Author Topic: alpine subs difference  (Read 3058 times)

Offline Drew Sale

Re: alpine subs difference
« Reply #15 on: January 29, 2008, 11:49:24 am »
Has anyone heard the difference between the new Type-R's, and old Type-R's?

i have both and i can say without a doubt that the new ones are much tighter and way cleaner. if anyone wants to hear the diff i'd be more than willing to hook up the old ones and show ya
I dont care what anyone says about my car. It only had 1 error code.

Offline Mike Hewitt

« Reply #16 on: January 29, 2008, 12:15:00 pm »
hmm, interesting! I was looking into getting the new type-R's but was scared away as I thought they 'downgraded' in a way. Wish I could be in Van to buy the old type-r's off ya! :P
~CrAzY~
If it won't go, bore it.
If it still won't go, stroke it.
If it still won't go, chrome it...

Offline Drew Sale

« Reply #17 on: January 29, 2008, 12:18:25 pm »
PG huh? i could mail it to you ya and just make it C.O.D.

Offline Ritchie Hui

« Reply #18 on: February 03, 2008, 09:58:56 am »
ya it'll definitly be a ported box. after hearing just one Type R in a ported box then hearing the 2 Type R's in the sealed box there's no comparison. i just need to find someone who knows how to work with fiberglass. i'd like to do most of the work myself but i just need someone who know's how it all works to show me how to do it

what do you plan to fiberglass, you do realize the size of box you will need for two ported type rs? you're gonna need a box with at least 4-6 cubic feet, i don't think our trunks have enough room.

heres a great website for car audio, http://www.realmofexcursion.com

This is my box for a single type r, it fits perfectly in my trunk (fwd)

I believe FWD have more trunk space... ours dips down a good 3" while AWDs aren't as deep.
Jackstand Racing now promoted to Garage Queen

Offline Drew Sale

« Reply #19 on: February 03, 2008, 11:01:19 am »
Ivan, you think i could make that exact same box but make another one attached to the other side and make it a dual 12" box?

Offline Drew Sale

« Reply #20 on: February 03, 2008, 11:04:30 am »
or would it work if i made it a little wider but kept the one port and maybe made the port a little longer/wider?

Offline Mike Hewitt

« Reply #21 on: February 03, 2008, 12:04:38 pm »
Sorry about the delayed response. But I think COD would be killer when it got here :P
~CrAzY~
If it won't go, bore it.
If it still won't go, stroke it.
If it still won't go, chrome it...

Offline Ryan Coft

• Administrator
  • Retired!
« Reply #22 on: February 03, 2008, 02:22:37 pm »
There's a lot of wasted space there i'm thinking. I built a box for my 1GAWD that housed 2 12" Rockford HX2's. It was a sealed box with 18 pieces, i'll see if i can dig a picture up of it somewhere. It was a tight fight but it fit barely. Yes it had the right amount of airspace, right on the minimal side of the spec though.

Offline Ivan Josipovic

« Reply #23 on: February 03, 2008, 02:40:57 pm »
Ivan, you think i could make that exact same box but make another one attached to the other side and make it a dual 12" box?

no you cant, subwoofers need a certain amount of cubic volume to sound good, for type rs, the recommended volume is 2-3 cubic feet _PER_ sub and a tuning frequency 30-35hz

There's a lot of wasted space there i'm thinking. I built a box for my 1GAWD that housed 2 12" Rockford HX2's. It was a sealed box with 18 pieces, i'll see if i can dig a picture up of it somewhere. It was a tight fight but it fit barely. Yes it had the right amount of airspace, right on the minimal side of the spec though.
were talking about ported boxes since they sounds better :p
« Last Edit: February 03, 2008, 02:47:33 pm by Ivan Josipovic »
DSMLess

Jamie Oswald

« Reply #24 on: February 03, 2008, 03:11:59 pm »
That box would only be good for 1,  Drew you need to tune your system man. Ive got my amp tuneing mine and then i also use my deck. 
LPF is at 80 hz
and my HPF is off
Thats why when i take my subs out i get absolutly no bass from the speakers.

Tune your system you what a nice bass get down into the lower freq. You can make them subs pound sooo hard but right now the way you have them set up its shit. Attack the gain get em pumping and then when you want your system not to pump attack the subs thru the deck.

Offline Drew Sale

« Reply #25 on: February 03, 2008, 04:51:00 pm »
i dunno why your talking about tuning, i have no box to put these subs in yet. i need to find a decent box to build before i go and tune it. but thanks for calling my system shit as it is, that really helps.

so if anyone knows dimensions that i can follow that'd be MUCH more helpful.

Offline Ivan Josipovic

« Reply #26 on: February 03, 2008, 05:33:10 pm »
measure your trunk, look up the info needed for your sub, search here http://realmofexcursion.com/forum.html

then enter the info here http://www.subwoofertools.com/forum/ported-box.asp
DSMLess

Jamie Oswald

« Reply #27 on: February 03, 2008, 08:43:14 pm »
you have them in that box there in now.. Stop asking for a dimension... Experiment build a box... Ive built a few in the past years. You want someting that pounts build it big and a nice slotted port who cares about the tuneing of the box its not like youll know the difference in volume. Just build it and if it sounds like shit sell it on revscene and build another. Its not hard man you just gotta take a shot of your trunk load it up on photoshop and have some fun.

Offline Drew Sale

« Reply #28 on: February 04, 2008, 01:05:53 am »
living off my student loan doesn't afford me money to just blow on materials to "try" and make something and if it doesn't work then just make another one. it's not like "oh i screwed this one up. guess i'll just go buy more materials with my next paycheck" cuz i won't be getting anymore paychecks till after i get a job in april. so this money has to last until then. which is why i'm persistent on getting it right the first time, or at least pretty damn close to it the first time.

Jamie Oswald

« Reply #29 on: February 04, 2008, 01:16:28 am »
then easy as it goes buddayy being a guy who worked in construction,carpentry and wood working since the day i picked up the skill saw. ( which was the age of 8)

Measure Twice   Cut Once
« Last Edit: February 04, 2008, 01:19:15 am by Jamie Oswald »