Author Topic: NOS on stock 2g  (Read 1773 times)

Offline Mike Meron

NOS on stock 2g
« Reply #15 on: May 10, 2005, 02:17:51 pm »
if only the forcce were stronger in me i would BOOT all of your stupid asses for even bringing up this topic..
BTW i can sell you a wet direct port system for $2000, i have it still in its packaging with a 10 lb bottle.
4X100hp jets NICE dude!

Offline lance torkos

• http://imageautostyling.com
NOS on stock 2g
« Reply #16 on: May 10, 2005, 03:05:12 pm »
As a side note, I strongly recommend you rip out your carpet to expose the checkerplate underneath. Don't be afraid to just rip it up, as you won't need it anymore.

man this is some of the funniest shiz i've heard all day
lmao
008 lancer gts
90 tsi -parts depository!!!
Ummm..I'm lovin it!

Offline Nathan Tralenberg

NOS on stock 2g
« Reply #17 on: May 10, 2005, 03:20:52 pm »
Andy in the end go turbo, NOS lead to big problems ie; blowing engines and floor pans. Go for a bigger turbo with more boost. This whole NOS thing is a flaming piece of pooh!!! :fire:
991 plymouth laser(sold)
1995 eagle talon tsi - Kinetic FMIC, Garrett 50 trim, 660, AFC2, evo manifold, 3" turbo back,greddy type-s BOV, KL water injection

Offline Kimyee Lai

NOS on stock 2g
« Reply #18 on: May 10, 2005, 04:04:16 pm »
Not necessarily.  For a price of ~$500 not too much can come close to touching the power increase with adding N2O.  You do have to refill it all the time, but that's about it.  If a stock block is good for 400+hp, there's no reason why it HAS to all come from forced induction.  But you do have to smart about it.  Wet shot, small jets, timing retard, all the good stuff.  Anybody remember good ol Noslaser from DSMtalk?  He huffed some pretty big doses of N2O on a stock engine.

As for the legality of N2O, in the US, it is illegal for use on public streets, but it is LEGAL to have in the car, as long as you can show it isn't in use.  I *believe* the same applies in BC.  Do a search on ricescene on the police forums and you'll find the answer.  

You don't need a roll bar to run N2O.  You don't need checker plate either.  If you DO want to go with NOS, I'd advise some expert help with the matter.

Jovan, the checker plate in FNF was a problem only because it was polished.  The 3 thou reduction in the surface roughness typically results in a corresponding reduction in the fundamental frequency of the checker plate as a whole.  This brings it down to the excitation frequencies the unibody tends to exhibit when subject to the forcing function described by the NOS delivery jet angle relation.  Stock checked plate is non-polished, remember?

Offline Chris Andrews

• Good news Everyone!
NOS on stock 2g
« Reply #19 on: May 10, 2005, 04:37:01 pm »
This is what happens when I stand by, with my hands in my pockets.   I hope everybody appreciates it.  :wink:
92 TSi  AWD 2.4L Hybrid 12.3@113 SoLDINated!!!!
2008 Toyota Tundra. 5.7L
2012 KTM 350 EXC-F
2008 Arctic Cat M8

Andy Tong

NOS on stock 2g
« Reply #20 on: May 10, 2005, 05:53:38 pm »
ok everybody is disagreeing and agreeing NOS is bad for noobs... so does anyone have a Big 16g kit for sale? what's the price range on it>??

or

can I buy a fake can of nos so I can use it to rice? a 4X small can

Offline Hansen Chu

NOS on stock 2g
« Reply #21 on: May 10, 2005, 06:05:08 pm »
:shock:
MK4 VW
92dsm vrrrm psssh .. Sleeping in garage
93dsm SOLD

RIP Jay .... 1985 -2003

Offline Robin Toor

• http://bcdsm.labattz.com/Robin%20Ride/featured_ride.htm
NOS on stock 2g
« Reply #22 on: May 10, 2005, 07:17:41 pm »
Quote from: "Andy Tong"
ok everybody is disagreeing and agreeing NOS is bad for noobs... so does anyone have a Big 16g kit for sale? what's the price range on it>??

or

can I buy a fake can of nos so I can use it 0to rice? a 4X small can

Evo 16G with install kit goes for around $1000 from Kinetic (give or take).

And why the hell do you want to put a NOS tank in your car for rice? People are just going to laugh at you. You want to put in a heavy and dangerous tank in the back of your car just so you can show it off, when it doesn't even do anything? It is people like you who bring movies like F&F. Be prepared, because if I ever see a NOS tank in your trunk without a line going into the motor, I'm going to laugh my ass off, and I'm sure everyone else in BC DSM will follow.

But nevertheless, if you really want to get laughed at by everyone out there, Mopac sell 10lbs, 15lb, and 25lbs polished or blue NOS tanks. You can pick one up from them. I believe I picked up my 10lbs polished NOS tank from them for around $200-$300.

Andy Tong

NOS on stock 2g
« Reply #23 on: May 10, 2005, 08:59:33 pm »
Quote from: "Robin Toor"

or

Evo 16G with install kit goes for around $1000 from Kinetic (give or take).

