Author Topic: VMSC Winter AutoX!  (Read 2382 times)

Andrew J Scott

VMSC Winter AutoX!
« on: December 20, 2005, 08:57:02 am »
The Victoria Motor Sports club is putting on a winter autocross series.    Hope to see people out there.

Details here

Offline KevinBuckham

VMSC Winter AutoX!
« Reply #1 on: December 20, 2005, 12:07:40 pm »
I think I can speak for 3 local DSMs.  I will make sure my car is there after I wrangle Tommy into fixing my weeping transmission seal and swapping in a new fuel filter.  Hamish in his grey 1G will be there, as well as Ryan H with his red 1G.

Shall we take bets on which DSM will post FTD? (I'm not betting on mine.)

Andrew J Scott

VMSC Winter AutoX!
« Reply #2 on: December 20, 2005, 01:28:23 pm »
I'll be there, in the white 91 (don't think you were there any of the races i was at last summer)  

If I were to bet I'd go with Hamish...but not hands down.  He has told me what you've done to your car and it sounds like it'll rip...I hope he'll be there, he figures he will as long as all his tranny parts come in quickly.

I think the only person I have a chance of beating is Ryan...assuming he didn't do any work over the winter as we were pretty even in the summer.  Should be a good turnout.

Offline KevinBuckham

VMSC Winter AutoX!
« Reply #3 on: December 20, 2005, 02:51:10 pm »
Yeah I've been out of it for a year.  When I had a running car, Garth and Ryan (in my car), and I would have some great battles.  Then Hamish came along and he's taken my place.

I've definitely have to shake off all the driver's rust for me to get back to being competitive.  I'm afraid driving a Colt for a year and a half and only attending a single autocross in the mean time will be hard to shake off.

Ryan probably won't be FTD competitive until he gets some sticky rubber.  He should have his car caged, and it is currently stripped.  He's preparing for the hillclimb event the VMSC will be hosting.  If it all works out, this will be the second hillclimb event in Canada besides Knox Mtn.

Andrew J Scott

VMSC Winter AutoX!
« Reply #4 on: December 20, 2005, 03:08:12 pm »
delete

Andrew J Scott

VMSC Winter AutoX!
« Reply #5 on: December 20, 2005, 03:10:50 pm »
cool...well, then I guess I'll be the slow dsm of the group :( ....oh well.  Great thing about autoX is pick the cars that are close to you in time, and race them...cuz theres no way i'm keepin up with you and hamish.  

Where would the hill climb be held?

Offline KevinBuckham

VMSC Winter AutoX!
« Reply #6 on: December 20, 2005, 03:59:56 pm »
Quote from: "Andrew J Scott"
Where would the hill climb be held?

That hasn't been announced, but it would be a great venue!  I hope they can work all of the details out.  Unfortunately we all need cages to run the hillclimb.

Andrew J Scott

VMSC Winter AutoX!
« Reply #7 on: December 20, 2005, 05:02:29 pm »
hmmm thats too bad, although my brother is a welder....but my car is a daily driver...guess hill climbing is out for me.

Offline Andrew Scott

VMSC Winter AutoX!
« Reply #8 on: December 26, 2005, 03:37:03 am »
Where are these? Do I have to join VMSC to attend?
Parked: 1989 240sx - Esso 87 octane, Superstore generic 10w30, Japanese automatic climate control, Pioneer AVIC-Z3 navagation, Tien Flex Coilovers, Poly bushings, R34 Brakes (front and rear), Cusco tri-point strut braces (front+rear), 1998 tail lights, rear+side valance, adjustable toe and camber arms, cusco sway bars, helical rear diff, Volk TE37s - For sale!
Daily: 2008 BMW M3 DCT

Offline KevinBuckham

VMSC Winter AutoX!
« Reply #9 on: December 26, 2005, 01:11:01 pm »
Quote from: "Andrew Scott"
Do I have to join VMSC to attend?

Quick answer : No.  

If you are going to run more than one event, the savings alone will make it worthwhile to join.  If you hold a road-race licences, you will have to be a member of the VMSC in Victoria, as it is in the only member club of the CACC and associated sanctioning bodies locally.

For full details on membership and events, check out:

http://www.victoriamotorsports.ca/
&
http://www.victoriamotorsports.ca/cgi-bin/yabb2/YaBB.pl

Ryan Hobbs (1G DSM) runs the bulletin board there.

Andrew J Scott

VMSC Winter AutoX!
« Reply #10 on: December 26, 2005, 02:28:03 pm »
Oh no...two Andrew Scott's....in white 1G talons.....The numbers better be clearly marked!

Offline Andrew Scott

VMSC Winter AutoX!
« Reply #11 on: December 28, 2005, 01:34:36 am »
Don't worry, I don't have that car anymore

Where are these events going to be held? I'd like to go watch the first one and compete in the rest... need to know how tight the course is and if I can turn fast enough
Parked: 1989 240sx - Esso 87 octane, Superstore generic 10w30, Japanese automatic climate control, Pioneer AVIC-Z3 navagation, Tien Flex Coilovers, Poly bushings, R34 Brakes (front and rear), Cusco tri-point strut braces (front+rear), 1998 tail lights, rear+side valance, adjustable toe and camber arms, cusco sway bars, helical rear diff, Volk TE37s - For sale!
Daily: 2008 BMW M3 DCT

Offline KevinBuckham

VMSC Winter AutoX!
« Reply #12 on: December 28, 2005, 09:12:26 am »
Aren't you in a 240?  You will have nothing to worry about considering we are running in DSMs.

Offline Ryan Hobbs

• http://www.victoriamotorsports.ca
VMSC Winter AutoX!
« Reply #13 on: December 28, 2005, 11:39:01 am »
Quote from: "KevinBuckham"
I think I can speak for 3 local DSMs.  I will make sure my car is there after I wrangle Tommy into fixing my weeping transmission seal and swapping in a new fuel filter.  Hamish in his grey 1G will be there, as well as Ryan H with his red 1G.

Shall we take bets on which DSM will post FTD? (I'm not betting on mine.)

I will bet you will get at least 1 FTD.....

Now, all I have to do is learn how to drive so I can give you guys some competition.   8)
ictoria Motor Sports Club Web & Communications Director
1991 Talon TSi AWD 5 spd Red (slow 13.1 @ 101mph with issues)
1972 Gran Torino Sport 351C

Offline Ryan Hobbs

• http://www.victoriamotorsports.ca
VMSC Winter AutoX!
« Reply #14 on: December 28, 2005, 11:45:45 am »
Quote from: "Andrew J Scott"
I think the only person I have a chance of beating is Ryan...assuming he didn't do any work over the winter as we were pretty even in the summer.  Should be a good turnout.

ooo, thems is fighting words.   :twisted:

:P
ictoria Motor Sports Club Web & Communications Director
1991 Talon TSi AWD 5 spd Red (slow 13.1 @ 101mph with issues)
1972 Gran Torino Sport 351C