Author Topic: Karting  (Read 7358 times)

Offline Rob Armstrong

The Go-Karting thread
« Reply #15 on: January 27, 2006, 02:25:09 pm »
Quote from: "Andrew Steele"
Quote from: "Rob Armstrong"
Come on people rep your club.
 7 people? there is like 15 or more cars it would be cool to have a full BCDSM race.
karting good clean fun and they go as fast as a N/A  :laugh:  well ok maby not.

Winters are usually slow and we don't do that many meets during this time period.

Note: this meet isn't a sanctioned BC DSM Meet.  You guys are welcome to get together, just be aware that from a potentially legal standpoint, this isn't a club meet.

Well then who is running this show?
Do you plan on organizing a "meet" anytime soon.
As far as I know this is no FVT but it is a meet weather you let us put the BCDSM name in it doesn't really matter were all from here.
what if you showed up would it be "more" of a BCDSM meet then? just wondering

Offline Miles Frederick

The Go-Karting thread
« Reply #16 on: January 27, 2006, 02:36:54 pm »
There's potential for injury in go-karting although this place is likely to have safety covered well, I think Andrew was just trying to reflect that that BCDSM will not be liable for any injuries sustained should anything happen.  Which is fair enough.

That being said, I haven't been go-karting for years, so I'm looking forward to it.  Should be fun.
91 TSI AWD
91 Laser NA

"A car without turbo is a car with perpetual lag"

Ds-map / Jackal, highly recommended.  I've been running it for the last 3 - 4 years.  Amazing improvement in throttle response and overall power under part throttle conditions, and that was with the old maf still in place for 2 years.  Amazing tuning platform in my opinion, and best of all free.

Offline Rob Armstrong

The Go-Karting thread
« Reply #17 on: January 27, 2006, 02:48:21 pm »
If you read the link I posted it clearly states that you sign a waiver.
I think you have more of a chance getting smoked by a bus driving there.
Then getting hurt there it is really safe you need to watch a vid and sit in a class for like 5-10 min before they let you race.

NO ONE would ever hold anything against your club Andrew if they did I and I think everyone else would have to have a lil sit down with the poor bastard :twisted:

We could toss him/her in the Fraser and divide up his/her car amongst us in 10 min.

Kenji Scott

The Go-Karting thread
« Reply #18 on: January 27, 2006, 07:11:15 pm »
yes
« Last Edit: July 14, 2009, 03:18:48 pm by Kenji Scott »

Offline Mike Schmid

The Go-Karting thread
« Reply #19 on: January 27, 2006, 09:57:22 pm »
Now all y'all don't go gettin' yer panties in a bind.  Just show up, talk cars, go-kart, go home and don't worry about it.
DSMs - fun when they run

'92 TSi AWD AT - 180bhp
'93 TSi AWD - 195bhp
'90 Laser RS NT - *sold*
'71 Camaro - *sold*

Offline Aaron Moore

The Go-Karting thread
« Reply #20 on: January 28, 2006, 01:58:58 am »
Quote from: "Andrew Steele"
Come on people rep your club.
 7 people? there is like 15 or more cars it would be cool to have a full BCDSM race.
karting good clean fun and they go as fast as a N/A  :laugh:  well ok maby not.

Winters are usually slow and we don't do that many meets during this time period.

Note: this meet isn't a sanctioned BC DSM Meet.  You guys are welcome to get together, just be aware that from a potentially legal standpoint, this isn't a club meet.

Well then who is running this show?
Do you plan on organizing a "meet" anytime soon.
As far as I know this is no FVT but it is a meet weather you let us put the BCDSM name in it doesn't really matter were all from here.
what if you showed up would it be "more" of a BCDSM meet then? just wondering

Andrew is running "this show".
A BC DSM meet will be had as soon as a recognized member sees value in  such named. Specifically, 7 people out of 731, or less than 1%, will NOT create a BC DSM official "meet".  Best of luck otherwise  :)

Now, do not interpret this as a Mike "Sandy Vagina" Meron tactic; however, this is not a simple "we are all from here" organization.  There have been many loud-mouthed "mofos" who talk shit out of their ass until they are banned.  They come and go as soon as a "noisy lifter tick", or a "hey, whatsa crankwalker in my gAnGsTa rYdE yO!" comment are exhausted.  The core group of us have been here for some time dealing with the day to day, and have earned a respect for one another in our quest to better our cars and understand the intricacies of our beloved DSMs.  It's a learning process, and all true DSMers understand this.

