Author Topic: june 21 saturday street legals (ashcroft)  (Read 4107 times)

Offline Mark Guthrie

june 21 saturday street legals (ashcroft)
« on: April 28, 2008, 08:27:38 pm »
ok guys after haveing a disscussion with brett h about the street legals in ashcroft a few people thought it might be a good idea to head out there for a friday night stay and an all day saturday street legals day for bcdsm.

the reason why im asking if people would be interested in this is due to the amount of races involved in one day, brett informed me that the last time he went he got in 10-11 passes in one day!!!!!!!!
to be certain that we would get that many passes i will be contacting eagle motorplex in ashcroft and confirming details on this.

now this would be a pretty sweet even as we could get together and cruise out there on friday night stay overnight in the camping/pit area and get a good 10 passes in for the price of fuel to get there and back and 40 bucks for a day of racing.

this seems like a pretty feesable thing to acomplish, now its up to the members on this board to actually plan ahead 2 months and actually commit to something. this would actually be a great club get together and is one of the best ideas to bring everyone closer and stronger as a group.

nice thing is, its ashcroft so most likely we would be the only ones in street legals maybe a couple scraglers her and there but still!!!!!!

im already in im stoked for this hopefully people want to do this and will commit!!!
what do u guys think?

http://www.eaglemotorplex.com/

1. Mark Guthrie!
« Last Edit: April 28, 2008, 08:34:03 pm by Mark Guthrie »
silly honda's, street lamps are for seeing, not hugging!

1991 talon tsi awd (DB UICP,Greddy type S BOV,FMIC, Steel 3"intake, 3" exhaust, BB MBC, 14PSI)

Offline Ivan Josipovic

Re: june 21 saturday street legals (ashcroft)
« Reply #1 on: April 28, 2008, 09:59:37 pm »
grr I'm on vacation till June 23, if possible to do it a week later me and my bro will come. And my car should be 100% by then.
DSMLess

Offline Brett Haviland

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: April 29, 2008, 07:46:46 am »
The amount of passes also depends on the weather,  as with any track.  I went there last year once and i got 1 pass in and then it started raining.  Sucked ass but cant rain as much as mission in ashcroft so the chances of getting a beautifull day are good.  But yes, several other times i have went, there was at least 4 or 5 street legal sessions (which you could sometimes hot lap and get two runs in).. and then they had Test & tune runs where u can just hot lap if you want to and get another 4- 5 runs in.

This sounds like a good idea.  I dont think you would camp friday night.  Saturday the races start around noon i think or something and then everyone camps out saturday night and races on sunday if you want to as well. 

I will definalty be up for this. 
I like Colts.  Turbo Colts.

Offline Scott Girvin

« Reply #3 on: April 29, 2008, 09:08:48 am »
Count me in.

Offline Brendan Kelly

• http://wsod.net
« Reply #4 on: April 30, 2008, 09:16:46 pm »
I want to go  ;D
89 turbo colt 4g63t swap, FP HTA68, DS MAP, AEM Meth, 850cc FIC, BC 272's 255 walbro 20*9*3 Fmic 2.5" ic pipe, awd springs, evo 3 mani, 3" dp 3" full exhuast, arp lp1, electronic exaust cut out, electronic boost controller, Best run 12.5 @ 118mph on drag slicks mission in oct 2010 dyno 260 whp @ 24 psi
oct 5 2011 381 whp @ 29 psi

Offline John Hartman

« Reply #5 on: May 01, 2008, 03:46:19 pm »
bwahahahaha, we will get 40 cars signed up and 6 will make it.  All the others will break down on the way,mine included.

