Author Topic: NOS on stock 2g  (Read 1774 times)

Andy Tong

NOS on stock 2g
« on: May 10, 2005, 10:46:39 am »
I wanted to get some NOS into my ride and see how the experts on bc dsm gave anything to say about this. I'm currently running on stock engine and I wanted nos badly but if i get a complete kit ready install. what esle do i needed to do to my ride/engine?

Offline Andrew Steele

• http://www.bcdsm.org
NOS on stock 2g
« Reply #1 on: May 10, 2005, 10:52:40 am »
A) turn down the boost
B) go with a wet kit - fogger system with big bottles, two of them
C) 75 shot nozzles - any larger and you might lose your floor pans
D) upgrade to a tubular exh mani to help prevent manifold damage

Good luck - you'll probably blow your engine up, but it'll be a good learning experience and you'll have fun. (throwin nitrous on a turbo charged car, is something only the pro's can do and get away with.)
1999.5 Audi A4 2.8L Quattro Tip
1994 Eagle Talon (SOLD)
1993 Eagle Talon TSi AWD (SOLD)

Offline Matt Demick

NOS on stock 2g
« Reply #2 on: May 10, 2005, 10:54:28 am »
YO Boi! That NOS shit is WACK! Not the greatest idea for hp homeboy. NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOS = BOOM! and you'll blow ur mannafold then ur floor will fall out. Did u not watch Fast Furious?
0' Eagle Talon TSI AWD, JDM 4G63 6/4 Bolt,DSM LINK, X-treme FMIC, 16G/20G Hybrid, Tial BOV, MBC @22psi, 255 Walbro, GM Maf, 680 injectors, WEB 264 Cams, SS Header, 2.5" TurboBack with O2 Elliminator, Tail 38mm External Waste Gate, Fidanza flywheel, ACT 2600 race clutch, and Fidanza Race Shifter

Andy Tong

NOS on stock 2g
« Reply #3 on: May 10, 2005, 11:13:13 am »
Quote from: "Matt Demick"
YO Boi! That NOS shit is WACK! Not the greatest idea for hp homeboy. NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOS = BOOM! and you'll blow ur mannafold then ur floor will fall out. Did u not watch Fast Furious?

haha Matt, he forced his nos in a dangerious level.. that's why the floor fell off

Andy Tong

NOS on stock 2g
« Reply #4 on: May 10, 2005, 11:16:10 am »
Quote from: "Andrew Steele"
A) turn down the boost
B) go with a wet kit - fogger system with big bottles, two of them
C) 75 shot nozzles - any larger and you might lose your floor pans
D) upgrade to a tubular exh mani to help prevent manifold damage

Good luck - you'll probably blow your engine up, but it'll be a good learning experience and you'll have fun. (throwin nitrous on a turbo charged car, is something only the pro's can do and get away with.)

good thing we have this expert around, i saw this guy selling Zexdry Kit. do you think I should go for it?

http://www.revscene.net/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=294478
http://www.revscene.net/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=295629
http://www.revscene.net/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=294435

Offline lance torkos

• http://imageautostyling.com
NOS on stock 2g
« Reply #5 on: May 10, 2005, 11:18:07 am »
:shock: Your crasy!! Nos is one of the last things to put into your engine.

You need to ask yourself what are you trying to accomplish? passing speed or show?

The other thing is that you have to put in a roll bar or the fuzz will make you get an inspection and tow your car immediatly! NOS is illegal on street cars and you'll pay the price if you get the wrong cop, worse if you get into an accident without a rollbar and one of the tanks/lines could rupsure and car goes BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOM!!!!!!!!!!!!! remember fast and the furious! :cry:

NOS can be fun if it is used right with the right mods but if i were you i would only put the tanks in when going to the track.

IMO I would never put nos into my car as i love it and wouldn't want to take a chance of blowing it up.
008 lancer gts
90 tsi -parts depository!!!
Ummm..I'm lovin it!

Andy Tong

NOS on stock 2g
« Reply #6 on: May 10, 2005, 11:48:15 am »
Quote from: "lance torkos"
:shock: Your crasy!! Nos is one of the last things to put into your engine.

You need to ask yourself what are you trying to accomplish? passing speed or show?

The other thing is that you have to put in a roll bar or the fuzz will make you get an inspection and tow your car immediatly! NOS is illegal on street cars and you'll pay the price if you get the wrong cop, worse if you get into an accident without a rollbar and one of the tanks/lines could rupsure and car goes BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOM!!!!!!!!!!!!! remember fast and the furious! :cry:

NOS can be fun if it is used right with the right mods but if i were you i would only put the tanks in when going to the track.

IMO I would never put nos into my car as i love it and wouldn't want to take a chance of blowing it up.

it's legals these days, i heard!

Offline lance torkos

• http://imageautostyling.com
NOS on stock 2g
« Reply #7 on: May 10, 2005, 12:05:42 pm »
Do what you will, just be careful. Have someone that knows what they are doing install that shiz! :)

You should check out what the restrictions are for it then, as to what you need to make it legal. It is not illegal to sell nos kits or to buy them, it's illegal to run it in your street car. I suggest you call your local police to find out, before you run into trouble.