And why the hell do you want to put a NOS tank in your car for rice? People are just going to laugh at you. You want to put in a heavy and dangerous tank in the back of your car just so you can show it off, when it doesn't even do anything? It is people like you who bring movies like F&F. Be prepared, because if I ever see a NOS tank in your trunk without a line going into the motor, I'm going to laugh my ass off, and I'm sure everyone else in BC DSM will follow.

But nevertheless, if you really want to get laughed at by everyone out there, Mopac sell 10lbs, 15lb, and 25lbs polished or blue NOS tanks. You can pick one up from them. I believe I picked up my 10lbs polished NOS tank from them for around $200-$300.

haha rice is good robins.. hahah
anywayz there's a smaller thank than 10lb.. like 5lb long tank???

Offline Matt Fredrikson

• Who needs a Turbo?
    • http://www.intencity.cc
NOS on stock 2g
« Reply #24 on: May 10, 2005, 09:10:56 pm »
I'm going to have to say I don't see NOS as a problem for the right application. Of course its not the best way to go on a Turbo car but for a guy running a B16 civic with bolt ons and maybe some Engine managment and has his car into high 14's why not throw in a 50 shot? Its safe and easy and it can add a nice burst of power. But its just as a said its gotta be for the right application...
Team Martuned

02 Porsche Boxster S

Sold - 96 TSi AWD - GT30-11, AEM EMS, 860cc, W/I, all Custom SS pipes, ACT XD, Shep Stage 3

Offline Anthony Binga

NOS on stock 2g
« Reply #25 on: May 10, 2005, 09:35:31 pm »
Quote from: "lance torkos"
:shock: Your crasy!! Nos is one of the last things to put into your engine.

You need to ask yourself what are you trying to accomplish? passing speed or show?

The other thing is that you have to put in a roll bar or the fuzz will make you get an inspection and tow your car immediatly! NOS is illegal on street cars and you'll pay the price if you get the wrong cop, worse if you get into an accident without a rollbar and one of the tanks/lines could rupsure and car goes BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOM!!!!!!!!!!!!! remember fast and the furious! :cry:

NOS can be fun if it is used right with the right mods but if i were you i would only put the tanks in when going to the track.

IMO I would never put nos into my car as i love it and wouldn't want to take a chance of blowing it up.

Wrong, Nitrous is legal to transport in a automotive vehicle. If it is in a commercial vehicle then you are required to have a lisence
992 Eagle Talon

Offline Mike Schmid

NOS on stock 2g
« Reply #26 on: May 10, 2005, 10:17:55 pm »
http://www.nitrousexpress.com/Pages/Ntercooler.htm

http://www.holley.com/HiOctn/ProdLine/Products/NOS/NOSCA/Ntimidator.htm

Get those and you'll get all the showy stuff you want with none of the danger.  The second one shoots the big clouds out by your wipers.  Your car won't be fast enough to beat Vin Diesel but you'll look just as cool!!!

If you want to be fast enough to beat Vin and get the girls, you're going to need:

http://www.holley.com/HiOctn/ProdLine/Products/NOS/NOSNS/SC2.html

or

http://www.holley.com/HiOctn/ProdLine/Products/NOS/NOSNS/SC.html

Just choose how much horsepower you want.  It's really easy to install yourself too.  Here's a good helper:

http://www.dsm.org/tools/calchp.htm

Your car weighs about 3400lbs.  So put that in and the 1/4 mile time you want to run, lets say 12s.  That means you need about 389hp.  You already have 210hp, so 389hp-210hp = 179hp from your NOS kit.  Make it 200hp shot of nitrous to be safe and you should be running easy 12 second 1/4 miles.

Disclaimer: I've never used nitrous but I bench race every weekend and watch alot of movies.  You do not need nor should you use nitrous in a stock DSM.  You deserve whatever you get.  I cannot be held responsible for the outcome.  
DSMs - fun when they run

'92 TSi AWD AT - 180bhp
'93 TSi AWD - 195bhp
'90 Laser RS NT - *sold*
'71 Camaro - *sold*

Offline Aaron Moore

NOS on stock 2g
« Reply #27 on: May 10, 2005, 10:47:50 pm »
Quote from: "Robin Toor"
....or

And why the hell do you want to put a NOS tank in your car for rice? People are just going to laugh at you.

Too late.

Way, way, way too late.
2 TSI AWD 16G
95 TSI AWD GROUND BLINGER
98 SPYDER EVO 16G
99 GS400 PIMPED TO THE MAX
2005 300C up and on....

Offline Neil Fowlie

nos
« Reply #28 on: May 10, 2005, 11:05:13 pm »
if you have a fake nos can in your back

someone will smash your window to steal it

always hide things

Offline Kimyee Lai

NOS on stock 2g
« Reply #29 on: May 10, 2005, 11:20:17 pm »
Why even bother getting a real NOS tank?  Just get an old scuba tank, paint it blue, and slap a NOS sticker on there.  

I'm about ready to close this thread, and I suspect so is Chris :).