Author Topic: Mohawk/Husky 94 Octane gas with 10% Ethanol.  (Read 1212 times)

Chao C. Yin

Mohawk/Husky 94 Octane gas with 10% Ethanol.
« on: May 02, 2003, 10:27:01 am »
Hearing lots of good things about using Mohawk/Husky 94 octane 10% Ethanol gas to clean up your engine's internals of carbon built up and injectors etc, and helps to pass aircare etc.

I put in a full tank of Husky 94 octane with 10% ethanol in my GSX for the first time in its life. The engine seems to run a little smoother, and starts up more quickly in both hot or cold starts.

But the car feels slower too, and this morning I had a little run on the way to work against a black, lowered 99-up Mustang GT 4.6 with fake HID headlights. I don't know if its engine was modded or not. We were pretty even, he had an advantage before and during my turbo spool up, and I had a little advantage in 3rd gear wth turbo on full.......but anyway the car feels slower than when I ran it Chevron 94...and I don't like the feeling not being able to smoke a Mustang.

Have anyone tried this gas yet?

Offline Jeff Chau

Mohawk/Husky 94 Octane gas with 10% Ethanol.
« Reply #1 on: May 02, 2003, 04:35:53 pm »
I used to use this gas in my '91 'clipse gsx. always had hot start problems. then I used it in my '90 tsi, same thing, it would just stall everytime I'd try to start it up during hot sunny days. switch gas, no hot start problem. use mohawk, hot start problem. then I read in our owner's manual that ethanol blended fuels aren't recommended. or maybe the mohawk at 33rd and victoria just sells shitty gas :wink: