Author Topic: My car and its boo boo  (Read 2821 times)

Jamie Oswald

Re: My car and its boo boo
« Reply #15 on: May 07, 2008, 10:18:49 pm »
just tell them what happed and once they inspect both cars and the situation they will coem to the most likely concusion. 4700 is a close to right off for a 2G and an auto for a 1G

Body:
R&R hood, wind shield, obsorber, (posably head lights "if so they will be replaced by oems")
R&I head lights, side marker, merors, door handles, belt molding, side molding, door interior
Rep, front bumper, fenders.
Frame pull.

Paint:
Hood, fenders bumper, door blend.

Thats it off the top of my head with out tuching it or taking anything off. Thats quite a bit of ICBC money.

So i talked to the guy who looked my car over. He told me that its at 4700 in damage for right now as of what they can see with out taking things appart. He also told me its 4700 now but it will go up for sure once they things appart. Hes like yeah dude to this kind of impact your car is visibally noticable that its shifted to the right and that this could be a total loss.

Offline Reggie Gergely

« Reply #16 on: May 07, 2008, 11:16:48 pm »
dude.... that sucks the big one! if things dont work out well for you, i am sellin my car with or without the engine and i would obviously give you a smokin deal if you want her? let me know bud... hopefully you can keep urs tho!
2008 Toyota Tacoma - Black TRD Sport Package
MiDnItE xPrEsS~ 98 TSI AWD - Aftermarket Eclipse conversion, dropped, Compustar alarm (parked)
2001 R6 - Black with chrome decals (sold)

Offline Shane Sawatzki

« Reply #17 on: May 07, 2008, 11:24:40 pm »
ICBC is a joke, if you are 100% not at fault, you should have the CHOICE, of wanting your car written off or not. no matter what the cost to repair ICBC SHOULD HAVE TO FIX YOUR CAR IF THATS WHAT YOU WANT IN A SCENARIO WHERE YOU DID NOTHING WRONG. id snap man....i couldnt handle that shit...im gettin raging mad sittin here and Its not even my car. I want to goto ICBC here and give them a piece of mind. lol......thats just my opinion...
2011 Range Rover Sport SC - wife’s daily
1995 Range Rover Classic - restoration project
1990 Mitsubishi Delica - my daily
92 Skyline GTR - weekend warrior
93 Skyline GTR - wife’s weekend warrior
91 Skyline GTS-4 - Sold
91 Tsi AWD - Sold

Offline Brett Haviland

• Administrator
« Reply #18 on: May 08, 2008, 07:52:00 am »
If you want to stop the pain..  Go and try and get prescribed percacete. (sp?)

When i shot a nail right through my thumb, percacete was there for me. 

Those things are like 10X better then T3's.  They are addicting though.
I like Colts.  Turbo Colts.

Offline Matt Mann

« Reply #19 on: May 08, 2008, 09:18:40 am »
As I am a Pharmacy Tech. The Dr. may prescribe t3's and Flexeril (cyclobenzaprine) a muscle relaxant (Common car accident combo) first, depending on where you go? Percocet is a narcotic analgesic(pain killer) and is controlled. High rate for potential abuse on such medication. I would talk to your GP if you have one. If not chances of a Walk-in Clinic giving you Percocet is unlikely. Depends on how you play you pain to them....
1993 Black NT (RIP)
1990 Champayne TSI FWD
1995 Black NT (SOLD)

Offline Matt Mann

« Reply #20 on: May 08, 2008, 04:51:41 pm »
dude you can't drink on any pills

Actually you can drink on certain pills SOME antibiotics, analgesics, but not percocet contains acetaminophen (Tylenol) which in higher doses <1000MG in 4 hours will harm you liver or exceeding 4000MG in 24 hours will damage your liver severely. So think when you are taking medication, it is all filtered by your liver when introduced orally, so some meds combined with alcohol damage liver cells therefore preventing natural function of the liver. Always consult the pharmacist or talk to your doctor prescribing but in my experience talk to the pharmacist they have the knowledge on drugs whereas doctors have knowledge for treatment.
1993 Black NT (RIP)
1990 Champayne TSI FWD
1995 Black NT (SOLD)

Jamie Oswald

« Reply #21 on: May 08, 2008, 07:32:46 pm »
True that, so i went to a few body shops today. I will be taking my car to the westwood autobody shop there. What i was told is auto body shops are always 20% more what the guy was saying to me so if that were the case

my 4700 dammage would now be 5640 plus other things they find. I asume they will be towing my car there tomorrow and then ill know whats going down.