BCDSM needs to buy a flat deck  :)
91 Eagle Talon TSi 5spd awd.  GT-12, TriFlow Cams, 850s, Tial, JIC, Jackal, sticky rubber.
86 Merkur XR4Ti 5spd, rwd, turbo, 91,381km.  Original paint, heated leather. intercooled, big VAM, Full 3" exhaust, Cossie sway bar, 16" tires.
06 Mazdaspeed6 6spd awd, DISI turbo, heated leather HIDs, Corksport, Cobb, Konig, Centric...
2018 VW Golf Alltrack turbo Tornado Red, 6mt, some free mods

Offline Travis Murphy

« Reply #6 on: May 01, 2008, 05:03:01 pm »
ill see if i can make it i think i may b fishing that weekend
bwahahahaha, we will get 40 cars signed up and 6 will make it.  All the others will break down on the way,mine included.

BCDSM needs to buy a flat deck  :)
lol no john wed need a car carrier or 2
91 Talon TSI ported O2, 2.5", KYB AGX, Eibach Pros, evo 3
55 Chevy Belair

Jamie Oswald

« Reply #7 on: May 02, 2008, 12:49:36 am »
Im downn

Offline Matt Demick

« Reply #8 on: May 02, 2008, 09:53:49 am »
Count me in.

It's on! trans arrived today  ;D I'll see if i can borrow a flat deck so i can tow my car there wiht the truck. don't trust being that far away from home lol
0' Eagle Talon TSI AWD, JDM 4G63 6/4 Bolt,DSM LINK, X-treme FMIC, 16G/20G Hybrid, Tial BOV, MBC @22psi, 255 Walbro, GM Maf, 680 injectors, WEB 264 Cams, SS Header, 2.5" TurboBack with O2 Elliminator, Tail 38mm External Waste Gate, Fidanza flywheel, ACT 2600 race clutch, and Fidanza Race Shifter

Offline Mark Guthrie

« Reply #9 on: May 02, 2008, 12:29:41 pm »
lol sounds good matt! i think that if everyone just brings some tools and extra parts along for the just in case factor we'd be alright, plus bcaa is your friend lol! hopefully we can get lots of people out to this

1991 talon tsi awd (DB UICP,Greddy type S BOV,FMIC, Steel 3"intake, 3" exhaust, BB MBC, 14PSI)

Offline Scott Girvin

« Reply #10 on: May 02, 2008, 06:11:00 pm »
John jinxed me. Random dash fire caused by shitty clifford alarm grounding internally. Minimal damage but a rewire is a must do to the carnage. Boo gremlins.....still going to be there though.

Offline Doug Almond

« Reply #11 on: May 02, 2008, 06:46:11 pm »
Sounds like it would be fun.
I'm not familiar with the track....what safety equipment is required ?

Offline John Hartman

« Reply #12 on: May 02, 2008, 08:43:40 pm »
Scott, FUUUUUUCK!!  Does this shit ever end?  Toyota Corrolla here we all come. 

Doug, same as any NHRA track.  If Ashcroft doesn't have the rules at thier website, Mission Raceway does.

Basically with what I could guess about your car, it just has to be safe.  No loose front end parts, no worn tires, everything taken out of your car.  Battery has a proper hold down.  Stuff like that.

Once you and your car are capable of consistant 13.99 or better, you will need to have a helmet.  After that, if you get fast enough for the next cut point, you will know what you need.
91 Eagle Talon TSi 5spd awd.  GT-12, TriFlow Cams, 850s, Tial, JIC, Jackal, sticky rubber.
86 Merkur XR4Ti 5spd, rwd, turbo, 91,381km.  Original paint, heated leather. intercooled, big VAM, Full 3" exhaust, Cossie sway bar, 16" tires.
06 Mazdaspeed6 6spd awd, DISI turbo, heated leather HIDs, Corksport, Cobb, Konig, Centric...

Offline Mark Guthrie

« Reply #13 on: May 03, 2008, 01:14:17 am »
very basic rules, one thing i noticed that different then mission, cars dont need to drain antifreeze!

Offline John Hartman

« Reply #14 on: May 03, 2008, 09:02:38 am »
huh?  Thats a wierd one.  Most tracks want that done.