Author Topic: My car and its boo boo  (Read 2818 times)

Jamie Oswald

My car and its boo boo
« on: May 04, 2008, 08:21:31 pm »
So driving back today from gold creek in maple ridge, Me and the gurl head to the pet store to look at some pups. But then a fckin ass hole asian driver rips out infront of me not lookin my way and i slam on the brakes and BAM into the front fender of the guy. So i get out of my car soooo pissed lookin at him yelling WTF were you thinking. Seriously did you not look my way... i have the right away you have to wait untll its clear to go. What does he say to me... Sorry sorry my fault sir i look other way i sorry sir. Sorry sorry. Here i am going wtf man look at my car. This is bull shit... and you hear someone yell knock him out!

So im carless untill i find out whats going on. Me n my gf are in pain, back, neck , and my chest. The gf is still in shock as this is her first accident.

Now the pass Fender is rubbing on my pass door and my alignment is fucked:@

What a brudal day >:(

« Last Edit: May 04, 2008, 08:33:59 pm by Jamie Oswald »

Offline Travis Murphy

mightve been a good idea to have taken some pics still on the scene before moving the cars too
shitty for it to have messed up your car that badly
91 Talon TSI ported O2, 2.5", KYB AGX, Eibach Pros, evo 3
55 Chevy Belair

Offline Artem Goloubov

• http://www.evoincanada.com/
Re: My car and its boo boo
« Reply #2 on: May 04, 2008, 10:07:24 pm »
ICBC will write this off as a total lose. If it's not your fault I'd take the $$$ and buy the car back for parts if they'll let you.

Offline Mike Hewitt

« Reply #3 on: May 04, 2008, 11:05:53 pm »
ICBC actually writes such minor things off? I think that's kinda BS. An alignment,windshield, front bumper, and fender would fix the problems. No way its worth as much as totaling off the car...ICBC...never makes sense.
~CrAzY~
If it won't go, bore it.
If it still won't go, stroke it.
If it still won't go, chrome it...

Offline Osme Velic

« Reply #4 on: May 05, 2008, 05:00:44 pm »
Wow I thought my car hated me, with bad luck. But I think you take the cake there sunny. Suckage for sure, I mean the dude can apoligize all he wants, but too late for that...I doubt they will write it off...Good luck hommie.
04 Suzuki SV650 :)
04 Ninja 250 stolen/stripped :(
05 BMW 325i :)
96 Talon AWD TSi SADLY sold :(
97 Cavalier sold :(
86 Civic sold :)
89 Accord CRUSHED :(

Licensed Automotive refinish Technican. PM if you are in need

Jamie Oswald

« Reply #5 on: May 05, 2008, 08:00:29 pm »
i was talkin to the lady today on the phone... The Adjuster and she asked what was damaged and i told her the
Hood
Fender
Bumper
Windsheild
Drivers Light
Rad Support
and she told me by the sounds of it the car will be written off:( The just picked up my car and took it to the slavage yard...... so im goning to call my adjuster tomorrow and ask her whats going on

Offline Mike Hewitt

« Reply #6 on: May 05, 2008, 08:45:07 pm »
ouch! its sooo minor(ish) damage though! I want it! :(
~CrAzY~
If it won't go, bore it.
If it still won't go, stroke it.
If it still won't go, chrome it...

Offline Shane Sawatzki

« Reply #7 on: May 06, 2008, 08:12:25 am »
I dont think they will write it off, my friend had a 1995 Volkswagon Golf, NOT A GTI. and he got rear ended and cause over 2 grand in damage, need both rear quarter panels, rear hatch and rear bumper along with exhaust got broken off, taillights etc...he said there was about 2500$ worth of damage to his car he said but thats a golf...and your DSM is worth way more than that from the start...he paid like 4600$ for the golf.
2011 Range Rover Sport SC - wife’s daily
1995 Range Rover Classic - restoration project
1990 Mitsubishi Delica - my daily
92 Skyline GTR - weekend warrior
93 Skyline GTR - wife’s weekend warrior
91 Skyline GTS-4 - Sold
91 Tsi AWD - Sold

Offline Mike Schmid

« Reply #8 on: May 06, 2008, 09:09:53 am »
ICBC actually writes such minor things off? I think that's kinda BS. An alignment,windshield, front bumper, and fender would fix the problems. No way its worth as much as totaling off the car...ICBC...never makes sense.

