Author Topic: pics of the new toy  (Read 870 times)

Offline John Hartman

91 Eagle Talon TSi 5spd awd.  GT-12, TriFlow Cams, 850s, Tial, JIC, Jackal, sticky rubber.
86 Merkur XR4Ti 5spd, rwd, turbo, 91,381km.  Original paint, heated leather. intercooled, big VAM, Full 3" exhaust, Cossie sway bar, 16" tires.
06 Mazdaspeed6 6spd awd, DISI turbo, heated leather HIDs, Corksport, Cobb, Konig, Centric...
2018 VW Golf Alltrack turbo Tornado Red, 6mt, some free mods

Calvin Ng

pics of the new toy
« Reply #1 on: November 25, 2007, 07:13:54 pm »
holy sheet, where did you find that! i love those things and the Cosworth

nice find!

Offline Zach Holt

pics of the new toy
« Reply #2 on: November 25, 2007, 07:20:37 pm »
older with lower K then mine.... damn john nice find ;)
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mitsubishi
Then google.
Then read old postings about it.
Then ask.

Offline Graeme H Burvill

pics of the new toy
« Reply #3 on: November 25, 2007, 07:26:33 pm »
nice find John, I know a mechanic in squamish who has one as well. very cool cars!
Talon TSI-Champagne...She must live again...

Calvin Ng

pics of the new toy
« Reply #4 on: November 26, 2007, 12:38:01 am »
i thought u said it was an auto?

Offline Jeetinder Ghataurah

• http://www.cardomain.com/id/jeetinderg
pics of the new toy
« Reply #5 on: November 26, 2007, 11:41:51 am »
Great interior
color=green]Widebody 95 Talon AWD 5SPD - 6-bolt motor, Evo III 16G, Walbro 255, Centerforce Clutch, FMIC, Turbo RFL BOV, Black Leather & Green Suede Interior, 2 10" subs

The only difference between a genious and and insanity is success[/color]

Offline John Hartman

pics of the new toy
« Reply #6 on: November 26, 2007, 06:07:47 pm »
Cal, good god no!!

Its got everything BUT an auto  ;)

well that and there is one option it doesn't have, some sort of fuel/trip computer?  Thats the only thing missing tho.
91 Eagle Talon TSi 5spd awd.  GT-12, TriFlow Cams, 850s, Tial, JIC, Jackal, sticky rubber.
86 Merkur XR4Ti 5spd, rwd, turbo, 91,381km.  Original paint, heated leather. intercooled, big VAM, Full 3" exhaust, Cossie sway bar, 16" tires.
06 Mazdaspeed6 6spd awd, DISI turbo, heated leather HIDs, Corksport, Cobb, Konig, Centric...

Offline Kevin Standeven

pics of the new toy
« Reply #7 on: November 27, 2007, 08:37:58 pm »
You're all about the cult-cars! I might have to walk on over and check it out, I've always loved those cars. I'd say they even rank above Galant VR4's on the sleeper scale.

Keeping it stock, or is the 3" exhaust on its way?
97 Talon AWD

Currently under the knife...

Damian Bujas

pics of the new toy
« Reply #8 on: November 27, 2007, 08:57:12 pm »
this thing looks like brand new !!! they are cool cars, Sierra Cosworth FTW ,  be careful once modded they are as unreliable as the dsms

Offline John Hartman

pics of the new toy
« Reply #9 on: November 27, 2007, 09:13:20 pm »
Kevin, its going to be "super stock" per se.

It already has a ported intake pipe, ported and hogged out lower airbox, opened up air snorkel to the fender, colder plugs more timing and more boost.(Sundays work)

It will have full 2.5" exhaust, E6 exhaust manifold(much like a 2g manifold) and an intercooler.  I may get a Tbird/SVO VAM(much like a 2g maf) and ECU from one.  I will also rewire the fuel pump.  Thats SOO easy on these, run one heavy wire from the underhood relay to the battery.  Thats it.

They all come with Eproms, programmable on the fly.

Maintainace is much easier and simpler for the most part.

The only weak point, much like a DSM is the tranny.  Its a Borg Warner T9, but it is upgradable to any of the T5s in Mustangs etc.

Knock sensors are a pain in the ass in these as well, but on these cars, guys just disconnect em, and have been en masse for 10-15 years with no problems.

Its going to get some quality springs and shocks, as well as some bigger wheels and tires too

Its going to get poly suspension bushings and a good performance alignment.

its going to get a nice sound system, shifter knob and boot and some better headlights.

It MAY get a cam upgrade, manifold and turbo porting and possible head porting down the road.

If the turbo goes down the road, I will get a modern 50 trim with a T04E compressor housing, stock is a T04B, and its pretty old tech, but fairly big.

Damian, these cars actually seem to be pretty tough, from what I have read anyways, lots of guys doing lots of things with them.

They have 2 performance weaknesses, one being the 2 valve head, but they still seem to be able to make 400 hp fairly easily with bolt-ons.  The other weakness is that they have no cheap and easy way to put a limited slip in them, so traction is an issue.  Most guys don't do alot of drag racing with them, but autox and road course guys do very well with them.