Author Topic: what to do  (Read 503 times)

Offline John_fragoso

what to do
« on: July 10, 2006, 11:09:25 pm »
ive had hella troubles with my tranny and finally got fed up of all the mickey mouse shit.....when i got the car as a grad gift in last june,the night of grad the clutch exploded on my way home......so we took it to a guy in surrey and he charged us $1600 for a new tranny and labour.....about 3 months ago i was driving it up to harrison and was leaving and then i couldnt shift n e more.......well turns out that the guy in surrey put the same tranny that the clutch had exploded in back into the car just with a new clutch.....also there was a crack in the housing and they put a threaded rod in the slave cylinder,and they didnt put all the bolts back in to hold the tranny to the engine so it also seperated from the block........so in a last chance to get it running properly i took it to my buddies dad at budget brake and muffler.....they charged me $400 to drop the tranny and drill out the bolts that had broken and put it all back in...NOT BAD i thought......well turns out i was wrong.....way wrong....so last month im driving into vancouver for a party and my car slowly started to grind when i had the clutch in......i was devastated.......turned out this time budget brake and muffler put all the bolts back in but broke my block at the front mount of the tranny :oops: So in a last ditch effort to keep the car on my good side i took it to a tranny specialty shop called PDS transmissions on clearbrook in abbotsford.....they went over every single little thing with me and showed me exactly wat had happened and wut they were gunna do....luckily the block was not damaged and they were gunna build a bracket to hold it off a motor mount....they charged me $1800 taxes in and with a 1year parts and labour.........long story short this is a lesson to all those who think mickey mousing it will work....but it jus causes more frickin damage and more damn $$$$$$....if u have n e problems with ur tranny i suggest u take it there and they do an amazing job....im getting the car back tomorow cuz they are changing the slave cylinder and doin maintenance on the tranny...i cant waitto get her back

Offline Artem Goloubov

• http://www.evoincanada.com/
what to do
« Reply #1 on: July 11, 2006, 07:14:19 am »
how do you get charged $1600 for new tranny and still get the old one that's what I want to know. :?

Offline Trev_Scott

what to do
« Reply #2 on: July 11, 2006, 09:42:29 am »
Shatty deal. Shoulda asked us where to take it first.
- 04 Audi A4 1.8t - (Slightly modded)
- 95 Tsi - Ported sbr mani with tial38, evo3 turbo/O2, 650's, aro afpr,
wineboro 255, 10.5x28x3.5 XS-PWR fmic, Type-s, MBC,
Apexi N1 DP/Exhaust, Maf GenII  3.5" maf, Pocket logger,
Innovate LC1, Stage3 eprom,  poly mounts, act2600/flywheel
BS removed *RIP

Offline Nathan Tralenberg

what to do
« Reply #3 on: July 11, 2006, 11:52:31 am »
If I was you i would go back to taht guy that charged you 1600 for your tranny, and knock his ass out.  Thats just me though!
991 plymouth laser(sold)
1995 eagle talon tsi - Kinetic FMIC, Garrett 50 trim, 660, AFC2, evo manifold, 3" turbo back,greddy type-s BOV, KL water injection

Offline John_fragoso

what to do
« Reply #4 on: July 11, 2006, 01:29:35 pm »
yeah see the only problem with the guy that said he put a new one in and turned out it wasnt was that he left the country and closed his shop down :(  :?

Offline Kevin Standeven

what to do
« Reply #5 on: July 11, 2006, 05:29:00 pm »
If you're going to own a dsm or any fast 10+ yr old car, you're going to be spending a lot of money on mechanic bills or doing a lot of your own repairs. I suggest reading and learning how to fix these cars yourself.

Rarely does a performance car age well. Case in point:

Part 1
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JKsOit11NOk&search=top%20gear%20challenge

Part 2
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ek9965Ju0XQ&search=top%20gear%20challenge

Part 3
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9fnkOZ8vyLQ&search=top%20gear%20challenge

Part 4
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C3XILCcmyNw&search=top%20gear%20challenge
97 Talon AWD

Currently under the knife...

Offline daniel Dee

• Fully drivable
what to do
« Reply #6 on: July 23, 2006, 08:00:56 am »
Re: John_fragoso car problems.

You live in Abbotsford.
You should have brought you car to Frank's Top End Auto.
He has more Talons in shop and out than anybody I know.
He can show you anything you need to see or know  about Dsm cars.

This guy loves these cars...
92 AWD TSI 5spd<br />Built motor ,AEM EMS, Arc2 cdi 1050cc&1000cc Staged injectors Billet S366 T4,top mount manifold.666 AWHP@39psi (RG Dyno 2010). New mods E85, BF cams, 72mm turbo, 70mm throttle body />90 TSI (gone), 95 TSI 5 spd sold, 93 Mazda 5sp(sold), 97 Acura 5spd Vtec 99 Audi A4 quad 5sp 2018 Civicturbo 6sp ktuner

Offline Mike Schmid

Re: what to do
« Reply #7 on: July 23, 2006, 10:49:42 am »
Quote from: "John_fragoso"
ive had hella troubles with my tranny and finally got fed up of all the mickey mouse shit.....*snip*  doin maintenance on the tranny...i cant waitto get her back

Please attempt to use proper grammar, punctuation and spelling in the future.  This is not for our good but for your good.  I know most of the senior members, myself included, find it easier to skip hard to read posts, rather than read and re-read them trying to figure out what the problem and question is.

Understand that I'm not trying to be a dick.  You're new to the board and I'm trying to help you to help us help you.   :)  Also a title like "Transmission & shop trouble" would be more helpful than "what to do".  Reason being, when you read it, post some suggestions than want to see the results a day or a few days later it's easier to find a good title.  If you've ever been to a board where every title is "help!!!" "What do I do"  "not runnin good"  "SOS!!!"  It's really difficult to ever follow a thread.  This means people that don't have time to read every post won't bother looking for a particular one and it ends up with the guy that needs help not getting it.  Nobody on these boards gets paid to give out help, for best results make it real easy for people to help you out.  Again, I'm not trying to be a dick, just trying to help.
DSMs - fun when they run

'92 TSi AWD AT - 180bhp
'93 TSi AWD - 195bhp
'90 Laser RS NT - *sold*
'71 Camaro - *sold*