Author Topic: BCDSM Drag Racing Tournament.  (Read 1787 times)

Offline Ivan Josipovic

BCDSM Drag Racing Tournament.
« on: December 12, 2007, 01:23:47 am »
So i was pondering the other day and i thought we should have some kind off tournament amongst ourselves next season.

Heres a couple ideas I had
10-20$ to enter, so we can buy prises for the top 3-5 guys.
Depending one how many people enter we should have 2-3 classes, ie bolt ons, all out, ect
Ron Korolak has to start in second because hes a bastard and hes sponsored hehe :p
Any cars with dsm engines can participate.

Discuss !!!!
DSMLess

Offline Ivan Josipovic

Re: BCDSM Drag Racing Tournament.
« Reply #1 on: December 12, 2007, 02:37:54 pm »
heh i wasn't aware of that, but i was joking.

yes i think we should have classes because its not going to be fair at all hehe.
I was thinking of three classes

Minor bolt ons - exhaust, raising the boost, ect

Major bolt ons - turbo, bigger injectors, some kind off fuel management

Fully built/All out - Fully built engines, N20, anything goes, ect
DSMLess

Offline Kristopher

« Reply #2 on: December 12, 2007, 06:50:49 pm »
Bracket racing would be easier.
Then maybe I can beat Ron.
Kristopher

Offline Mark Guthrie

« Reply #3 on: December 12, 2007, 07:43:35 pm »
bracket racing would be the best idea
silly honda's, street lamps are for seeing, not hugging!

1991 talon tsi awd (DB UICP,Greddy type S BOV,FMIC, Steel 3"intake, 3" exhaust, BB MBC, 14PSI)

Offline Josh Royle

• 6 Bolt Swap
« Reply #4 on: December 12, 2007, 07:57:30 pm »
Could be fun :)
1998 GST
Built 6 Bolt Swap/ 3" Turbo Back /Blitz BOV/Apexi SAFC/AutoMeter Cobalt Boost.Oil Prs. AF Gauge/MBC/Hard Intake pipe/Skunk 2/ HID 10K/ FMIC

Jamie Oswald

« Reply #5 on: December 13, 2007, 12:28:29 am »
Ereryone heads up first round, everyone arrives there who ever gets there first when the time comes will block off an area so we can park all the dsm's in one area. Then we will do our thing chatt and all that. Then when they call S/C well all go heads up 1st run see what your times are and all buddie up with people that are close to us in that time range. Not no well he did a 14 9 and im a 14 2... Know what i mean?  Sound good, thats my idea on this

Offline Andrew King

« Reply #6 on: December 13, 2007, 01:26:09 pm »
i agree with it all but i think that there should be a "stock one"
1992 Eagle Talon Tsi Awd- In progress

DSM, A car for the gods... Good thing i've got one!

Offline Matt Demick

« Reply #7 on: December 13, 2007, 04:57:35 pm »
So i was pondering the other day and i thought we should have some kind off tournament amongst ourselves next season.

Heres a couple ideas I had
10-20$ to enter, so we can buy prises for the top 3-5 guys.
Depending one how many people enter we should have 2-3 classes, ie bolt ons, all out, ect
Ron Korolak has to start in second because hes a bastard and hes sponsored hehe :p
Any cars with dsm engines can participate.

Discuss !!!!

Sounds good to me. i could use some cash and or prizes.
0' Eagle Talon TSI AWD, JDM 4G63 6/4 Bolt,DSM LINK, X-treme FMIC, 16G/20G Hybrid, Tial BOV, MBC @22psi, 255 Walbro, GM Maf, 680 injectors, WEB 264 Cams, SS Header, 2.5" TurboBack with O2 Elliminator, Tail 38mm External Waste Gate, Fidanza flywheel, ACT 2600 race clutch, and Fidanza Race Shifter

Offline Marke Bailey

• B.C.'s quickest DSM.
« Reply #8 on: December 13, 2007, 05:06:06 pm »
we tried this before but people could not agree to the classes. 1g, 2g, fwd, auto, just too many variables to the cars. and where do you draw the line for what classifies as a bolt on? i.e. is a race prepped cylinder head a bolt on? is a turbo?
The Sleepy Slushbox.

