Author Topic: Stalling  (Read 473 times)

Offline KevinBuckham

Stalling
« on: May 04, 2003, 11:25:27 pm »
During the last couple of days my car has stalled four times (twice in a row) when coming into the parking lot of my complex.

I often push the clutch in when going over the speedbumps or downshift into first while slaloming through them.  The first couple go by fine, but the next two cause my car to stall.

Ideas?  Do I mention the "C-word"?

I'm going to check my end play ASAP, but I was hoping someone might have some ideas about what else to check.

BTW: I have a fresh new Greddy Type-S and vacuum lines just installed.  No apparent leaks, but I will be pressure testing tomorrow.

Thanks,

-Kevin

Offline Chris Andrews

• Good news Everyone!
Stalling
« Reply #1 on: May 04, 2003, 11:27:52 pm »
Faulty clutch switch?  Unlikely, but you never know......
92 TSi  AWD 2.4L Hybrid 12.3@113 SoLDINated!!!!
2008 Toyota Tundra. 5.7L
2012 KTM 350 EXC-F
2008 Arctic Cat M8

Offline KevinBuckham

Stalling
« Reply #2 on: May 05, 2003, 09:43:17 pm »
I just tested for intake leaks and found that my brand new Greddy Type-S was leaking profusely.  

I opened it up and and the internal seal was installed improperly from the factory.  Fixing that and adding form-a-gasket helped fix some boost leaks.  In addition the top nipple leaked boost.  Adding some teflon tape to the threads fixed that.

*Hopefully* this fixes my problems but I am still a little doubtful.

So anyway I hope this serves as a notice to Greddy Type-S owners to check it over thouroughly.

Now I can tighten the Greddy Type-S screw down without surge.  

Hopefully I will get a chance to test the end play with my shiny new dial gauge.

-Kevin

Offline Chris Andrews

• Good news Everyone!
Stalling
« Reply #3 on: May 05, 2003, 10:43:17 pm »
The "What did you just do before the problem arose?" always applies.    :?

The ever helpful intake leak test to the rescue.  

Hope that solves your problem.  Make sure you let the form a gasket cure properly before subjecting it to boost.   I have learned this the hard way over and over and over again.  But only because I am impatient..... :P
92 TSi  AWD 2.4L Hybrid 12.3@113 SoLDINated!!!!
2008 Toyota Tundra. 5.7L
2012 KTM 350 EXC-F
2008 Arctic Cat M8