Author Topic: ISLAND MEET - Mt. Washington (Lunch) - Saturday August 2nd  (Read 13600 times)

Offline Michael Cummings

ISLAND MEET - Mt. Washington (Lunch) - Saturday August 2nd
« Reply #15 on: July 07, 2003, 11:32:32 am »
Yea the tofino road is awesome to drive on its really narrow and windy....but i'm goin there in two weeks for 5 days with my gf so id rather not do that drive ...but the Mt.Washington drive sounds good to me, that would be a fun drive........where would we all meet up if we did that
1992 Talon Tsi (Sold - Owned from 02-09)
1990 Chev Astro (RIP)
1988 Yamaha FZR250 (RIP)
2008 Kawi Ninja250R (daily rider)
1998 Ford Explorer XLT (daily driver)

Offline Eric McIntyre

« Reply #16 on: July 07, 2003, 11:37:48 am »
well us boys in victoria would have the longest drive if we went all the way to mount washington, but it would be fun. we could stop at all the bigger places on the way and pick up more dsms. i wouldnt mind wastin a whole tank of gas for a meet!  and mount washington would be dope for pics!
1 laser rs....sold
the only way it was doin 12's in a quarter mile was being dropped off a 1320 foot  cliff
.....stupid university costing so much

Offline Michael Cummings

« Reply #17 on: July 07, 2003, 11:51:38 am »
yea its true.....pics would be sweet up there...just make sure theres no non dsmers in the background......hey eric why aren't you at work
1990 Chev Astro (RIP)
1988 Yamaha FZR250 (RIP)

Offline Eric McIntyre

« Reply #18 on: July 07, 2003, 04:17:16 pm »
good ol long ass lunch breaks.
1 hour means an hour and a half right?
 :)
1 laser rs....sold
the only way it was doin 12's in a quarter mile was being dropped off a 1320 foot  cliff

Offline Michael Cummings

« Reply #19 on: July 07, 2003, 06:42:13 pm »
oh yea that makes sense the time on these messages are all messed up...like it said you posted it at 9 sumtin...thats why i thought u shoulda been at work..k that makes sense then.

neways so what time are we thinkin bout doin this island meet
1990 Chev Astro (RIP)
1988 Yamaha FZR250 (RIP)

Offline Wade Carlson

« Reply #20 on: July 07, 2003, 06:54:12 pm »
well its gotta be on a weekend or i can't go plus mroe people will be around to see the train of dsms
Had a DSM...........sold it............ never been happier

Offline Dan Harshey

• http://www.geocities.com/dishesco/Dishes_Home.html
« Reply #21 on: July 07, 2003, 10:30:40 pm »
well i proabably live the closest to Mt. Washington live 40min to the top from where i live, and a weekend would probably work the best for everyone,  so really any weekend would be good for me,  so now i guess it's just pick a month July or August, then a weekend, then a date, sounds easy right ha ha yeah sure. So what weekend sounds good for everyone???
Thanks Dan
91 Talon Tsi AWD 312hp/294ft/lbs<br />93 Talon Tsi FWD SOLD!

Offline Eric McIntyre

« Reply #22 on: July 08, 2003, 12:09:41 am »
how about the first weekend of august..the 2nd which is a saturday....should give everyone plenty of time to get it off.....o plenty of time to make up excuses to call in sick..... :)
1 laser rs....sold

Offline Jeremy Clarke

• http://www.westcostdsm.ca
« Reply #23 on: July 08, 2003, 12:23:41 am »
Sounds OK to me. What R we going to do up there? eat at the restaurant or cart some little BBQ's with us and grill some burgers. Are we gonna bring wives and GF's or just keep it a guy thing? What else to do? (keep in mind I've never been there) I really don't mind how it works out, I'm just glad that a meet will happen. :D

Is there anybody the 2nd is bad for?

Offline Michael Cummings

« Reply #24 on: July 08, 2003, 10:28:54 am »
august 2nd sounds good to me.......its always fun to do the wife and gf thing...but then they're gunna be bored outta their skulls with all the car talk...unless they're all in to it.....so i dunno about that part....
bringin a bbq would be sweet.....nothing beats the taste of a bbq hamburger......but that means someone has to lug a bbq up
1990 Chev Astro (RIP)
1988 Yamaha FZR250 (RIP)

Offline Eric McIntyre

« Reply #25 on: July 08, 2003, 12:15:29 pm »
i could bring a little propane grill.... but it can only do like 6 burgers at a time......and i second that the girls will be bored, but my gf would probably flip if i didnt bring her........unless i tell her its guys only...haha.
the driving would definately be the best part......its a fun little stretch from here to the mountain......and we can stop and pic up more people along the way......hopefully we can get at least 15 people going. and mike it might be a pain in the ass for us both to have a saturday off so weel haveta talk to ken soon.....
1 laser rs....sold

Offline Andrew Steele

• http://www.bcdsm.org
« Reply #26 on: July 08, 2003, 12:55:03 pm »
This is still tentative - but I may be hitting Ucluelet again on the Aug long weekend ...

If so, I'll give one of you guys a call - see if I can meet up with the Island boys ;)

Cheers
1999.5 Audi A4 2.8L Quattro Tip
1994 Eagle Talon (SOLD)
1993 Eagle Talon TSi AWD (SOLD)

Offline Dan Harshey

• http://www.geocities.com/dishesco/Dishes_Home.html
« Reply #27 on: July 08, 2003, 04:06:05 pm »
i say if you want to bring the gf/wife go for it, I think it would just be easier to eat at the Pub at the top of the Mountain, called Fat Teddys very good food and not very expensive, and August 2nd sounds good to me.
91 Talon Tsi AWD 312hp/294ft/lbs<br />93 Talon Tsi FWD SOLD!

Offline Michael Cummings

« Reply #28 on: July 08, 2003, 04:25:56 pm »
yea eatin up there would prob be easier...cause i know i dont really want to be haulin up food and stuff in my car...if someone else wants to thats cool..but yea eatin up there would prob be cool
i think unless someone strongly dissagrees we should just set this for august 2nd..so then it gives everyone lots of time to get the time off of work if they have it and to get cars ready etc if need be
1990 Chev Astro (RIP)
1988 Yamaha FZR250 (RIP)

Offline Jeremy Clarke

• http://www.westcostdsm.ca
« Reply #29 on: July 09, 2003, 12:37:52 am »
So will this be a morning cruise, stopping in Nanaimo, Paksville, ?? to meet more members. Then off to Mt. Washington for lunch at the top? (late lunch, say around 1:00?) Then on full stomachs poke around the cars some more, chat and take pics, Then drive home maybe stopping again somewhere?

I don't mind if we pub or BBQ but if we did BBQ I was going to bring a couple of those cool little disposable aluminum charcoal burning BBQ's

Hey, if we can get at least 15 people we can get a group discount (chairlift ride + lunch = $13.39)

Sounds cool Andrew, hope you do come over here. I'd like to meet you. 8)