It's what's inside that counts man.  A car can look pretty decent until you measure it out and find out all those smallish panel misalignments are because the crumple zones in the frame did their thing.  Then the cost to get it on a frame jig and straighten it out quickly adds up beyond the book value of the car.  Especially when you add in the new panels and paint and stuff. 
DSMs - fun when they run

'92 TSi AWD AT - 180bhp
'93 TSi AWD - 195bhp
'90 Laser RS NT - *sold*
'71 Camaro - *sold*

Jamie Oswald

« Reply #9 on: May 06, 2008, 09:18:42 am »
Well i guess the frame is done because it cracked my window as you can see in the driver pics. Icbc just called me and they are literally trying to jip me off. SOrry but the mark on the headlight does not seem to add up. I mean we cant find what would cause that mark/ burn so there for it will not be covered. Im like wtf dude i have pictures from b4 that mark was never there. Then he goes to the windo and sees it cracked hes like yeah we were looking at that and thats old damage.... I was like WHAT! if that was old i would replace it you cant race at mission raceway with a cracked sheild. I was lliike what the hell are you doing telling me whats what. This is bull shit i know what was damaged and thats that. Hes like ok were going to look it over again and if we still cant find it were gona put the cars side by side.

FUCK!

Offline Ivan Josipovic

« Reply #10 on: May 06, 2008, 11:27:41 am »
Typical of ICBM to try to screw you over.but don't give in, fight them on everything. Your car was in great shape except for the bumper and we all have pics to prove it. Let is know how the meeting goes
DSMLess

Offline Edwin Nigam

• Streetfire.net
« Reply #11 on: May 06, 2008, 12:21:34 pm »
you should have gone straight to your lawyers.
And let him deal with ICBC.

Offline Joliesa Lepp

• 1993 tsi awd - big 16g, fmic, meth... head.
« Reply #12 on: May 06, 2008, 07:51:02 pm »
It's really too bad that so many douchebags work at icbc not to properly verify your claim. (I'm sure that there are some good ones out there....somewhere.) Friend of mine had the same problem when some guy backed into her on a hill (twice), no coverage because "the bumpers didn't match up." But looking from the pictures you took, I'd say that all the damage you claimed is totally possible. First thought that came to mind when I saw your first picture was frame is screwed, because the whole front end of your car is twisted. Obviously that blows beyond belief, and a frame and all mounts being stressed like that could definately cause something like a crack in your winshield. And heat from two panels rubbing together can cause burn marks on plastic lenses on something like a headlight.

Mike Schmid:
It's what's inside that counts man.  A car can look pretty decent until you measure it out and find out all those smallish panel misalignments are because the crumple zones in the frame did their thing.  Then the cost to get it on a frame jig and straighten it out quickly adds up beyond the book value of the car.  Especially when you add in the new panels and paint and stuff. 

Hopefully the blind bats will take a look at the cars side by side and actually add it up in their fuzzy little brains. Seems so silly that honest people get taken to the can in something like this.
Outta the game!

Jamie Oswald

« Reply #13 on: May 06, 2008, 11:25:33 pm »
So i get to the meeting today goes thru th injury claim and then i go to the docs and he perscribes me
t3's
Novo Cycloprine
and Novo-Naprox plus 20 sessions of physio.
Turns out from what they estimated its going to be about 4700 to fix but thats all they can say untill the shop takes things appart. he said from what we see now its 50 50. So ive gotta get down there tomorrow and talk with them about everything...
I just wana relaxxx :( Dammit

Offline Zach Holt

« Reply #14 on: May 07, 2008, 06:50:49 pm »
just tell them what happed and once they inspect both cars and the situation they will coem to the most likely concusion. 4700 is a close to right off for a 2G and an auto for a 1G

Body:
R&R hood, wind shield, obsorber, (posably head lights "if so they will be replaced by oems")
R&I head lights, side marker, merors, door handles, belt molding, side molding, door interior
Rep, front bumper, fenders.
Frame pull.

Paint:
Hood, fenders bumper, door blend.

Thats it off the top of my head with out tuching it or taking anything off. Thats quite a bit of ICBC money.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mitsubishi
Then google.
Then read old postings about it.
Then ask.