Author Topic: My skyline GTR  (Read 2483 times)

Offline Stewart Anderson

• http://www.cartune.ca
My skyline GTR
« on: October 27, 2006, 09:56:52 am »
Hey guys I havn't posted here for awhile since I sold my talon, but here is my new ride :

985 Toyota Supra x2 -  Both Sold
1992 Mustang 5.0L - Sold
1991 Eagle 2000 GTX AWD - RIP
1991 Talon TSI - Sold
1989 Jeep 4.0L wagoneer - 4x4 beater
1991 Skyline GTR - New hotness

Offline Matt Demick

My skyline GTR
« Reply #1 on: October 27, 2006, 12:02:22 pm »
nice clean ride. welcome to the nissan world. but i was smart and kept my dsm too ;)
0' Eagle Talon TSI AWD, JDM 4G63 6/4 Bolt,DSM LINK, X-treme FMIC, 16G/20G Hybrid, Tial BOV, MBC @22psi, 255 Walbro, GM Maf, 680 injectors, WEB 264 Cams, SS Header, 2.5" TurboBack with O2 Elliminator, Tail 38mm External Waste Gate, Fidanza flywheel, ACT 2600 race clutch, and Fidanza Race Shifter

Offline Graeme H Burvill

My skyline GTR
« Reply #2 on: October 27, 2006, 12:20:39 pm »
Yeaa stu finally you put some pics up. Man she looks sic. I cant wait to come home and hotbox it!
Talon TSI-Champagne...She must live again...

Offline Stewart Anderson

• http://www.cartune.ca
My skyline GTR
« Reply #3 on: October 27, 2006, 01:28:23 pm »
Quote from: "Matt Demick"
nice clean ride. welcome to the nissan world. but i was smart and kept my dsm too ;)

heh.. well apparently I made the smart decision to sell that dsm I had.. it blew up on the poor guy the day I sold it too him  :oops:
but I guess thats what happens when you know nothing about turbo cars, buy one, fill it with 87 octane and then redline it in neutral just to hear the BOV... whammy.

Quote from: "Graeme H Burvill"
Yeaa stu finally you put some pics up. Man she looks sic. I cant wait to come home and hotbox it!

yea man call me as soon as your home
 8)
985 Toyota Supra x2 -  Both Sold
1992 Mustang 5.0L - Sold
1991 Eagle 2000 GTX AWD - RIP
1991 Talon TSI - Sold
1989 Jeep 4.0L wagoneer - 4x4 beater
1991 Skyline GTR - New hotness

Offline Graeme H Burvill

My skyline GTR
« Reply #4 on: October 27, 2006, 02:06:03 pm »
yea, hows the track we built doing? I wanna ride that shit again lol. fat minicross.

Offline Jeetinder Ghataurah

• http://www.cardomain.com/id/jeetinderg
My skyline GTR
« Reply #5 on: October 27, 2006, 03:15:11 pm »
Those rims are pretty dope
color=green]Widebody 95 Talon AWD 5SPD - 6-bolt motor, Evo III 16G, Walbro 255, Centerforce Clutch, FMIC, Turbo RFL BOV, Black Leather & Green Suede Interior, 2 10" subs

The only difference between a genious and and insanity is success[/color]

Offline Jared Grant

My skyline GTR
« Reply #6 on: October 27, 2006, 04:11:27 pm »
heh.. well apparently I made the smart decision to sell that dsm I had.. it blew up on the poor guy the day I sold it too him  :oops:
but I guess thats what happens when you know nothing about turbo cars, buy one, fill it with 87 octane and then redline it in neutral just to hear the BOV... whammy.

:roflf:
90 tsi awd. ssqv, tubular header, no cat.

Offline Ritchie Hui

My skyline GTR
« Reply #7 on: October 27, 2006, 08:30:19 pm »
that car looks new!

where'd u get it? how much?
Jackstand Racing now promoted to Garage Queen

Offline Rob Armstrong

My skyline GTR
« Reply #8 on: October 28, 2006, 12:32:05 am »
http://www.j-specimports.ca/index.php?page=home.php

I have been looking here and here
http://forums.gtrcanada.com/index.php

not that I want one I was just looking :wink:

Offline Jon Rabeneck

My skyline GTR
« Reply #9 on: October 29, 2006, 05:07:42 pm »
Quote from: "Stewart Anderson"

i did not...plus i didnt realize "you were driving around on crutches..." something someone would mention to a buyer :x

well regardless i have put my new jdm engine in and new tranny/ stu i dont fucking know where the hell that piece tranny came from...i like the new features of it....cracks

its amost like you stuffed it in just to let it run for a shortwhile... but that couldnt be...  :?
[Dwight Schrute]:
I am fast. To give you a reference point, I'm somewhere between a snake and a mongoose. And a panther.

Offline Jared Grant

My skyline GTR
« Reply #10 on: October 29, 2006, 05:11:04 pm »
oh shit :shock:
90 tsi awd. ssqv, tubular header, no cat.

Offline Graeme H Burvill

My skyline GTR
« Reply #11 on: October 29, 2006, 08:31:54 pm »
I've been in that talon and it ran sweet, fast, sounded dank.

Offline Jon Rabeneck

My skyline GTR
« Reply #12 on: October 29, 2006, 09:53:06 pm »
Quote from: "Graeme H Burvill"
I've been in that talon and it ran sweet, fast, sounded dank.

before or after the couple years in the garage sitting?

pics of the sweet, fast, dank tranny...

(just one major crack of about 6 on it...)

[Dwight Schrute]:
I am fast. To give you a reference point, I'm somewhere between a snake and a mongoose. And a panther.

Offline Jovan Ceklaj

My skyline GTR
« Reply #13 on: October 29, 2006, 11:53:20 pm »
heh.. well apparently I made the smart decision to sell that dsm I had.. it blew up on the poor guy the day I sold it too him  :oops: but I guess thats what happens when you know nothing about turbo cars, buy one, fill it with 87 octane and then redline it in neutral just to hear the BOV... whammy.

Seeing as you know so much about turbo cars, you also know that knock is a function of load on the car and revving it in neutral puts almost no load on the engine (kinda like how you're more likely to see knock in 5th gear compared to 1st or 2nd).  

Quote from: "Jon Rabeneck"

i did not...plus i didnt realize "you were driving around on crutches..." something someone would mention to a buyer

Jon, was the car advertised as being in good condition or, failing that, was it disclosed that the condition of the car was unknown?  If you didn't ask or didn't check for yourself, then you really didn't do your research before you bought the car and you should learn from this lesson.  If you were lied to and the car was advertised as being in good shape, then that's a shady deal and I'd look to get my money back.  "Dank" seems like a good choice of words for that car though.
 1989 Nissan 240sx (daily POS/autocross slut)
- '92 6/4 bolt Tsi AWD 5 spd. (Burned to the ground!)

Offline Jon Rabeneck

My skyline GTR
« Reply #14 on: October 30, 2006, 12:11:19 am »
Quote from: "Jovan Ceklaj"
heh.. well apparently I made the smart decision to sell that dsm I had.. it blew up on the poor guy the day I sold it too him  :oops: but I guess thats what happens when you know nothing about turbo cars, buy one, fill it with 87 octane and then redline it in neutral just to hear the BOV... whammy.

Seeing as you know so much about turbo cars, you also know that knock is a function of load on the car and revving it in neutral puts almost no load on the engine (kinda like how you're more likely to see knock in 5th gear compared to 1st or 2nd).  

Quote from: "Jon Rabeneck"

i did not...plus i didnt realize "you were driving around on crutches..." something someone would mention to a buyer

Jon, was the car advertised as being in good condition or, failing that, was it disclosed that the condition of the car was unknown?  If you didn't ask or didn't check for yourself, then you really didn't do your research before you bought the car and you should learn from this lesson.  If you were lied to and the car was advertised as being in good shape, then that's a shady deal and I'd look to get my money back.  "Dank" seems like a good choice of words for that car though.

lesson learnt byfar. personally yeah, id notch this one up under 'shady deal' seeing stew's previous posts as to the condition of the car.... and not notifying me of it... i think he sensed my clear sploogarific excitement and went through with it....

this wasnt a thread jack at all....
[Dwight Schrute]: