

What?

(Drove behind Zach for an hour)
They're like expensive pokemon... gotta catch 'em all.

Offline Zach Holt

I know john.... lol I was just listing everything in my Ehoust becouse I jsut re did it and was proud.... maybe I should be so happy of my 2 hour Exhoust cut and weld :( lol

good meet all.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mitsubishi
Then google.
Then read old postings about it.
Then ask.

Offline CamWeiss

Looks like it was a good one.

I'm loving the black 1Gb's. Do I spy a set of Volk CE28N's on one of 'em? Looks wicked.
Objects in mirrors appear to be losing.

'92 6/4
'86 325e
'72 240z
'76 R75/6
'07 KTM 640 ADV

Offline John Hartman

Yea on Lowells 92, along with the "Peek-a-boo" carbon fiber hood.
91 Eagle Talon TSi 5spd awd.  GT-12, TriFlow Cams, 850s, Tial, JIC, Jackal, sticky rubber.
86 Merkur XR4Ti 5spd, rwd, turbo, 91,381km.  Original paint, heated leather. intercooled, big VAM, Full 3" exhaust, Cossie sway bar, 16" tires.
06 Mazdaspeed6 6spd awd, DISI turbo, heated leather HIDs, Corksport, Cobb, Konig, Centric...

Offline Kristopher

whaat?  your flywheel came loose? jeeze. thats what the wierd noise was you were looking for at the mission chevron??
]

Yep!
So in the past two days I've learned a shitload about torsional resonance on crankshafts. I also know why most people were breaking cranks on strokers. Shitty harmonic absorbers (aka dampers) or lack thereof is probably the primary reason. What I've yet to find is how the resonant frequency is calculated exactly. I have a 2.4L crank so I've been debating whether I've just moved the critical (engine damaging frequency) up/down the rpm range or if I've changed it completely rendering the stock pulley useless. An interesting tidbit is the 1600 thru to 2400 series 4G all show the same part number for the crank pulley. Therefore I'm led to believe that it's the same frequency. Which also means the slight bend/wobble in my stock hyundai 2.4 pulley likely created one hell of a mess adding to the already crappy resonance at 8000rpm!

In case you ever wanted to know!
 ;)

Oh John, where are the other pics??

And I hope my car wasn't too stinky either, shouldn't be. Has a cat and good AFRs
« Last Edit: July 09, 2008, 09:28:27 pm by Kristopher Rozon »
Kristopher

Offline John Hartman

Other pics are coming, movie might be a bit more time, new camera, never done any video editing.

About the crank resonance, I would, were I you, phone someone from ATI or Fluidampr.  Those guys, in addition to making good parts, will be really in the know about that shite.  They both recently (2 yrs or so) have released DSM dampers, and before they did I had some email correspondance with them about it, and they told me the delays were due to them wanting to make it really good, and talked about harmonics and different rpm etc.

Offline John Hartman

sorry I didn't get everyone in.  I was driving most of the time and some of the shots I did get didn't turn out that good(not that these are earthshaking either).  I do have lots of video with more people and thier cars too.

Offline Joliesa Lepp

• 1993 tsi awd - big 16g, fmic, meth... head.
I have to say I'm now very disappointed that I missed FVT because that Grey 1gb (whoever's that is) is so sexy.
Outta the game!

Offline Brett Haviland

• Administrator
Thats mark bailieys grey 1Gb.  Pimpin the built engine!
I like Colts.  Turbo Colts.