Author Topic: FRASER VALLEY TOUR JULY 6th 2008!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  (Read 13118 times)

Offline John Hartman

C'mon Zach, try to stay with the program  ;)  Yea we are just gonna drive around until we find each other, makes for a good time  :D

As for food, traditionally, we eat in Harrison, but we don't have to.  That said, it is more in the right time for food, Hope is usually another hour from arriving in Harrison, as we all park along the lake and talk etc.

There are 2 places that are normally eaten at.  One is a cheapish burger joint, but it fills up quick, however its for all ages.  There is a fairly nice pub, but no minors in there, so we can work that out when we get there.
91 Eagle Talon TSi 5spd awd.  GT-12, TriFlow Cams, 850s, Tial, JIC, Jackal, sticky rubber.
86 Merkur XR4Ti 5spd, rwd, turbo, 91,381km.  Original paint, heated leather. intercooled, big VAM, Full 3" exhaust, Cossie sway bar, 16" tires.
06 Mazdaspeed6 6spd awd, DISI turbo, heated leather HIDs, Corksport, Cobb, Konig, Centric...
2018 VW Golf Alltrack turbo Tornado Red, 6mt, some free mods

Offline Nathan Friess

1: Ivan Josipovic
2: Michel Paiement
3: Matt Fredrikson
4: Doug Almond
5: Kristopher Rozon
6: Mark Guthrie
7: Brett Haviland + WIFE
8:John
9:Carmen(hey,if the Cherman stuff is in, so is ours)
10: zacHolt
11: Joe March
12. Travis Murphy
13. Kevin Chan
14. Jason Gilbert
15. Nathan Townsend
16. Amir Ali
17. Marke Bailey
18. Remi Raymond

Unfortunately, Ive gotta back out due to something coming up :(.  Still havent made it to an FVT... Damnit!
5 TSI AWD - a few little things here and there
90 Colt 200gt - 4g63T swap, FMIC, SSQV- SOLD
90 Talon TSI AWD- RIP(I still love you baby)

Offline Kevin Chan

Jason might be looking at my car tomorrow, can't resist the chance of a sale, I might not be able to make it...
o___0"
98 UZS160 hovering on air

Offline Ivan Josipovic

hmm ok seems like nobody wants to meet in Vancouver.

i will be at coquitlam center, at 7:00am, and im leaving for abbosford at 7:30am.

and bring your two ways
« Last Edit: October 08, 2010, 10:22:43 am by Ivan Josipovic »
DSMLess

Offline Michel Paiement

• Boom!
I am going to have to bail, there is this car i've been trying to sell for a couple of months, finaly someone is going to buy it + i have the eclipse all apart right now. :(

Offline John Hartman

Chel, bad planning, its the FVT man  :)

no, its good, hope you sell that last Jbody.

I'van, meet the guys in Coquitlam, and cruise out to the Maple Ridge Value Village to meet us.  No use coming on the hiway to Abby, then back to Maple Ridge, then back again to Mission  :)  Unless you just like the extra drive of course.

PS, you have extra electronics for the 'Squirt?
91 Eagle Talon TSi 5spd awd.  GT-12, TriFlow Cams, 850s, Tial, JIC, Jackal, sticky rubber.
86 Merkur XR4Ti 5spd, rwd, turbo, 91,381km.  Original paint, heated leather. intercooled, big VAM, Full 3" exhaust, Cossie sway bar, 16" tires.
06 Mazdaspeed6 6spd awd, DISI turbo, heated leather HIDs, Corksport, Cobb, Konig, Centric...

Offline Jason Gilbert

Good FVT everyone!

And again, thanks to everyone for the help today.
991 TSI AWD (Red)
The good stuff is on!
1991 TSI AWD (Black)
Whoops..Somehow its become a parts car!

"Run her 'till she melts a piston, then back the boost down a pound"

Offline Kristopher

My wife and I had a great time today. Nice to see all the people who made it as well!

This should get you to a few of the pics we snapped
http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=132584&l=2b8b1&id=850030244

I guess I should mention that there were no 'fatal DSM breakdowns'.
We got away with one overheated car, one with a loose PS pump, and mine with a flywheel which didn't like staying bolted to the crank.
« Last Edit: July 06, 2008, 08:15:36 pm by Kristopher Rozon »
Kristopher

Offline Brett Haviland

• Administrator
whaat?  your flywheel came loose? jeeze. thats what the wierd noise was you were looking for at the mission chevron??
I like Colts.  Turbo Colts.

