Author Topic: 97 Talon  (Read 1242 times)

Offline Tie Mykytiw

• The Saints are Coming
97 Talon
« on: April 08, 2008, 03:57:28 pm »
Hi from Alberta, figured I was your close enough to become a member.
Here are a few shots of my Talon.  Maybe one day I'll make it out there!

Offline Jared Grant

Re: 97 Talon
« Reply #1 on: April 08, 2008, 04:11:43 pm »
really? a bra? lol, nice car man
90 tsi awd. ssqv, tubular header, no cat.

Offline Osme Velic

« Reply #2 on: April 08, 2008, 05:23:14 pm »
I dunno what I dont like more the bra or the wheels. But then again I dont know what I like more...Seriously they both look so strangly...good....lol...Nice car...
04 Suzuki SV650 :)
04 Ninja 250 stolen/stripped :(
05 BMW 325i :)
96 Talon AWD TSi SADLY sold :(
97 Cavalier sold :(
86 Civic sold :)
89 Accord CRUSHED :(

Licensed Automotive refinish Technican. PM if you are in need

Offline John Hartman

« Reply #3 on: April 08, 2008, 05:57:57 pm »
I actually really like your car, very nice!!

Now, I understand the total rock chip thing, I lived in Alberta for 8 years, so I understand the 'bra.  That said, take it off whenever you are not going to be on the hiway or on (ahrggg) gravel roads.  If you have the bra very clean and the car clean and waxed when you put it on and then take it off as soon as you can, the paint will last the longest.

If you leave it on, the slight movement of the top edge of the bra will combine with the dust in the air and wear the paint right down to the metal, and in some cases right into the metal over time.

Now, your choice on NFL teams, well....
91 Eagle Talon TSi 5spd awd.  GT-12, TriFlow Cams, 850s, Tial, JIC, Jackal, sticky rubber.
86 Merkur XR4Ti 5spd, rwd, turbo, 91,381km.  Original paint, heated leather. intercooled, big VAM, Full 3" exhaust, Cossie sway bar, 16" tires.
06 Mazdaspeed6 6spd awd, DISI turbo, heated leather HIDs, Corksport, Cobb, Konig, Centric...
2018 VW Golf Alltrack turbo Tornado Red, 6mt, some free mods

Offline Graeme H Burvill

« Reply #4 on: April 08, 2008, 06:35:13 pm »
Whats that effect on your camera called when you have the background blurred like that?
Talon TSI-Champagne...She must live again...

Offline Tie Mykytiw

• The Saints are Coming
« Reply #5 on: April 08, 2008, 08:16:57 pm »
the blur is a photoshop deal. 
And the bra is more of a logo cover than a paint protector!

I must be really old school cause I like the support my bra offers!

Offline Zach Holt

« Reply #6 on: April 08, 2008, 10:57:53 pm »
ahahh hey a nother alberta boy on the forum, but im in vancouver now.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mitsubishi
Then google.
Then read old postings about it.
Then ask.

Offline Ritchie Hui

« Reply #7 on: April 12, 2008, 08:44:30 am »
sexy whats been done?
Jackstand Racing now promoted to Garage Queen

Jamie Oswald

« Reply #8 on: April 14, 2008, 09:20:20 am »
Whats that effect on your camera called when you have the background blurred like that?

uhh i believe thats called ...yeah thats right PHOTOSHOP! LOL. Nice ride, maybe ill see you around when i hit the bow river up for some fishing in the summer :):)

Offline Graeme H Burvill

« Reply #9 on: April 14, 2008, 09:54:13 am »
uhh i believe thats called ...yeah thats right PHOTOSHOP! LOL.

If the subject is moving,  you must move the camera to follow the subject. Consider using fast film or setting your digital SLR on a fast ISO setting. Keep your body and the camera as steady as possible, track the subject through the viewfinder and ensure your camera is focusing properly on the subject, and take the photo. This technique uses the blurred background to highlight the motion of the subject, whereas background blurred solely through a shallow depth of field is used to make the subject stand out from its surroundings

Alternatively you can use Photoshop, select the background and use the Blur filter. However, this Photoshop technique does not create true depth as it blurs everything in the background uniformly rather than independently based on distance from the lens. An image blurred "in camera" collects visual information from a scene that a PhotoShop blurred image can never obtain because the data is not there in a Photoshop file, thereby making the "in camera" image a much truer and organic image/record.

- See photoshop is the cheap crappy way to do this. If you use the above method you can create photo's that are the same quality as the photos in sport compact car or whatever, looks like the car is flying down the highway but it is really the background effect.

Jamie Oswald

« Reply #10 on: April 14, 2008, 10:46:04 am »
uhh i believe thats called ...yeah thats right PHOTOSHOP! LOL.

If the subject is moving,  you must move the camera to follow the subject. Consider using fast film or setting your digital SLR on a fast ISO setting. Keep your body and the camera as steady as possible, track the subject through the viewfinder and ensure your camera is focusing properly on the subject, and take the photo. This technique uses the blurred background to highlight the motion of the subject, whereas background blurred solely through a shallow depth of field is used to make the subject stand out from its surroundings

Alternatively you can use Photoshop, select the background and use the Blur filter. However, this Photoshop technique does not create true depth as it blurs everything in the background uniformly rather than independently based on distance from the lens. An image blurred "in camera" collects visual information from a scene that a PhotoShop blurred image can never obtain because the data is not there in a Photoshop file, thereby making the "in camera" image a much truer and organic image/record.

- See photoshop is the cheap crappy way to do this. If you use the above method you can create photo's that are the same quality as the photos in sport compact car or whatever, looks like the car is flying down the highway but it is really the background effect.

Yeahh Graeme thata boy.Thats how its done. Im still trying to master it on my camara with the million plus settings i have. It looks 100000 times better doing it with the slr then it does with the blurr tool in photoshop. My self id never use photoshop to blurr a picture. As you can see No offence it makes the picture look like crap. Ill master it soon as i have only ever tryed it at night.

Offline Graeme H Burvill

« Reply #11 on: April 14, 2008, 11:41:20 am »
^ It makes for sic motion shots of your car!

Offline Tie Mykytiw

• The Saints are Coming
« Reply #12 on: April 14, 2008, 12:44:05 pm »
first my bra, then the wheels and now im getting it for my photoshop skills,
tuff crowd out there!!  :P

Jamie Oswald

« Reply #13 on: April 14, 2008, 01:56:05 pm »
hahaha what can i say this is bc dsm everyone gets everyone for everything.

Offline Graeme H Burvill

« Reply #14 on: April 14, 2008, 04:20:02 pm »
Hahaha, we're just playing man, welcome to BCDSM....where your flaws are always pointed out ...;)
No don't worry we'll be nice :)
Also my camera can't handle the high res blur shots...as far as i know, so I would use photoshop too heh. Plus your ride is visually nice and it runs too, so you're up on like half the members. :P