"She may not look like much, but she's got it where it counts, kid. I've made a lot of special modifications myself."

Offline Ivan Josipovic

« Reply #9 on: December 13, 2007, 05:27:33 pm »
we tried this before but people could not agree to the classes. 1g, 2g, fwd, auto, just too many variables to the cars. and where do you draw the line for what classifies as a bolt on? i.e. is a race prepped cylinder head a bolt on? is a turbo?

Well the classes are up to us to decide. 1g, 2g, fwd, auto,manual this shouldn't make a difference.

a race prepped head would definitely be between major bolt on/fully built

This is what i am thinking for classes

Minor bolt ons - exhaust, raising the boost, ect

Major bolt ons - turbo, bigger injectors, some kind off fuel management

Fully built/All out - Fully built engines, N20, anything goes, ect
DSMLess

Offline John Hartman

« Reply #10 on: December 13, 2007, 06:48:56 pm »
most of us know what we run, or fairly close anyways.  Those that don't and want to compete, well, go to the track before the tourney and find out.

Then we put people of similar et/trap/skill level togeather.  That would be the most fair and the most fun. Two guys with 12.20 cars but then it comes down to skill, nerve and who doesn't break.  Fun for all.
91 Eagle Talon TSi 5spd awd.  GT-12, TriFlow Cams, 850s, Tial, JIC, Jackal, sticky rubber.
86 Merkur XR4Ti 5spd, rwd, turbo, 91,381km.  Original paint, heated leather. intercooled, big VAM, Full 3" exhaust, Cossie sway bar, 16" tires.
06 Mazdaspeed6 6spd awd, DISI turbo, heated leather HIDs, Corksport, Cobb, Konig, Centric...
2018 VW Golf Alltrack turbo Tornado Red, 6mt, some free mods

Offline Ritchie Hui

« Reply #11 on: December 16, 2007, 12:37:07 pm »
I wouldnt mind doing this... finally track my car seriously :P

I'll get my ass kicked tho cause I think I am considered all out.. lol

All out 420a for the win!!!
Jackstand Racing now promoted to Garage Queen

Offline lyle chavez

« Reply #12 on: December 16, 2007, 04:35:08 pm »
lets do this...

Offline Mike Schmid

« Reply #13 on: December 17, 2007, 01:40:20 am »
Not to be a downer but I don't see it working.  The club is just too small. Too bad we don't have a similar club to grudge match, like a WRX/STi club, that'd be fun.  The other problem tho is to do it on a street legal night by the time everyone shows up you're looking at 3 runs each with the obligatory outlaw or beater blow up and clean up, pretty tough to run any kind of competition structure like that. 

The other alternative would be to go on a test and tune for more runs but that means $60 + race gas + travel gas + wear and tear + entry money for prizes etc which ends up getting pretty expensive for lots of folks. 

It would be good to pick a day on the schedule and decide to all try and show up then.  In that past we've seen good turnouts doing that and we can get someone doing video and pics.  No prizes or competition structure but it's still fun. 
DSMs - fun when they run

'92 TSi AWD AT - 180bhp
'93 TSi AWD - 195bhp
'90 Laser RS NT - *sold*
'71 Camaro - *sold*

Offline Craig Neels

« Reply #14 on: December 17, 2007, 04:12:45 am »
sweet idea...but there is a whole pile of AWD's in the club, and a couple in each "class" so it could work out to b a sweet competition
now get to the FWD's and well...theres me...who will hopefully have a good bunch of bolt-on mods done soon, and then theres a colt or 2 that is beafed to the nuts..how many other FWD's are there? like im probably the only FWD in my "class"
I personally think that FWD is a kind of a different class
my engine would be in the "major bolt on" class (bigger turbo, injectors, cams, fuel management) but i would probably only keep up with the higher "minor bolt-on" guys with the AWD
R.I.P
1995 eclipse gst
intake, 3" turbo back,GReddy type S...more to come