Offline Remi Raymond

• In a 12 step program
My wife and I had a great time today. Nice to see all the people who made it as well!

This should get you to a few of the pics we snapped
http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=132584&l=2b8b1&id=850030244

I guess I should mention that there were no 'fatal DSM breakdowns'.
We got away with one overheated car, one with a loose PS pump, and mine with a flywheel which didn't like staying bolted to the crank.

Thats not true, there was a fatal dsm issue.

I spilled Gatorade all over my passenger carpet.
They're like expensive pokemon... gotta catch 'em all.

Offline Brett Haviland

• Administrator
ahhah,   and that carpet was sooo clean!  damnit!

Nice to get out and meet a bunch more of you guys.  Cant wait till the next one!

Yay! the colt didn't blow up its tranny after all the abuse I put it through yesterday

Here are the pics i just got uploaded.  My camera screwed up.. i had some nice scenic ones of hopeslide, but they disapeared.

DSM's, almost as far as the eye could see.

at harrison

LUNCH TIME

haha Lowell Foo is in the background hiding his ugly mug i guess, hahha ;)

heres the only pic that made it of us at hopeslide

Heres a few shots i took on the way home.

The colt in the mountains around merritt

thats all i got!
« Last Edit: July 07, 2008, 10:26:34 pm by Brett Haviland »

Offline Doug Almond

Yes, that was a lot of fun and a great day for it.
Some nice pics there Brett.
And I'm sure we're all grateful  for not having to dodge the shrapnel of an exploding Colt transmission!

Offline Brett Haviland

• Administrator
ahahha

Offline John Hartman

Nice shots of the Colty playin rally car :)  Glad it didn't grenade  :)

Kris, about your post, well, the overheater and the loose PS pump were one car, hehehe, so only really 2 casualties.  And yours made it back.  Hell, the other red car made it back too, just with some love from the community  :)

Props to everyone who made it out, good to see.  Big props to Joe and lovely wife(no one got her name seems like, but we did get the new babies name, Jessica) for making it, long drive leaving at oh-dark-thirty. 

Huge mad props for Brett making it, no money, late nite tune, not sure of the car, but he wanted to come cruise with us, so he did it.  Much appreciated.  Dedication.  And I owe you $10, dammit!!  I went and got cash too, and then forgot!!  Crap!

Hope Marke is feeling better, he was sick enough to bail out at Mission, so he must have been feeling pretty shitty indeed. 

Glad to see the Foo man out for a meet.  Always a good learning experience.

As well Mike "Sandy V" Meron, holy, where's he been hiding?  Wherever it was, he left half himself there, looking spry and athletic.  Still smokes tho  :D

Good to meet some of you for the first time as well, Remi and a few others.

Good seeing the rest of you again too.

No one did anything stupid in traffic(well I had a bit of a moment when I underestimated the car and closed on someone kinda fast) and we all kept mostly togeather.

We DID get bit by the regular 2 directional bugs.  First one, just before Hope, apparently half the crew went up towards Lake of the Woods, until they found Aaron Moores old bumper and came back, and then we decided to follow Lowell and company all the way to Othello Tunnels turn around, hehe, almost every year we do this.

We also unintentionally took the extra long way back to Mission due to a "right or left?"  followed by a resounding chorus of "I dunno"  Nice road tho, so no big loss.

Several of us need to get our cars a bit cleaner tailpipe wise tho, lots of us were really eye wateringly rich!  My wifes eye makeup was actually smeared due to a couple of cars we followed and there was lots of talk of it later on  :)  Mine apparently is getting tired too and taking care of the mosquitoes when I back off the gas.  Well, time to finish that head build and re-ring etc.

I'll post up some pics and videos soon.

Offline Mark Guthrie

good cruise everyone, glad we had little problems and a good day, looking forward to seeing everyone out to the next meet coming up soon.

pics..... not bad for a camera phone!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

« Last Edit: July 07, 2008, 10:37:51 pm by Mark Guthrie »
silly honda's, street lamps are for seeing, not hugging!

1991 talon tsi awd (DB UICP,Greddy type S BOV,FMIC, Steel 3"intake, 3" exhaust, BB MBC, 14PSI)