Author Topic: Edited .more pics ADDED AGAIN. "watch out 56K" Nov26 RG sh..tuff  (Read 3839 times)

Offline Zach Holt

front:

Bazel:

interior or the lack of:

Some one stole my intake!!!!

john eat your heart out ;)

Well what do yea think? :P

Edit Removed gay tinted lights

I did the rear lights too, But I only did the lower light so its looks like:
Normal: lights
Dark: Refector strip
Black: strip that says tsi awd eagle talon.

« Last Edit: November 27, 2008, 03:06:58 pm by Zach Holt »
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mitsubishi
Then google.
Then read old postings about it.
Then ask.

Offline Jon Rabeneck

Re: Re did my photos Pics of everything I could think of. "watch out 56K"
« Reply #1 on: April 14, 2008, 11:47:50 pm »
holy weight reduction batman...looking good, i like the gauge mounts, cleanly done
[Dwight Schrute]:
I am fast. To give you a reference point, I'm somewhere between a snake and a mongoose. And a panther.

Offline Zach Holt

« Reply #2 on: April 15, 2008, 12:03:07 am »
Thanks There are some helpful guys at work too. slowly showing me the ropes for really good fab. Ps front bumper just started thats liek 15 min of cut off wheel action. tomorow im going to finish it and, maybe start on my valosity stack style intake aircan. It will be showing its head out the front passanger side of that bumper too ;)
Then google.
Then ask.

Offline Mark Guthrie

« Reply #3 on: April 15, 2008, 10:32:03 am »
just a question.... why the heck would u gut your interior like that? ya i know wieght reduction blah blah, but still like doesnt it feel kinda gay without any interior
silly honda's, street lamps are for seeing, not hugging!

1991 talon tsi awd (DB UICP,Greddy type S BOV,FMIC, Steel 3"intake, 3" exhaust, BB MBC, 14PSI)

Offline Graeme H Burvill

« Reply #4 on: April 15, 2008, 10:53:38 am »
^ i agree, weight reduction is great, when you are talking about a drag queen. Unless you are just refurbishing your interior. The 100lbs of weight loss you get may increase performance slightly but you could gain that performance with engine modifications rather than gut your whole car out. Other than that though, this thing is awesome. That front mount looks like it will eat any car in its path.
Talon TSI-Champagne...She must live again...

Jamie Oswald

« Reply #5 on: April 15, 2008, 11:25:10 am »
if you wanted weight reduction you would be scoping out a CF dash not that big heavy dash, Where the cf doors and trunk?

Offline John Hartman

« Reply #6 on: April 15, 2008, 02:58:32 pm »
Ok, first off, starting to come togeather, way to stick with it and finally get a good start on it.

Second, Zach, put some sort of bumper re-bar in there, even if its just some pipes.  If you hit anything, or even get an empty cardboard box tossed up at hiway speeds your I/C is toast.  You can buy aluminum bumper rebars that are made to fit nicely and bolt up to the stock car in the stock locations. They are small and very light.

3rd, that ABS g load sensor can be bolted down to those two holes just up and back of where its sitting, dead center.  It needs to be held steady to work well, and ABS is a good thing to have.

As for dash, I don't think I would be taking out the dash, thats alot of work plus alot of custom shit so that you can have a working heater and defrost, and gauges, dash, lights, ECU etc.  And even on a track car, a heater and defrost are a good idea.  I know you don't NEED them, but some evenings, when it cools down, you get a steamed up windshield.  Roof and windows must be closed to run. And if you plan on doing any rally, autox or road course/hill climb events, you will want a working heater and defrost.

As for the weight reduction, I would estimate that at 200 lbs.  I took all of my rear(behind the front seats there is NOTHING) interior out and I gained 163 lbs.  I weighed each category of parts(bag of screws, bag of brackets, seats etc)  The seat back setup is very heavy and the rest all adds up quick.  Now, 100 lbs is 1/10th in the 1/4 for free. So 2 hunny is helpful to say the least.  And its the gift that keeps on giving.  No matter how much power you make, your car will be faster with less weight.  It also helps with cornering and braking, fuel economy and, well, top speed too if you were power limited.  That said, unless your car is a track/weekend toy, keep it nice inside.