Good luck!! Don't blow yourself up!! :roll:
008 lancer gts
90 tsi -parts depository!!!
Ummm..I'm lovin it!

Offline Ryan Coft

• Administrator
  • Retired!
NOS on stock 2g
« Reply #8 on: May 10, 2005, 12:13:37 pm »
Good Sir,

Following is the only NOS product you should use on your stock 2G.

Thanks,
~The BCDSM guys who know everything

Offline Robin Toor

• http://bcdsm.labattz.com/Robin%20Ride/featured_ride.htm
NOS on stock 2g
« Reply #9 on: May 10, 2005, 12:46:54 pm »
Get back to work Coft :P

And Mr. Tong, NOS is the biggest waste of time on a stock 2g. You can invest $2000 on a nice wet 75 shot NOS system to gain 75hp that will blow up your motor the first time you use it, or you can get a bigger turbo for $1000 and add 100hp that will last you forever and won't blow up your motor.

NOS on turbo vehicles is only used by people who have strong built up motors and are maxing out there turbo capabilities, and need the NOS to spool up the gigantic turbo they have to help the dyno over 1000whp and run 8 second 1/4 mile times. NOS on a non-turbo motor is an ok idea since non-turbo motors are hopeless and need all the help they can get, but don't get NOS on your turbo car, just doesn't make any sense. And no, NOS is not cool. I don't care how much power you are putting into a car, your floorpan doesn't fall off.  :roll:

Offline Martin Raska

• http://www.FormulaUBC.com
NOS on stock 2g
« Reply #10 on: May 10, 2005, 12:53:38 pm »
Andy, I think for you're application you are better suited to a upgraded turbo and turning up the boost.  Doing this will forced more oxygen into your cylinders, which is what nitrous oxide injection systems do as well.
url=www.paypal.com/xclick/business=martin%40raska.net&item_name=Martin+Raska+is+a+swell+guy&no_note=1&tax=0&currency_code=USD]Now accepting donations![/url]

Offline Andreas Zervas

« Reply #11 on: May 10, 2005, 01:26:42 pm »
Andy dont listen to them. They dont want you to have a faster car then them. Buy it. And get the 250shot of NOZZZZZ double your hp with the  flick of a switch.
2.4L gt42r AWD spyder

Offline Neil Fowlie

nos
« Reply #12 on: May 10, 2005, 01:44:56 pm »
where did you hear NOS was legal in street cars

If you ever get pulled over for speeding and you have a NOS bottle
proudly displayed in your car, the cop will have a field day

for the money your going to waste

get the following
turboback exhaust
14b-16g
1g bov
fuel pump
boost gauge
and boost controller

getting these all used is pretty easy
and should run you probably in the $1000 range
even new would be low $2000s
with more power
and power all the time.

plus you will have parts you can sell if you ever want
you wont be able to sell a used NOS kit that easy

Offline Ryan Coft

• Administrator
  • Retired!
Re: nos
« Reply #13 on: May 10, 2005, 02:06:39 pm »
Quote from: "Neil Fowlie"
where did you hear NOS was legal in street cars

If you ever get pulled over for speeding and you have a NOS bottle
proudly displayed in your car, the cop will have a field day

for the money your going to waste

get the following
turboback exhaust
14b-16g
1g bov
fuel pump
boost gauge
and boost controller

getting these all used is pretty easy
and should run you probably in the $1000 range
even new would be low $2000s
with more power
and power all the time.

plus you will have parts you can sell if you ever want
you wont be able to sell a used NOS kit that easy

mmm great wisdom beyond his 57 posts he shows yes....

~Yoda

Offline Jovan Ceklaj

NOS on stock 2g
« Reply #14 on: May 10, 2005, 02:11:57 pm »
Quote from: "Robin Toor"
your floorpan doesn't fall off.  :roll:

This is a common misconception.  If you looked at the structural integrity of any unibody car, the floor pans are more often than not checkerplate that is installed afterwards for ease of manufacturing.  When you make a lot of power with something like a turbo, the whole unibody takes the load and it slightly twists.  This is, however, not the case when you have NOS, LOL.  The big difference is that the molecules of NOS have such high momentum that they can escape the manifold and can hit the firewall at wierd angles.  If it hits it at approximately 34.68 degrees, it will cause the unibody to hit it's natural frequency and shake that poor checkerplate off.  This also causes the valuable green washers to drop out of your dash.  Those are what cause your manifold to become volatile.

Don't let anyone tell you differently.  I'm an engineer, I know how these things work and I DEFINETLY wouldn't steer anyone wrong, ever.

As a side note, I strongly recommend you rip out your carpet to expose the checkerplate underneath.  Don't be afraid to just rip it up, as you won't need it anymore.
 1989 Nissan 240sx (daily POS/autocross slut)
- '92 6/4 bolt Tsi AWD 5 spd. (Burned to the ground!)