Author Topic: FVT 2007  (Read 6211 times)

Offline Carmen Hartman

FVT 2007
« Reply #45 on: March 29, 2007, 05:33:12 pm »
I have been kicking around the idea of helping organize the FVT, but I really don't know what is involved.   :?   I don't want to see this go the way of the dodo bird.  What needs to be done - besides deciding on a route and deciding where we will eat?

BTW The Wild Cat Grill is an awesome place to eat, but I think that if you book a large number of guests they automatically charge a tip fee.  Great food though.   Just something to consider.

Also - isn't it tradition to end at the Hope Slide?  Although Cultus Lake is nice too.  Fun roads up in Ryder Lake area.
91 Eagle Talon   Ported 16G
Koni Yellows   2.5" turbo back exhaust
L&R UICP   HKS aircan
OZ racing wheels  ....for now.......

Offline Mike Schmid

FVT 2007
« Reply #46 on: March 29, 2007, 10:23:13 pm »
I think basically we just need someone to take charge, herd everyone together pick stops and make sure we stick to some kind of schedule.  Then in the group driving we need a car in front and a car in back that know the route with radios to keep the pace and to make sure we don't get any stragglers that fall behind.
DSMs - fun when they run

'92 TSi AWD AT - 180bhp
'93 TSi AWD - 195bhp
'90 Laser RS NT - *sold*
'71 Camaro - *sold*

Offline Carmen Hartman

FVT 2007
« Reply #47 on: March 30, 2007, 07:21:46 am »
Okay Mike - you already said you would be a lead car.... so we have that.   :)

I don't know what the route looked like before John and I always met the group in Mission.  I couldn't get the previous maps page to open up.  Where did it start last year?

Maybe we could change the lunch spot and avoid the parking issue, but still end up at the Hope Slide.  If we went to the Wild Cat Grill, about how many people would we be talking about? 25 to 35?  And I guess someone would have to check about parking there too.  I could look into that.....

I guess we need a date too.  June or July?
91 Eagle Talon   Ported 16G
Koni Yellows   2.5" turbo back exhaust
L&R UICP   HKS aircan
OZ racing wheels  ....for now.......

Offline Mike Schmid

FVT 2007
« Reply #48 on: March 30, 2007, 08:39:59 am »
The only problem with going to a single place for lunch would be making reservations.  People say they're coming and don't show up, or show up with friends or don't sy they're coming then show up anyways.  Might be hard to make an accurate reservation.  

Previous years we met up in Coquitlam at the big mall there in the parking lot.  Last year it was the Home Depot parking lot beside highway 1 near the Port Mann Bridge.  I cruised all the way out last year and met up with everyone there.  I don't know if I will again or not, guess it depends on how poorly my car is running.  :P  

That parking lot made a good meet up place tho, there's a Timmys near by for anyone who needs a coffee on the way in and the lot was big and empty at that hour of the morning.
DSMs - fun when they run

'92 TSi AWD AT - 180bhp
'93 TSi AWD - 195bhp
'90 Laser RS NT - *sold*
'71 Camaro - *sold*

Offline John Hartman

FVT 2007
« Reply #49 on: March 30, 2007, 10:44:20 pm »
I'll help out if I can.

I have an idea and Carmen had an idea as well.  How about do all the regular back roads, behind Mission, out to Aggazis, then short hiway run to Anis Road, then up behind Rider Lake/Promontory for the up/down twisty bits.  Lots of fun roads.  Great stuff.

Then run back into Chiliwack, park in the Value Village parking lot.  Its HUGE.

once there you are withing walking distance of 10 or more restaraunts, from Rotten Ronnies, to posh sit down places and all kinds inbetween.

After that people can leave if they like or we can do whatever.  Gas stations close by.  Hiway access super easy.
91 Eagle Talon TSi 5spd awd.  GT-12, TriFlow Cams, 850s, Tial, JIC, Jackal, sticky rubber.
86 Merkur XR4Ti 5spd, rwd, turbo, 91,381km.  Original paint, heated leather. intercooled, big VAM, Full 3" exhaust, Cossie sway bar, 16" tires.
06 Mazdaspeed6 6spd awd, DISI turbo, heated leather HIDs, Corksport, Cobb, Konig, Centric...
2018 VW Golf Alltrack turbo Tornado Red, 6mt, some free mods

Offline Craig Neels

yea
« Reply #50 on: March 30, 2007, 11:34:03 pm »
john im likin the idea there..another good driving road would b behind promontory rite by chilliwack river(the road that leads to chilliwack lake(pretty sure its called "chilliwack lake road"))lol
i was just there today takin pics..wow ill make tho post with pics in the picture gallery tomorow
and the value village parking lot (good idea) mc D's, pizza,subway,rickeys, im pretty sure theres a white spot there too..
R.I.P
1995 eclipse gst
intake, 3" turbo back,GReddy type S...more to come

Offline Aly Dhalla

FVT 2007
« Reply #51 on: March 31, 2007, 09:07:24 pm »
this all sounds great! cant wait to join everyone, hopefully im in town then
f it doenst kill you, it makes you stronger

Offline Nelson Inacio

FVT 2007
« Reply #52 on: April 17, 2007, 02:19:03 pm »
has anyone volenteered to set this thing up? may is almost here and the weather will be smokin soon.
92 tsi awd
91 tsi fwd 523,000kms R.I.P.

Offline Ryan Singh

FVT 2007
« Reply #53 on: April 17, 2007, 03:05:35 pm »
I hope I am able to get my rims and kit on by the time this happens. :roll:
2001 Altezza RS200
1996 TSi AWD - In hibernation

Offline Dave Evans

FVT 2007
« Reply #54 on: April 19, 2007, 04:38:41 am »
Although I have not owned a Talon in quite a while, I still like to see what eveyone is up to.

The Fraser Valley Tour was an idea I came up with several years ago. I had observed what our neighbours to the south were doing (NWDSM) with the annual Mt. St. Helens Run. I imagined an oppurtunity for the B.C. group to do the same, only to have a gathering in B.C. One evening I plotted a course that would introduce many new members to the areas outside of the lower mainland. The first FVT only had about 6 cars. The second and third FVT'S attracted many more members from Washington state and many areas of the lower mainland and interior. If you know the history and have attended in the past, you will agree that this is one of the best times any car club in B.C. can have. Good times!

Is there anyone out there that can still keep this thing going? If not, I will not be dissapointed as I have plenty of video, pictures and memories that will last me for a very long time. It would just be a shame to see this particular route given up for some lame meet in White Rock at the Dairy Queen or something. :laugh: You guys decide. Maybe it is time to put this one to rest. Whatever you decide, have fun, be safe and be a good representative of BCDSM. I had a great time organizing and participating in the FVT.

Dave Evans
2007 Chevy Silverado 4x4
2007 Hyundai Elantra GLS