Of course this ONLY is good for a weekend toy/track car.  It sucks hairy goat balls as a commuter.  LOUD as HELL!!
91 Eagle Talon TSi 5spd awd.  GT-12, TriFlow Cams, 850s, Tial, JIC, Jackal, sticky rubber.
86 Merkur XR4Ti 5spd, rwd, turbo, 91,381km.  Original paint, heated leather. intercooled, big VAM, Full 3" exhaust, Cossie sway bar, 16" tires.
06 Mazdaspeed6 6spd awd, DISI turbo, heated leather HIDs, Corksport, Cobb, Konig, Centric...
2018 VW Golf Alltrack turbo Tornado Red, 6mt, some free mods

Offline Zach Holt

« Reply #7 on: April 15, 2008, 06:04:22 pm »
just a question.... why the heck would u gut your interior like that? ya i know wieght reduction blah blah, but still like doesnt it feel kinda gay without any interior

weight reduction... not so much I liek it its simple its plain there are no calls for hey man can you give me a ride. I can play with my wiring and all that. its just nice :) I like it better then my wicked condishion interior.

^ i agree, weight reduction is great, when you are talking about a drag queen. Unless you are just refurbishing your interior. The 100lbs of weight loss you get may increase performance slightly but you could gain that performance with engine modifications rather than gut your whole car out. Other than that though, this thing is awesome. That front mount looks like it will eat any car in its path.

I hear the Engine mods Thing alot. Kinda tired of of hearing it :) not that you saying it is a bad thing. I know mods under the hood ect ect, there are many under mine. ;) And honestly like the feel of it, no no wait. I love the way it feels in there! :) its no sound but the engine. NO music, NO firends, just car :)

if you wanted weight reduction you would be scoping out a CF dash not that big heavy dash, Where the cf doors and trunk?

the dash is fine its nice, works well, I like it. the hatch is on and im still waiting for some manual window mechs.

Ok, first off, starting to come togeather, way to stick with it and finally get a good start on it.

Second, Zach, put some sort of bumper re-bar in there, even if its just some pipes.  If you hit anything, or even get an empty cardboard box tossed up at hiway speeds your I/C is toast.  You can buy aluminum bumper rebars that are made to fit nicely and bolt up to the stock car in the stock locations. They are small and very light.

3rd, that ABS g load sensor can be bolted down to those two holes just up and back of where its sitting, dead center.  It needs to be held steady to work well, and ABS is a good thing to have.

As for dash, I don't think I would be taking out the dash, thats alot of work plus alot of custom shit so that you can have a working heater and defrost, and gauges, dash, lights, ECU etc.  And even on a track car, a heater and defrost are a good idea.  I know you don't NEED them, but some evenings, when it cools down, you get a steamed up windshield.  Roof and windows must be closed to run. And if you plan on doing any rally, autox or road course/hill climb events, you will want a working heater and defrost.

As for the weight reduction, I would estimate that at 200 lbs.  I took all of my rear(behind the front seats there is NOTHING) interior out and I gained 163 lbs.  I weighed each category of parts(bag of screws, bag of brackets, seats etc)  The seat back setup is very heavy and the rest all adds up quick.  Now, 100 lbs is 1/10th in the 1/4 for free. So 2 hunny is helpful to say the least.  And its the gift that keeps on giving.  No matter how much power you make, your car will be faster with less weight.  It also helps with cornering and braking, fuel economy and, well, top speed too if you were power limited.  That said, unless your car is a track/weekend toy, keep it nice inside.

Of course this ONLY is good for a weekend toy/track car.  It sucks hairy goat balls as a commuter.  LOUD as HELL!!
1 Thank you

2 ill think about it, I thought of a X style cross over it just in cace.

