Author Topic: let's play guess that transmission problem?!  (Read 615 times)

Offline Ryan Clark

let's play guess that transmission problem?!
« on: May 26, 2003, 12:21:51 pm »
driving up a hill in 4th i notice the car is barely engaging.... ok put it in 3rd and I hear a clunk and the gears are no longer working.. I pull over and there is a fair amount of oil leaking from under the car.

Big uh-oh or medium uh-oh ? hehe?!@
We took the trans out today, and the front diff broke apart and cracked the case. The front motor mount is also torn right off the subframe... can you say wheel hop?"

Offline Travis Merrick

« Reply #1 on: May 26, 2003, 12:42:48 pm »
What is clutch breaks due to not properly being broken in, takes out fly wheel and cracks bell housing.
2 TSi AWD - 14.2@98mph - RIP

85 SJ413 w/ Toy axles

Offline Ryan Clark

« Reply #2 on: May 26, 2003, 01:00:03 pm »
car was broken in accordingly to lowell ... but things go wrong. Is that something that might be covered via warranty... or how much am I looking at ?
We took the trans out today, and the front diff broke apart and cracked the case. The front motor mount is also torn right off the subframe... can you say wheel hop?"

Offline Ryan Clark

« Reply #3 on: May 26, 2003, 01:00:58 pm »
I am very sad =<

Offline Travis Merrick

« Reply #4 on: May 26, 2003, 01:36:24 pm »
I guess it really comes down to if Johnny got the reciepts for it all, and to find out what the problem is, maybe the clutch slipped, im not sure, were you in boost? Maybe you can get half of it covered under warranty.

85 SJ413 w/ Toy axles

Offline Ryan Clark

« Reply #5 on: May 26, 2003, 01:50:10 pm »
I have all the reciepts for the work done around 3 months ago.

Offline Ryan Clark

« Reply #6 on: May 26, 2003, 01:50:34 pm »
but broke due to buying the car hehe.

Offline Travis Merrick

« Reply #7 on: May 26, 2003, 02:32:24 pm »
Talk to the parents, they will give you money, trust me, explain to them, it usually is called "sympathy coin"

85 SJ413 w/ Toy axles

Offline Ryan Clark

« Reply #8 on: May 26, 2003, 02:42:52 pm »
hehe not so sure... every car I seem to get usually screws me over bigtime. They have helped a lot in the past => I will just have to save up if it cost me a lot of coin.

Offline Jared Clark

• http://Vancouver240.com
« Reply #9 on: May 26, 2003, 11:26:29 pm »
Quote from: "Ryan Clark"
hehe not so sure... every car I seem to get usually screws me over bigtime. They have helped a lot in the past => I will just have to save up if it cost me a lot of coin.

jordan may do the work.... yet he hates working with the heavy DSM trannies :laugh:
ormer owner of a '93 AWD
Now: 1989 240SX, 13.5@107
        1990 240SX, 12.4@114

Offline Jordan Gladman

« Reply #10 on: May 27, 2003, 12:41:38 am »
Quote from: "Jared Clark"
Quote from: "Ryan Clark"

jordan may do the work.... yet he hates working with the heavy DSM trannies :laugh:

his car is FWD.. its a lot easier  :D