Author Topic: FVT route info  (Read 5582 times)

Offline Marke Bailey

• B.C.'s quickest DSM.
FVT route info
« Reply #15 on: May 12, 2007, 12:17:43 pm »
Quote from: "chris belgardt"
where in maple ridge are you meeting people and what time

maple ridge meet is at 207 st. and dewdey trunks rd. @ 9:30-10am
The Sleepy Slushbox.

"She may not look like much, but she's got it where it counts, kid. I've made a lot of special modifications myself."

Offline Marke Bailey

• B.C.'s quickest DSM.
FVT route info
« Reply #16 on: May 12, 2007, 03:59:28 pm »
route has been updated.
The Sleepy Slushbox.

"She may not look like much, but she's got it where it counts, kid. I've made a lot of special modifications myself."

Jamie Oswald

FVT route info
« Reply #17 on: May 16, 2007, 10:56:37 am »
so is this the big annual cruiz or is it some auto cross thing

Offline Artem Goloubov

• http://www.evoincanada.com/
FVT route info
« Reply #18 on: May 16, 2007, 11:30:01 am »
Quote from: "Jamie Oswald"
so is this the big annual cruiz or is it some auto cross thing

autox from burnaby to hope slide? nope it's an anual cruise event.

Jamie Oswald

FVT route info
« Reply #19 on: May 16, 2007, 01:26:28 pm »
oh nice im down than no i thought it was some cruiz to an auto x

Offline Nelson Inacio

FVT 2007
« Reply #20 on: May 27, 2007, 01:46:52 pm »
So I got to thinking about the tour after seeing the 240sx club having their meet on Burnaby mountain last night. With it being two weeks away I was wondering if everything is set to go?Also if any help is needed or if any thing is needed to be brought on the tour. Someone mentioned in an earlier thread about two-way radios for the lead and tail cars.

The weather chanel is calling for rain on the 10th.....but weathermen are usally wrong....i hope...
92 tsi awd
91 tsi fwd 523,000kms R.I.P.

Offline Marke Bailey

• B.C.'s quickest DSM.
FVT route info
« Reply #21 on: May 28, 2007, 07:53:35 am »
anyone that has 2 way radio's for the tour would be great. bring lunch money/gas money.
The Sleepy Slushbox.

Jamie Oswald

FVT route info
« Reply #22 on: May 28, 2007, 06:27:20 pm »
2 ways all the way and if you dont have em... well i guess youll be screwed then

Offline Ivan Josipovic

FVT route info
« Reply #23 on: May 28, 2007, 11:21:47 pm »
well if you dont have a 2way, you can just exchange cell numbers with a few people, in case you get lost or something
DSMLess

Offline Mike Schmid

FVT route info
« Reply #24 on: May 29, 2007, 08:49:29 am »
Don't stay home because you don't have a 2-way radio.  They help, and you miss out on some funny conversation without them but there's usually a couple extra to be loaned out and even if you don't have one we'll disperse the people who have been on the run before to keep the group together.  There'll be a lead car and a tail car and we stop or slow down everytime the group gets split up by traffic lights or something.

The point is you're NOT screwed if you don't have a radio, come on out anyways.  It's a good time and you get to put faces to the names and see some nice cars.  

PS: If you're unsure, the 2 way radios in question are handheld FRS style radios.  You can find them in most any electronics section (ie Future Shop, London Drugs, Best Buy).  Note that the cheapest ones have channel 1, 2, 3, etc, while the slightly more expensive ones have subchannels (ie, 1 sub 0, 1 sub 1, 1 sub 2) giving you far more options for finding a clean channel.  If you want to pick some up expect to pay about $100 for a pair of rechargable ones with subchannels.  

PPS: If I had to give a couple pointers to first-timers; Show up with a full tank of gas, it's just easier we don't have to wait around for 30 cars to fuel up when we stop.  Make sure you car is clean, most guys show up with spotlessly clean cars, you don't want to be the guy with the dirty car :)  Most importantly, don't drive like a douche.  There's far too many of us to be driving like a retard, passing dangerously, swerving around etc.  We don't need to draw that kind of attention from the law and we don't need to find out what happens when one member is showing off and driving like an idiot and wrecks a couple other member's cars.  You'll command far more respect by driving safely with the group than you will by showing off your L33t MaD cRaZy driving skillz.  Oh, and don't be afraid to say hi and introduce yourself.   :)
DSMs - fun when they run

'92 TSi AWD AT - 180bhp
'93 TSi AWD - 195bhp
'90 Laser RS NT - *sold*
'71 Camaro - *sold*

Offline Marke Bailey

• B.C.'s quickest DSM.
FVT route info
« Reply #25 on: May 29, 2007, 10:01:18 am »
thanks Mike.  This is an excellent point, we do not want police attention while we are on this cruise. Last year we only passed an accident and the cops that were standing around were calling us "street racers" as we drove by. If they go after one of us they are gonna look at all of us, and give all of us a hell of a hard time. no one wants an inspection notice. (trust me)

Drive safe and have fun.
The Sleepy Slushbox.

Offline Matthew Giene

FVT route info
« Reply #26 on: May 30, 2007, 09:54:29 pm »
Keep it on topic....

All BS threads removed.

PS.  A bunch of BS followed with a line about the FVT does not equal a good post....
Matthew Giene
2001 Infiniti QX4 (I'm a BALLER Baby)
1996 4Runner Limited (RIP)
1991 TSi AWD (US Model) (RIP)
1991 TSi AWD (RIP)
1990 ESi (Sold a long time ago)

Jamie Oswald

FVT route info
« Reply #27 on: May 31, 2007, 12:01:15 am »
hey its all good im done with all that. Im just stoked to go on this meet first timeer. Meet new ppl. Im going to bring my tools along just incase my charge pipe pops off my Intercooler again. youll know cus if it does ill be shootin black smoke out the back. KNOCK ON WOOD

Where is the Tri City ppl meetin up ? or do i have to drive out to slurrey or burnaby to meet ppl ?

oh n p.s sry bout all the bs im not like that. Im usally the funny guy that cracks up the group so its all good
Good pointers mike :)

Offline Aly Dhalla

FVT route info
« Reply #28 on: June 06, 2007, 04:36:57 pm »
just found out i have somewhere i need to be at 7pm

will we be back by then??
f it doenst kill you, it makes you stronger

Offline Zach Holt

FVT route info
« Reply #29 on: June 08, 2007, 10:38:59 pm »
Thank god its the tenth lol, I just got a $4500 box from snapon and some more tools..... and work asked me to work tomorow so I lucked out big time becouse not thinking, I said yes.  :shock:  I was like FUCK on my way home thinking it was sat not sun.

Ps the box its TIGHT! one of 3 in canada neon green 52"W29"D.

ahah anywho see your guys on the tenth!
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mitsubishi
Then google.
Then read old postings about it.
Then ask.