3 The dash is good :)

4 yes yes it is.

5 its nice, I like, it and a commuter it shall be untill its just not passable :)

cool to see peoples thoughts. Thanks
Then google.
Then ask.

Offline Drew Sale

« Reply #8 on: April 15, 2008, 08:13:45 pm »
dude if you like your car the way it is, who cares what other people think. don't let anyone tell you that your opinion is wrong. i hear you on the "i can play with the wiring" deal. i like it when i know exactly whats happening with my car and there's no mysteries when something goes wrong.

if you like it then it's perfect. if others don't like it, then it's a good thing their not the one driving it.
Cheers
~Drew
I dont care what anyone says about my car. It only had 1 error code.

jasonphan

« Reply #9 on: April 15, 2008, 08:31:13 pm »
Looks good zach,keep it up :)

Offline Igor Kozlov

« Reply #10 on: April 16, 2008, 12:38:31 am »
way to get rid of the junk in your car, man :)

i love your front bumper!!
97 Eagle Talon TSi AWD 5spd. Peacefully hibernating...

Offline Cole MacDonald

• Cardomain
« Reply #11 on: April 16, 2008, 01:49:49 pm »
On one hand it sucks to see a nice condition, low mile car gutted, but on the other hand it sure is nice to have go cart. I will probably be stripping some of my interior once I get my motor back together but not to that extreme. You going to put a roll cage in that thing? Anyway, good work and you should send me your latest EMS maps. I'm still trying to figure out some stuff on mine and it would be good to see what you have done. Later

Cole
1990 FWD Laser 240 FWHP
1993 AWD Laser, 2.4L GT35r powered 562 AWHP
2014 Ram 3500 6.7L Cummins
2012 Skidoo Summit X 800 E Tec 164HP

Offline Drew Sale

« Reply #12 on: April 16, 2008, 03:16:41 pm »
Zach how much you think everything you've taken out weighs?
I dont care what anyone says about my car. It only had 1 error code.

Offline Zach Holt

« Reply #13 on: April 16, 2008, 05:28:23 pm »
On one hand it sucks to see a nice condition, low mile car gutted, but on the other hand it sure is nice to have go cart. I will probably be stripping some of my interior once I get my motor back together but not to that extreme. You going to put a roll cage in that thing? Anyway, good work and you should send me your latest EMS maps. I'm still trying to figure out some stuff on mine and it would be good to see what you have done. Later

Cole
Im only running the bace map at 11 psi "not at stock 9psi" so it idles rich, but it pulls close to clean im thinking.

The cage will come soon after I get my doors in I would want one becouse there would be no inpact strip on the side of the car or the front....  :-\ becouse of that I need a costom 10 or 12 point that mees the strip standerd to feel comfortable. I wanted more then an 8 point so I sold it.

Zach how much you think everything you've taken out weighs?

about the same :P Ill weight it as mission after my doors are in. But im thinking so far iv cut 300. So a guestamet would be 3400-3450 with fuel and driver.
Then google.
Then ask.

Offline John Hartman

« Reply #14 on: April 16, 2008, 06:01:23 pm »
if you took out 300, it will be well less than that.  Mine weighs 3060 with driver and 1/4 tank.  I have my front bumper rebar, a steel hood and full interior from the seats forward.  As well, full metal body and glass.

I do have a light battery and a light flywheel tho.
91 Eagle Talon TSi 5spd awd.  GT-12, TriFlow Cams, 850s, Tial, JIC, Jackal, sticky rubber.
86 Merkur XR4Ti 5spd, rwd, turbo, 91,381km.  Original paint, heated leather. intercooled, big VAM, Full 3" exhaust, Cossie sway bar, 16" tires.
06 Mazdaspeed6 6spd awd, DISI turbo, heated leather HIDs, Corksport, Cobb, Konig, Centric...
2018 VW Golf Alltrack turbo Tornado Red, 6mt, some free mods