Author Topic: Wanted to put one of these in my sig, but didn't want to make everyone cry.  (Read 1448 times)

Offline Joliesa Lepp

• 1993 tsi awd - big 16g, fmic, meth... head.
Outta the game!

Jamie Oswald

uhhhh....HOLY SHIT

Offline Drew Sale

i think there's something wrong with your car, you should get it looked at
I dont care what anyone says about my car. It only had 1 error code.

Offline Jared Grant

shitty bud, u must have been running some serious boost?
90 tsi awd. ssqv, tubular header, no cat.

Offline Derek Fung

• STOP ASKING ME IF ITS TURBO!! YOU CAN HEAR IT!!!!
PEEK A BOO! I SEE YOU THROUGH THE ENGINE! haha
2.3l fully built stroker. gt35r powered
12.126 @ 121.03

Offline Zach Holt

DuctTape it, it will be fine ;)
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mitsubishi
Then google.
Then read old postings about it.
Then ask.

Offline Joliesa Lepp

DuctTape it, it will be fine ;)

Hah, if only it was that easy! No worries though, all dealt with now (thanks to Mitch Delmer for the new block). Caused by an off-balanced crankshaft and a bad wrist pin.  so... watch out for that hey?
Outta the game!

Offline Matt Demick

hahah join the club :D. This was actually my buddies prelude. told him to take the CAI off for winter lol i had to build and install a new motor. of well i made $$ lol
0' Eagle Talon TSI AWD, JDM 4G63 6/4 Bolt,DSM LINK, X-treme FMIC, 16G/20G Hybrid, Tial BOV, MBC @22psi, 255 Walbro, GM Maf, 680 injectors, WEB 264 Cams, SS Header, 2.5" TurboBack with O2 Elliminator, Tail 38mm External Waste Gate, Fidanza flywheel, ACT 2600 race clutch, and Fidanza Race Shifter

Offline John Hartman

meh, some Lucas oil treatment and some JB weld and it should make another 100,000.  :)
91 Eagle Talon TSi 5spd awd.  GT-12, TriFlow Cams, 850s, Tial, JIC, Jackal, sticky rubber.
86 Merkur XR4Ti 5spd, rwd, turbo, 91,381km.  Original paint, heated leather. intercooled, big VAM, Full 3" exhaust, Cossie sway bar, 16" tires.
06 Mazdaspeed6 6spd awd, DISI turbo, heated leather HIDs, Corksport, Cobb, Konig, Centric...
2018 VW Golf Alltrack turbo Tornado Red, 6mt, some free mods

Offline Mike Schmid

meh, some Lucas oil treatment and some JB weld and it should make another 100,000.  :)

LoL, the day some snake oil fixes a tossed rod is the day I throw my tools away. 
DSMs - fun when they run

'92 TSi AWD AT - 180bhp
'93 TSi AWD - 195bhp
'90 Laser RS NT - *sold*
'71 Camaro - *sold*

Offline John Hartman

Re: Wanted to put one of these in my sig, but didn't want to make everyone cry.
« Reply #10 on: February 11, 2008, 09:49:32 pm »
by the hype, you'd think that day was just last week  ;)

I had a boss not too long ago who would put Lucas in auto trannies that needed hard parts in hopes that they would work...
91 Eagle Talon TSi 5spd awd.  GT-12, TriFlow Cams, 850s, Tial, JIC, Jackal, sticky rubber.
86 Merkur XR4Ti 5spd, rwd, turbo, 91,381km.  Original paint, heated leather. intercooled, big VAM, Full 3" exhaust, Cossie sway bar, 16" tires.
06 Mazdaspeed6 6spd awd, DISI turbo, heated leather HIDs, Corksport, Cobb, Konig, Centric...
2018 VW Golf Alltrack turbo Tornado Red, 6mt, some free mods

Offline Josh Letkeman

• WANNA GO FASTER!!!
« Reply #11 on: February 11, 2008, 11:29:31 pm »
WOW, how u do that?  And what did it sound like when you did?  Oh and one more thing how does that make u feel?

Josh
1991 Talon AWD TSI- HKS intake, upper front strut bar,  16G turbo, upgraded fuel pump (i think), UICP (HKS), and Koni yellow adjustable skocks.- Silvery gold...ish.  (totaled dead :()

Offline Matt Fredrikson

• Who needs a Turbo?
    • http://www.intencity.cc
« Reply #12 on: February 12, 2008, 12:41:24 pm »
hey jb does work my buddy bough an b16 engine off a guy from a crashed civic and the valve cover had a hole the size of a playing card in it where the hood smashed it, engine ran fine just needed a valve cover. So since we are cheap and do stupid shit like this with got some cheese cloth streced it over the inside of the opening and taped it on and filled the top with like 4 tubes of JB weld ( buddy works at lordco and we got it all for $20 ) little bit of sanding and paint and it worked good till he found a new one lol
Team Martuned

02 Porsche Boxster S

Sold - 96 TSi AWD - GT30-11, AEM EMS, 860cc, W/I, all Custom SS pipes, ACT XD, Shep Stage 3

Offline Joliesa Lepp

« Reply #13 on: February 12, 2008, 05:41:06 pm »
WOW, how u do that?  And what did it sound like when you did?  Oh and one more thing how does that make u feel?

Josh

Driving down a straigh stretch (going maybe 80 k), sounds like "bang! clunk-c-clunk-c-clunk-c-clunk....BANG! BANG!" (Second bang was when it went through the oil pan and transfer case) and a whole LOT of smoke. Guy in a nearby house came out with a fire extinguisher. Apparently he thought I was burning.

Oh, and I cried.
Outta the game!