Author Topic: My jackstand holder-downer  (Read 3269 times)

Offline Kevin Standeven

My jackstand holder-downer
« Reply #15 on: September 28, 2006, 12:34:48 pm »
Holy crap Mike, you weren't kidding about the nickle and diming...nothing was spared or looked over!

I can't wait to see this thing in action...
97 Talon AWD

Currently under the knife...

Offline Kevin Park

« Reply #16 on: October 01, 2006, 12:07:48 pm »
That is an impressive setup you have there. You could litteraly eat out of that engine bay it's so clean. What turbo are you using to boost that beast?

Offline Graeme H Burvill

« Reply #17 on: October 01, 2006, 01:34:09 pm »
*drool

Is it in heat? Can I mate my Talon with it?
lol
Talon TSI-Champagne...She must live again...

Offline John Hartman

« Reply #18 on: October 01, 2006, 10:35:10 pm »
very nice Mikey  :)  Hey at least I have the same cam gears  ;)

I second the turbo ?  Whatcha got?  and what for cams?
91 Eagle Talon TSi 5spd awd.  GT-12, TriFlow Cams, 850s, Tial, JIC, Jackal, sticky rubber.
86 Merkur XR4Ti 5spd, rwd, turbo, 91,381km.  Original paint, heated leather. intercooled, big VAM, Full 3" exhaust, Cossie sway bar, 16" tires.
06 Mazdaspeed6 6spd awd, DISI turbo, heated leather HIDs, Corksport, Cobb, Konig, Centric...
2018 VW Golf Alltrack turbo Tornado Red, 6mt, some free mods

Offline Mike Schmid

« Reply #19 on: October 02, 2006, 12:27:09 am »
Little and little.  GT30-10 and a set of genuine HKS 264s.  Low-mid range power and torque should be pretty impressive.  I think the cams and turbo will probably hold back the top end.  Might be good enough for high 13s anyways.
DSMs - fun when they run

'92 TSi AWD AT - 180bhp
'93 TSi AWD - 195bhp
'90 Laser RS NT - *sold*
'71 Camaro - *sold*

Offline Rob Armstrong

« Reply #20 on: October 02, 2006, 06:35:19 am »
Your gonna be hard pressed to get a 13 out of that crappy set-up  :wink:

Offline Mike Schmid

« Reply #21 on: October 05, 2006, 03:34:51 pm »
Today MTV's 'Pimp My Dash' showed up and remodelled my dashboard.  

I couldn't understand any of what they were saying except for "welcome to the information age! Yo!"
DSMs - fun when they run

'92 TSi AWD AT - 180bhp
'93 TSi AWD - 195bhp
'90 Laser RS NT - *sold*
'71 Camaro - *sold*

Offline Jeetinder Ghataurah

• http://www.cardomain.com/id/jeetinderg
« Reply #22 on: October 05, 2006, 07:10:18 pm »
It looks like an airplane cockpit, and by the looks of you're engine you're right about to take off :D

But I can't tell what all of the gauges are?
color=green]Widebody 95 Talon AWD 5SPD - 6-bolt motor, Evo III 16G, Walbro 255, Centerforce Clutch, FMIC, Turbo RFL BOV, Black Leather & Green Suede Interior, 2 10" subs

The only difference between a genious and and insanity is success[/color]

Offline Matt Park

« Reply #23 on: October 06, 2006, 01:07:49 am »
very nice Mike... verryy nice. I don't suppose you could tell me where you got all your hardware from could you? All those stainless hex bolts. While it's on stands, could please post some pics of how you routed your fuel return and supply under the car? Better yet, can I come out and see it in person? I love the way you've done everything and I have very similar plans. Not that I want to copy you or anything, but I love a clean engine bay, and nothing is cleaner than braided liones and stainless hardware. Would you mind if I came out and chatted with you about how and why you did this or that?
97 GS-T

Offline Mike Schmid

« Reply #24 on: October 06, 2006, 11:18:36 am »
Starting at the top left it's Wideband 02, Boost, Knock, EGT, Fuel Pre$$ure, Oil press, water temp, trans temp, volt.  It might be ghetto looking but it's also only temporary.  I just need to get this heap running.  

Matt, no, I can't tell you where I got it from.   :P   Al's Supply house in Chilliwack.  I ordered fifty and hundred counts of most of them.  Any hardware dealer, (not hardware store) like Acklands, or there's a place that does specifically metric in the city, should be able to get them.  

You just need the sizes.  Once I had the car apart and everything was organized into little trays I went thru and counted one night and kept a running tally, then rounded to the nearest 50 and ordered.  

As for the braided lines, what you see is what you get.  The rest are stock for now.  It doesn't really need anything bigger right now, when it does I'll look into a fuel cell and replacing all the lines.  There's big weight savings to be had with a fuel cell.
DSMs - fun when they run

'92 TSi AWD AT - 180bhp
'93 TSi AWD - 195bhp
'90 Laser RS NT - *sold*
'71 Camaro - *sold*

Offline Mike Schmid

« Reply #25 on: February 11, 2007, 12:43:05 am »
Does anybody have any idea where I put my swaybar endlinks?  I painted them up nice and lost them in my disaster area of a garage...  :roll:

On the bright side the wheels are ready to go on.  A tiny little bit of electrical work and then fill with fluids, reprime the oil pump, and I should be able to start troubleshooting why it won't start.  Unless I get lucky and it actually does start when I turn the key, haha.  

The time is near...  :twisted:  The culmination of over 2 years work on jackstands and it will soon run again.  Then I can start thinking about cleaning up the rear suspension, the interior, and the wiring.   :roll:

Stay tuned.  I will post pics when I'm ready to fire the ol' girl up.
DSMs - fun when they run

'92 TSi AWD AT - 180bhp
'93 TSi AWD - 195bhp
'90 Laser RS NT - *sold*
'71 Camaro - *sold*

Offline Kevin Park

« Reply #26 on: February 11, 2007, 02:32:01 am »
I love how you have already come to the assumption that you will have to troubleshoot a no-start issue.

Offline Jeetinder Ghataurah

• http://www.cardomain.com/id/jeetinderg
« Reply #27 on: February 11, 2007, 02:59:28 am »
Quote from: "Kevin Park"
I love how you have already come to the assumption that you will have to troubleshoot a no-start issue.

It's a DSM BE PREPARED FOR EVERYTHING hahahaha
color=green]Widebody 95 Talon AWD 5SPD - 6-bolt motor, Evo III 16G, Walbro 255, Centerforce Clutch, FMIC, Turbo RFL BOV, Black Leather & Green Suede Interior, 2 10" subs

The only difference between a genious and and insanity is success[/color]

Offline Scott Girvin

« Reply #28 on: February 11, 2007, 07:20:25 am »
Looks good Mike. Just thought I'd mention......just sold my -14. Not big enough for the new setup :twisted:

Offline Mike Schmid

« Reply #29 on: February 11, 2007, 10:21:46 am »
Haha, right on Scott, you're going to have a monster.  I'm forever playing catch-up.  I think the induction is too small on my car to be a real drag strip terror but it should be fun on the street.
DSMs - fun when they run

'92 TSi AWD AT - 180bhp
'93 TSi AWD - 195bhp
'90 Laser RS NT - *sold*
'71 Camaro - *sold*