Author Topic: Orgasm!  (Read 7550 times)

Offline Wayne Wright

Orgasm!
« Reply #45 on: February 02, 2006, 02:17:26 pm »
All I would be worried about is spining a bearing, and getting oil through out the head and valvetrain.

When or if it goes, I don't care what happens to the bottom end, blocks can be had cheap....

Basically, I know what your all saying, and I probably won't even push it that hard, I'm just sayin it so if it goes I don't get called an Idiot. Hahaha  :wink:  :laugh: .

If a good deal on what I'm looking to put in my engine comes, then I'll take care of things then.

We'll see what happens, I'm sure the tranny will die before the motor, and if it does, I'll just build them both up.

I also have this weird curiosity to see what the stock motor can handle when tuned very well.

Offline John Hartman

Orgasm!
« Reply #46 on: February 02, 2006, 08:27:51 pm »
2 things.

1.) a good 6 bolt can handle a lot

2.)  you're gonna get called an idiot anyways HEhehehehe :D   :twisted:
91 Eagle Talon TSi 5spd awd.  GT-12, TriFlow Cams, 850s, Tial, JIC, Jackal, sticky rubber.
86 Merkur XR4Ti 5spd, rwd, turbo, 91,381km.  Original paint, heated leather. intercooled, big VAM, Full 3" exhaust, Cossie sway bar, 16" tires.
06 Mazdaspeed6 6spd awd, DISI turbo, heated leather HIDs, Corksport, Cobb, Konig, Centric...
2018 VW Golf Alltrack turbo Tornado Red, 6mt, some free mods

Offline Wayne Wright

Orgasm!
« Reply #47 on: February 02, 2006, 08:33:50 pm »
I know it can, that's why I want ahead and did all this right now, instead of waiting :laugh:

...and no commnet to you # 2 response..... :oops:

Offline Andrew Scott

Orgasm!
« Reply #48 on: February 05, 2006, 05:17:26 pm »
You would be lucky to spin a bearing really, because then you just have to pick metal bits out of your oil pan, the oil pickup generally doesn't pick up large peices of metal.

Throwing a rod through the side of the block I guess would be a worst case scinario, melting a piston you'll probably gouge the cyl walls and destroy your valvetrain..

What are you hoping for anyways?
Parked: 1989 240sx - Esso 87 octane, Superstore generic 10w30, Japanese automatic climate control, Pioneer AVIC-Z3 navagation, Tien Flex Coilovers, Poly bushings, R34 Brakes (front and rear), Cusco tri-point strut braces (front+rear), 1998 tail lights, rear+side valance, adjustable toe and camber arms, cusco sway bars, helical rear diff, Volk TE37s - For sale!
Daily: 2008 BMW M3 DCT

Offline Wayne Wright

Orgasm!
« Reply #49 on: February 05, 2006, 06:56:55 pm »
What am I hoping for? What do you mean? My goal for the setup?

I'm not "trying" to blow the motor, that's not my goal here, just incase anyone has misunderstood me. But if it blows, whatever it may be, so be it. If it goes It won't be by a bad tune, I am going be very conservative and safe with the tune.

I'm just going to turn up the boost (while waching the EGT's, and AFR whe I get a wideband) until it knocks...tune it out, repeat, until I can't tune it out...see how the car feels then.

I would like to see 450-500hp with maybe a SMIM and some Water+Meth injection. on top of what I already have, but I doubt it will get done without a better head gasket and some ARP head studs. I'm not pulling things apart for just that though, I'll do it all at once with the engine rebuild.

If I throw a rod, meh, new blocks are cheap, if I completely ruin the entire motor, I'll prolly build a stong 2.4....or just pick up a new block and go from there.

I don't think I'm going to ruin the motor though, 6 bolts can take alot of shit, and like I said, I plan on running things very safely.

Now that I've said "500hp"...I'll cue the barrage of flaming.  :wink:

Offline John Hartman

Orgasm!
« Reply #50 on: February 05, 2006, 07:13:44 pm »
well, it appears that you have all the right parts.  Not sure about that intercooler, but the fuel, turbo, cams and intake seem good for it.

But getting them all working in harmony can be a bitch.
91 Eagle Talon TSi 5spd awd.  GT-12, TriFlow Cams, 850s, Tial, JIC, Jackal, sticky rubber.
86 Merkur XR4Ti 5spd, rwd, turbo, 91,381km.  Original paint, heated leather. intercooled, big VAM, Full 3" exhaust, Cossie sway bar, 16" tires.
06 Mazdaspeed6 6spd awd, DISI turbo, heated leather HIDs, Corksport, Cobb, Konig, Centric...
2018 VW Golf Alltrack turbo Tornado Red, 6mt, some free mods

Offline Andrew Scott

Orgasm!
« Reply #51 on: February 05, 2006, 07:51:11 pm »
I don't know why you think we're flaming you, we're just telling you what people have figured out over time. Stock bottom ends hold around 350-375 horsepower, wheather it's properly fuled, cooled, etc. It's just too much power. Power's power, and a 450 hp combustion will bend a stock rod if you have meth injection, a titanium head gasket and railroad ties holding your head on.