"Come on people rep your club"  Honestly, just talk to someone who gives a shit and we'll see what we can put together  8)
2 TSI AWD 16G
95 TSI AWD GROUND BLINGER
98 SPYDER EVO 16G
99 GS400 PIMPED TO THE MAX
2005 300C up and on....

Offline Jaime Whittlesey

The Go-Karting thread
« Reply #21 on: January 28, 2006, 10:27:37 am »
And in the long run, probably better that this isn't a huge me because.. by the sounds of it its not a huge place....so the less people that come the more I get to drive :)

And Kenji, if my kid played hockey in Iraq and got hurt by and iraqi hockey bomber then I would probably be pretty pissed if not sue whomever was in charge for telling me that it was safe over there for my kids to play hockey.
04 Honda Cr-V yay boring boring boring car......

Kenji Scott

The Go-Karting thread
« Reply #22 on: January 28, 2006, 11:02:24 am »
yes
« Last Edit: July 14, 2009, 03:19:06 pm by Kenji Scott »

Kenji Scott

The Go-Karting thread
« Reply #23 on: January 28, 2006, 11:10:29 am »
yes
« Last Edit: July 14, 2009, 03:22:14 pm by Kenji Scott »

Offline Rob Armstrong

The Go-Karting thread
« Reply #24 on: January 28, 2006, 12:03:17 pm »
I just want to go have fun, and talk cars with people that like cars.

Kenji Scott

The Go-Karting thread
« Reply #25 on: January 30, 2006, 08:29:07 pm »
yes
« Last Edit: July 14, 2009, 03:19:14 pm by Kenji Scott »

Offline Rick ODell

The Go-Karting thread
« Reply #26 on: January 30, 2006, 09:50:59 pm »
what the hell? I'm sure bcdsm doesn't have millions to pay after being sued for an injury at go-karting. I bet bcdsm doesn't have $5!

People need to take responsibility for their own behaviour and sue themselves. lawsuits are stupid.
retty damn drunk :)

Offline Matt Fredrikson

• Who needs a Turbo?
    • http://www.intencity.cc
The Go-Karting thread
« Reply #27 on: January 30, 2006, 10:40:15 pm »
whatever I'll still be there draggin my roomate along too be bringing his Boosted B18B civic too ( cuz its kinda cute like a pet for my Talon  :laugh:  )
Team Martuned

02 Porsche Boxster S

Sold - 96 TSi AWD - GT30-11, AEM EMS, 860cc, W/I, all Custom SS pipes, ACT XD, Shep Stage 3

Offline Andrew Steele

• http://www.bcdsm.org
The Go-Karting thread
« Reply #28 on: January 31, 2006, 11:02:26 am »
I just want to go have fun, and talk cars with people that like cars.

And that's perfectly fine, no-one has said you can't do that.  

What I'm saying, is that this isn't an official club meet.  If you don't agree with that, well ... too bad :)  I'm still waiting for someone to step up to the plate.. http://www.labattz.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=12583 .  Whether you think there are legitimate legal responsibilities or not is completely irrelevant and inconsequential.  

I hope you guys have fun, really I do.
1999.5 Audi A4 2.8L Quattro Tip
1994 Eagle Talon (SOLD)
1993 Eagle Talon TSi AWD (SOLD)

Kenji Scott

The Go-Karting thread
« Reply #29 on: February 02, 2006, 06:52:37 pm »
yes
« Last Edit: July 14, 2009, 03:19:23 pm by Kenji Scott »