Author Topic: New 17" rims& A couple of questions  (Read 2700 times)

Offline Wayne Wright

New 17" rims& A couple of questions
« Reply #15 on: March 02, 2006, 04:50:13 pm »
Nothing cost me so much. I did all the work myself and got a good deal on the shell/tranny and a blow motor.

I was just laying out some advice, all I will say now, is you have ALOT of reading to do.  :thumbs:

Offline Scott Cox

« Reply #16 on: March 02, 2006, 07:08:54 pm »
Allright man cool, I am also doing the work myself too so money will be saved.I still got more research to do but any pointers or tips im all ears man. I was just letting you know where im comming from.

Cheers
-Scott
0 Plymouth Laser RS
04 Dodge SRT4

Offline Wayne Wright

« Reply #17 on: March 02, 2006, 08:48:57 pm »
For Sure man. I also didn't know you meant a built rebuild, like with forged internals n shit.

If you really think you'll be happy with FDW, then giver, and if you have the money to go to a completely different ECU, then right on.

The FWD NT tranny has shorter gear in it. In other words, when you start making more power, they're going to be too short for your application. The components themselves are also weaker from what I know...a nicely tuned forged motor will eat it.

The swap isn't that hard, just for the parts you have to get, and the money you have to spend, you'd be better off selling it and grabbing an AWD. So if the swap is really what you want to do, don't be discourgaed.

What turbo are you going to be running? 2.0l rebuild, stroker, or destroker? Are you goals for the car just a fun street car, or some autoX? You mentioned putting slicks on it and drag racing it? Where? I wish the island had a more competitive drag scene. A season or something.

Good luck with it all tho man. If you want aTurbo FWD tranny, I have one for sale, as well as the linkages you'll need.

Offline Scott Cox

« Reply #18 on: March 03, 2006, 01:45:09 am »
Yeah I work at a Mechanics shop that I will be Apprenticing at down the road I want to learn as much as I can before I start collage ext. since im only 18. I love working with cars and want to do my own fun fast race car (My DSM) so this Laser falls right into place and a good buddy mechanic there said he will help me build this engine from sratch, and he's bin in the game for over 25yrs.

A turbo transmission would be a better thing for sure but is not needed right away, I will be doing the car in steps since I get paid every 2 weeks lol.Plus my transmission was just rebuilt not to long ago, Mission raceway is where I go for friday nite street legals or high school drags and as far as I know theres no issue with slicks plus mine arn't gonna be huge its still FWD, just something to roast the shit out of for fun and better launch.

And I was hoping a stock turbo ECU mite plug into my NT wiring harness or I could get a turbo harness into my NT wiring I havent reserched on that yet since I most likey will not be getting micro tec right away since there pricey.But I was looking into to putting one in my RX-7 and I know you can plug into them with a computer to tune them if you have the software, I know a guy who runs micro tec on his wankel and says it works great.

I know alot about turbos and how they work ext. but what type is best for a DSM I don't know, when the time comes I was just gonna make a thread on what turbo would be the best bang for buck for my setup and go that route. No engine swaping will be done by me till my summer wages come in so I still got a few months till any action that way happens so im getting way ahead of myself lol. Right now im just doing some cosmetic work with mounting my two 7" T.V.s and fiberglassing my four 10" subs in the rear with a PS2 in the glovebox  8)  :wink: .

Sorry for the long post but I think that answers your questions, so if you have any input or answers about my questions once again im all ears.

Cheers man and happy tunning
-Scott
0 Plymouth Laser RS
04 Dodge SRT4

Offline Brett Haviland

• Administrator
« Reply #19 on: March 28, 2006, 08:38:18 pm »
whats with people named scott... and putting supra wings on there black lazers.

JEEZE!!   :wink:
I like Colts.  Turbo Colts.

Offline Scott Cox

« Reply #20 on: March 28, 2006, 10:32:07 pm »
Quote from: "Brett Haviland"
whats with people named scott... and putting supra wings on there black lazers.

JEEZE!!   :wink:

LOL its a trademark man, why who else has one?
0 Plymouth Laser RS
04 Dodge SRT4

Offline Brett Haviland

• Administrator
« Reply #21 on: March 29, 2006, 01:29:26 am »
I believe Scott Girvin had a black lazer with a supra spoiler..

Offline Scott Cox

« Reply #22 on: March 29, 2006, 09:33:37 am »
Quote from: "Brett Haviland"
I believe Scott Girvin had a black lazer with a supra spoiler..

Well did his have a full bodykit?  :twisted: ill update when its done  8)
0 Plymouth Laser RS
04 Dodge SRT4

Offline Rob Armstrong

« Reply #23 on: March 29, 2006, 09:57:11 am »
Quote from: "Scott Cox"

Well did his have a full bodykit?  :twisted: ill update when its done  8)

yes I do belive it did :wink:

Offline Brett Haviland

• Administrator
« Reply #24 on: March 29, 2006, 12:38:22 pm »
mmhm yeah it was full body kit...

Offline Scott Cox

« Reply #25 on: March 30, 2006, 08:52:19 am »
Really???? any pics?
0 Plymouth Laser RS
04 Dodge SRT4

Offline Trevor Germuth

« Reply #26 on: March 30, 2006, 11:16:07 am »
Yuppers!

Sorry to crush all of your dreams and hopes, lol.
2 Talon Tsi- AWD, 6/4 bolt

92 Talon Tsi Fwd  - Kn Filter, RMT Fmic, Performace Auto 3" Exhaust, HKS SSQV, Maft+3.5" maf, Greddy Profec B Spec II, 02 dump   -Sold

91 JZA70 Targa Toyota Supra -3" Trust cat back, HKS BOV, 1JZ-GTE

1992 Ford F-150 - I6, 4x4, 5 spd, Canopy

Offline Rob Armstrong

« Reply #27 on: March 30, 2006, 01:09:24 pm »
:rofl: oh that was good

Offline Scott Cox

« Reply #28 on: March 30, 2006, 03:22:04 pm »
LOL well soon enough they will look the same, just got the front one on last night....well heres the start gonna be going back later tonight to work on it some more.. 8)

0 Plymouth Laser RS
04 Dodge SRT4

Offline Scott Cox

« Reply #29 on: March 30, 2006, 03:25:21 pm »
I guess its just a Scott thing :wink:
0 Plymouth Laser RS
04 Dodge SRT4