Author Topic: My best christmas present! (from myself lol)  (Read 558 times)

Offline Brett Haviland

• Administrator
My best christmas present! (from myself lol)
« on: December 28, 2007, 12:41:50 am »
NEW FMIC KIT for the colt!  $350 shipped, taxes, duties. :)

Im going to have to get 1 90* coupler still and two t-bolt clamps.  I also have to do someting with my stock 1G throttlebody elbow as the kit is made for a Evo 1-3 and they have a N/A style big throttle body inlet.  I should just be able to swap the part from a N/A talon/eclipse/laser and it should work.

I am very impressed with the kit.  It came complete and everything looked of good quality.  I should have it in with only minor fab work.

I pulled out the G/F's blow dryer to see how well it cooled the air down.  With no air flow blowing over it and having the blow dryer on for 60 seconds I could not get hot air out of the other side.  The one side was VERY hot to touch, like burned myself on the hot aluminum.  But the cold side never got warm at all!

« Last Edit: December 28, 2007, 12:46:42 am by Brett Haviland »
I like Colts.  Turbo Colts.

Offline Brett Haviland

• Administrator
Re: My best christmas present! (from myself lol)
« Reply #1 on: December 28, 2007, 03:04:12 pm »
Is my intercooler a bar and plate, or a tube and fin?  I imagine its tube and fin considering how cheap it was and how light it is.

Here is some close up pictures

Offline John Hartman

« Reply #2 on: December 29, 2007, 10:21:57 am »
it LOOKS like a tube and fin, but its pretty big so I wouldn't worry about it too badly.  They do have advantages in weight and pressure loss.

as for the n/a throttle body, you will have to put some shaft seals in, they don't have them.

91 Eagle Talon TSi 5spd awd.  GT-12, TriFlow Cams, 850s, Tial, JIC, Jackal, sticky rubber.
86 Merkur XR4Ti 5spd, rwd, turbo, 91,381km.  Original paint, heated leather. intercooled, big VAM, Full 3" exhaust, Cossie sway bar, 16" tires.
06 Mazdaspeed6 6spd awd, DISI turbo, heated leather HIDs, Corksport, Cobb, Konig, Centric...
2018 VW Golf Alltrack turbo Tornado Red, 6mt, some free mods

Offline Brett Haviland

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: December 29, 2007, 01:14:08 pm »
ahh... okay... well I think im going to cut the 1G elbow down, and get a lip welded to it.

seems like the easiest way to handle the situation

and people on dsmtalk seem to think the intercooler is a bar/plate, tube/fun hybrid sorta.  has the curved tubes like tube and fin... but the flush ends like a bar/plate.