We're just trying to save you some greif. Even if you are as careful as you can possibly be, and you keep knock at 0, your EGTs really low, and your AFRs perfect, if you create more power than your stock rods, pistons, bearings, main caps and studs, head studs, they will break. Do you think when pro drag racers blow engines it's because they screw up tuning? I guarantee you that they have perfect tuning all the time.
Parked: 1989 240sx - Esso 87 octane, Superstore generic 10w30, Japanese automatic climate control, Pioneer AVIC-Z3 navagation, Tien Flex Coilovers, Poly bushings, R34 Brakes (front and rear), Cusco tri-point strut braces (front+rear), 1998 tail lights, rear+side valance, adjustable toe and camber arms, cusco sway bars, helical rear diff, Volk TE37s - For sale!
Daily: 2008 BMW M3 DCT

Offline Wayne Wright

Orgasm!
« Reply #52 on: February 05, 2006, 08:43:53 pm »
Oh shit, I don't want things to turn bad here Andrew, I wasn't trying to say that you, John or anyone else were flaming me, I know you're trying to help, it's appreciated, and I don't consider it flaming....I'm still waiting for that to come. :P People just tend to flame other who try to do big things it seems, on here, and in general.

I have read and heard of 6bolt motors holding 450-500hp...that's right around where I'm trying to make..until I go forged. I don't have any first hand with 500hp on a stock bottom end though, so if you have, and you say 375...well I've been warned then.  :wink:

Thanks for the info you guys, please don't think I was trying to say you were all flaming me, I was just crackin a joke.

I've read alot of shit on Talk and Tooners of guys makin 460, and 502, and 514, and 455hp to the wheels on stock 6bolt bottom ends. I don't beleive everything I read, specially on some of those sites, but when it's from the wisemen, mods, and the supertalker X 2's....I give it some credit.

Either way I just can't wait to get it all on and start tuning... :twisted:

Some of the ricer lil hinda kids down the road are going to bein for a treat. WOW I have a 304hp turbo CRX...that's rusting with a bent frame....look at meeee smoke my tires from 1st to 4th.....weeeeee my cars fast.

I wondering what the record is for stock bottom end power?

Offline Kevin Park

Orgasm!
« Reply #53 on: February 05, 2006, 09:27:30 pm »

Offline Wayne Wright

Orgasm!
« Reply #54 on: February 05, 2006, 09:45:55 pm »
Ya Ya...I saw that when It first came out....7 BOLT...not 6...and they leaned out for some reason if you listen to it.

I wouldn't try it on 7 bolt toothpicks.

Offline Kevin Park

Orgasm!
« Reply #55 on: February 05, 2006, 09:57:24 pm »
I knew it was a 7 bolt. It ran an 11.9. I honestly don't think you have much to worry about wayne. If a 7bolt can hold up to that kind of abuse then. I think your 1g rods will be fine on 400hp. Your tranny will be junk in no time, if it isn't already. You'll most likely need to build the trans, before you'll need to build the motor. If you're at all concerned then just drive it with a more concervative tune untill you have the $$$ to build a motor. It's still going to be fast as fuck...

Offline Fraser Cassells

• Ass-engined Nazi-mobile owner, cause i'm too good for DSM's now
Orgasm!
« Reply #56 on: February 05, 2006, 11:19:29 pm »
No one in their right mind drives a 400+ WHP beast everyday!!!   :roflf:

Trannys are biodegradable at that level yes...bottom ends, can hang on by the skin of their teeth.
1990 AWD Talon, Cumulative 432WHP parts depository...soldinated!
2008 911 Turbo
2014 Audi S4
2011 Ducati Hypermotard

Offline Wayne Wright

Orgasm!
« Reply #57 on: February 05, 2006, 11:41:27 pm »
That's why they call me Insane Wayne.  :laugh:

I won't make that power until 6000+ rpm...so If I'm just cruising round town there's no need to rev that high....unless I feel like it...which I probably will, all the time. :twisted:

I live 2 mins from work, and I'm not really concerned about it either way, a 500hp beast of a street car is what I want....if it's a lil but not-so-streetable, who fuckin cares...I won't mind, and it won't bother me one bit.

Oh, and thanks Kev, I thought you were trying to say I'm crazy.  :P  

I'm on the 3 bolt too, can't wait to frag that fucker apart....or the tranny, which I predict will be the first things to go. :thumbs:

Oh, and Fraser, isn't your car your DD? I love that car man, sexy lookin.

Could you PM me your mod list?

Offline Fraser Cassells

• Ass-engined Nazi-mobile owner, cause i'm too good for DSM's now
Orgasm!
« Reply #58 on: February 06, 2006, 12:57:48 am »
It was a daily driver, and still can be as it drives like a stocker, idles perfect and gets good economy.

all but the fact it eats third and diffs..
1990 AWD Talon, Cumulative 432WHP parts depository...soldinated!
2008 911 Turbo
2014 Audi S4
2011 Ducati Hypermotard

Offline Wayne Wright

Orgasm!
« Reply #59 on: February 19, 2006, 01:15:40 pm »
Just an Update, yet a few MORE parts.

AEM UEGO
ARP Head Studs
Mitsubishi Multi Layer Steel Head Gasket

The Turbo, Manifold, O2 and Tial will all be here this comming week, as well as the UEGO hopefully.

Can't wait, going outside right now to yank the head.