Offline Sy Haw Wong

« Reply #22 on: May 08, 2008, 11:11:22 pm »
Sorry to hear about your car Jamie.

But if you were going to fix it, I would say its time to upgrade your car with a Carbon Fiber Hood.  My friend got his Camaro hit, and a new OEM hood cost more than a CF hood.  So might as well.

« Last Edit: May 08, 2008, 11:13:21 pm by Sy Haw Wong »

Offline Sy Haw Wong

« Reply #23 on: May 08, 2008, 11:22:17 pm »
Yeah.  Just tell the shop to quote you on a OEM hood.  Then ask him to quote you on a CF hood.  If there is an obvious difference, I don't see why not.  In fact you will be doing ICBC a favor by saving them money if the CF hood turns out to be cheaper.

Offline Matt Fredrikson

• Who needs a Turbo?
    • http://www.intencity.cc
« Reply #24 on: May 09, 2008, 03:21:27 pm »
Jamie what you do if you want to do the hood thing is you go to the body shop and find out what they charge ICBC for a new hood, tell them you want to be paid out for a new hood and you will provide them with a hood. They'll give you like $1100 for the hood same as they charge ICBC you purchase a CF hood and they will install it for you. I've done this before with tires when they were going to replace 3 of my tires after an accident becuase of sidewall damage I took the money and bought my own tires. They will charge far more for the part than you can get if for so in some cases like yours it works out well. Hope that helps  :)
Team Martuned

02 Porsche Boxster S

Sold - 96 TSi AWD - GT30-11, AEM EMS, 860cc, W/I, all Custom SS pipes, ACT XD, Shep Stage 3

Offline Artem Goloubov

• http://www.evoincanada.com/
« Reply #25 on: June 23, 2008, 11:13:56 pm »
You'll be surprised who bough it  :)

« Last Edit: June 23, 2008, 11:19:24 pm by Artem Goloubov »

Offline Zach Holt

« Reply #26 on: June 24, 2008, 08:54:23 pm »
you can just buy em from ICBC but you just have to pass a hard VI but after the price of the car and parts unless your a bodymen its kinda pointless
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mitsubishi
Then google.
Then read old postings about it.
Then ask.

Offline Artem Goloubov

• http://www.evoincanada.com/
« Reply #27 on: June 24, 2008, 10:42:47 pm »
you can just buy em from ICBC but you just have to pass a hard VI but after the price of the car and parts unless your a bodymen its kinda pointless

Actually Zach, No, you can't just buy them, you won't be able to get anywhere close to these cars unless you have proper license :P
« Last Edit: June 24, 2008, 10:45:44 pm by Artem Goloubov »

Offline Zach Holt

« Reply #28 on: June 25, 2008, 10:12:11 pm »

Actually Zach, No, you can't just buy them, you won't be able to get anywhere close to these cars unless you have proper license :P

maybe you dont understand, I said it was posable.... think before you type Artem, you can have the autobody shop buy it or shit MY body SHOP! hell you pay to go on the ICBC auchtion site you can buy it your self as long as its off to a (ICBC certified) bodyshop for repair, or parts, either or. It just wont tuch the road it will go strate to a shop. have it fixxed at a body shop and pass it though that Hard "VI" AS I STATED up there. its all there man. guys at my shop do it all the time....... bosses painters hell bodymen I was thinking about buying one, but I got my talon and live down town so I dont need a runner just a wase of money.

im sick of people going im right your wrong on this damn forum. :-\
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mitsubishi
Then google.
Then read old postings about it.
Then ask.

Jamie Oswald

« Reply #29 on: June 25, 2008, 10:47:15 pm »
im gona go there and be like ill take my exhaust back now thanks