Author Topic: Orgasm!  (Read 7551 times)

Offline John Hartman

Orgasm!
« Reply #30 on: January 23, 2006, 05:48:53 pm »
3" intercooler pipes might be a bit overkill unless your last name is Sheperd or Switzer, or Glazer etc.

Glad I wasn't the only one who noticed that heat damage ;)

only the insane one would put that in hehehe.
91 Eagle Talon TSi 5spd awd.  GT-12, TriFlow Cams, 850s, Tial, JIC, Jackal, sticky rubber.
86 Merkur XR4Ti 5spd, rwd, turbo, 91,381km.  Original paint, heated leather. intercooled, big VAM, Full 3" exhaust, Cossie sway bar, 16" tires.
06 Mazdaspeed6 6spd awd, DISI turbo, heated leather HIDs, Corksport, Cobb, Konig, Centric...
2018 VW Golf Alltrack turbo Tornado Red, 6mt, some free mods

Offline Wayne Wright

Orgasm!
« Reply #31 on: January 23, 2006, 05:56:41 pm »
Hahahaha....oooooh, that was good john.

Yeh, It was only a fantasy while I was falling asleep, then stock longblock and an emtpy wallet knocked me back into reality, but If I had the money to setup a GT35R, I'd sport 3" Ic pipes.

You guys will reconzie the plate from my "Is this ACT 2600 Pressure Plate Useable? - BETTER PICS" Found here - http://www.labattz.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=13237

When you compare the before and after beat blasting, it looks MUCH better. I'll probably just abuse this PP and disk as they will be my first aftermarket/performance clutch experience. Then I'll prolly got for the Kinetic PP next time or a 3500 SB.

Offline Andrew Scott

Orgasm!
« Reply #32 on: January 23, 2006, 11:56:53 pm »
can't you get an entire new centerforce DF kit for the price you paid for a used pressure plate and new street disc?

It'll probably last longer
Parked: 1989 240sx - Esso 87 octane, Superstore generic 10w30, Japanese automatic climate control, Pioneer AVIC-Z3 navagation, Tien Flex Coilovers, Poly bushings, R34 Brakes (front and rear), Cusco tri-point strut braces (front+rear), 1998 tail lights, rear+side valance, adjustable toe and camber arms, cusco sway bars, helical rear diff, Volk TE37s - For sale!
Daily: 2008 BMW M3 DCT

Offline Wayne Wright

Orgasm!
« Reply #33 on: January 24, 2006, 08:15:03 am »
I'd rather not run a CFDF. I've read they don't hold up to launching all that well, and they require an important break in period. From what I know people are much happier with the ACT.

But, again this is just what I've read, I have no first hand experience with performance clutches.

Offline Mike Schmid

Orgasm!
« Reply #34 on: January 24, 2006, 10:00:47 am »
My CFDF can keep all four tires boiling thru first, wet or dry, then break 'em all loose again at the 1-2 shift.  4 tire fire   :twisted:
DSMs - fun when they run

'92 TSi AWD AT - 180bhp
'93 TSi AWD - 195bhp
'90 Laser RS NT - *sold*
'71 Camaro - *sold*

Offline Wayne Wright

Orgasm!
« Reply #35 on: January 24, 2006, 01:20:46 pm »
Well it's good to hear some first hand experience froma  reliable source then, thank you.

Either way, $250 to my door for a ACT 2600, and in all honest I'm probably going to abuse the clutch given the fact that I'll be hopefully putting down another 100hp then I am right now, and it will be my first time with a performace clutch, I'd rather not spend big bucks on new.

BUT, the main reason is, like I said before, if the plate cause me any problems, the seller agreed to refund it.

Offline John Hartman

Orgasm!
« Reply #36 on: January 24, 2006, 06:00:37 pm »
CFDF is holding nicely here too :)

And Lowell used one on both his cars, one ran 12.2 and one ran 11.4  Good enough for me ;)

Course the ACT can handle repeated hard launches, with no cool down.  If you are going to beat on it, you probably made a good choice.
91 Eagle Talon TSi 5spd awd.  GT-12, TriFlow Cams, 850s, Tial, JIC, Jackal, sticky rubber.
86 Merkur XR4Ti 5spd, rwd, turbo, 91,381km.  Original paint, heated leather. intercooled, big VAM, Full 3" exhaust, Cossie sway bar, 16" tires.
06 Mazdaspeed6 6spd awd, DISI turbo, heated leather HIDs, Corksport, Cobb, Konig, Centric...

Offline Wayne Wright

Orgasm!
« Reply #37 on: January 24, 2006, 06:32:42 pm »
That was exactly it, the repeated launches with no cool down. I just remember hearing that the CFDF requires that cool down period (thanks for jarring my memory, I knew there was some kind of point about it, I'm pretty sure I read it here to, that's why it stuck with me), not saying that it doesn't have the clamping force.

Offline Wayne Wright

Orgasm!
« Reply #38 on: January 31, 2006, 11:27:31 pm »
Well, looks like I've decided to fuck maxing out the 14b, and just take advantage of the time with the car uninsured and go all out right now.

New parts added to the list.

HKS SSQV
SBR 7cm2 Exaust manifold - Ported
Tial 46mm External Wastgate
2.5" Mild Steel O2 Housing - Flanged for the Tial
SCM-6152E - For those not familiar with this Turbo http://www.slowboyracing.com/more.php?id=2211&
Fidanza or Similar (Haven't Purchased yet)
Cams, either some 272 Regrinds or actual 272's, (not purchased yet)

I'll post pics as it all come in.

Basically, I'm going to push as much possible power as I can through the stock motor, with a proper tune, until somethig gives, then rebuild it all forged....and build the tranny, cause well, it's already hating life.

And I don't need to hear things like " You're not going to see any spool until 10,000,000 RPM you idiot"

I'm not a tool, I expect 20 psi in the mid 4000 RPM range. It's what I want, and I'm not concerned, but very stoked.  :D ( I'll be spending more time above that anyways  :twisted: )

No one may care, but just thought I'd update my current project.

Again please keep the bashing to a minimun, I can take jokes, so if it's all in good fun then bring it on.  :wink:  :laugh:  :P

Offline Trevor Germuth

Orgasm!
« Reply #39 on: January 31, 2006, 11:38:56 pm »
That is quite the list you have there.  I personally am rather jelous.  Congrats on your purchases and soon to have items.
2 Talon Tsi- AWD, 6/4 bolt

92 Talon Tsi Fwd  - Kn Filter, RMT Fmic, Performace Auto 3" Exhaust, HKS SSQV, Maft+3.5" maf, Greddy Profec B Spec II, 02 dump   -Sold

91 JZA70 Targa Toyota Supra -3" Trust cat back, HKS BOV, 1JZ-GTE

1992 Ford F-150 - I6, 4x4, 5 spd, Canopy

Offline Kevin Park

Orgasm!
« Reply #40 on: January 31, 2006, 11:39:49 pm »
Sounds wicked Wayne. Go big or Go home! Good luck dude! I can't wait to see this beast in Action!  Now I really wish I had the time, money, and space to take my car off the road and build it up a little. Sigh...

Offline Wayne Wright

Orgasm!
« Reply #41 on: February 01, 2006, 08:29:12 pm »
Couple of things arrived today.

Burn1 24-32 pin Eprom burner.

ZIF (zero insertion force) socket

5 AT29C256 Eprom Chips.

Now just waiting for a real good deal on an Eprom ECU to pop up. If not I'll be contacting Jeff like John did.

Offline John Hartman

Orgasm!
« Reply #42 on: February 01, 2006, 09:15:42 pm »
watch out for too good a "real good deal"

Offline Jovan Ceklaj

Orgasm!
« Reply #43 on: February 02, 2006, 09:16:51 am »
Quote from: "Wayne Wright"
Basically, I'm going to push as much possible power as I can through the stock motor, with a proper tune, until somethig gives, then rebuild it all forged....and build the tranny, cause well, it's already hating life.

Just so you know, this may not be the best way of going about it.  If you plan on rebuilding the engine later on down the line and you're just waiting for a failure, what happens when a wrist pin lets go and puts a 3" hole in your block?  Then you need a whole new....everything.  Things almost never fail nicely and only take themselves.  Basically what I'm trying to say is that unless you plan on replacing the entire engine, this isn't a good way to go about it.  Just want to make you aware of it.
 1989 Nissan 240sx (daily POS/autocross slut)
- '92 6/4 bolt Tsi AWD 5 spd. (Burned to the ground!)

Offline Mike Schmid

Orgasm!
« Reply #44 on: February 02, 2006, 10:01:13 am »
What Jovan said.  Or you spin a bearing, and suck a bunch of metal goodness into the oil system and then wreck the cams, head, valves, crank, rods, pistons and that cute little turbo you just bought.
DSMs - fun when they run

'92 TSi AWD AT - 180bhp
'93 TSi AWD - 195bhp
'90 Laser RS NT - *sold*
'71 Camaro - *sold*