Author Topic: My car  (Read 2997 times)

Offline Trevor Robinson

My car
« Reply #15 on: November 12, 2005, 12:20:52 pm »
Very Very nice indeed....

Is that the same red as the car because if it is it will look awsome!!

I like the red block with the red lettering on the valve cover kinda sets the whole engine off.
rowing old is mandatory, growing up is optional!!

Offline Mike Schmid

My car
« Reply #16 on: November 12, 2005, 12:52:25 pm »
Car is black.  I was going for a muscle car look.  Bright coloured engine in an otherwise black/grey/polished engine bay.  

I'm working on a few things to really simplify the engine bay, get rid of alot of hoses and wires and at the same time make it easier to work on and hopefully more reliable.  I hate it when you pop the hood and you can't even see the iron underneath all the plumbing and wiring junk.  

Current status is manifolds and turbo on, a little bit of fabrication/wiring/plumbing to do and I'll be able to drop it in.  I'll post detailed pics of the whole buildup when it's in.   :twisted:
DSMs - fun when they run

'92 TSi AWD AT - 180bhp
'93 TSi AWD - 195bhp
'90 Laser RS NT - *sold*
'71 Camaro - *sold*

Offline Wayne Wright

My car
« Reply #17 on: November 12, 2005, 12:55:43 pm »
I agree Ivan, I'm the exact same way, I removed my AC, CC and all emission lines when I had my engine out and it's a great improvement, doing the ABS in the next two weeks when my new parts go in.

Nice work Mike. :thumbs:

Offline Michi Akimoto

My car
« Reply #18 on: November 12, 2005, 08:21:00 pm »
I'm impressed by your passion and effort to the project.  I also enjoy your precise technical advice to the members on the board, too.   It is becoming a muscle car look :beer: , kool,  Best,

Offline Andrew Steele

• http://www.bcdsm.org
My car
« Reply #19 on: November 14, 2005, 02:36:04 pm »
BAH

it's ugly, will break w/in 10 min of driving it, and it'll still be slow coz it's an autotragic!

Is my jealousy showing thru yet?  :evil:

Lookin damn sweet, Mike. when she's ALL done, photo-op and Featured Ride time!  Keep up the good work buddy.
1999.5 Audi A4 2.8L Quattro Tip
1994 Eagle Talon (SOLD)
1993 Eagle Talon TSi AWD (SOLD)

Offline Scott Girvin

My car
« Reply #20 on: November 14, 2005, 04:22:51 pm »
Looking good Mike. Very saucey.  :thumbs:

Great means of planning....behind your engine I see you have your official DSM alternative means of transportation..

Offline Andrew Scott

My car
« Reply #21 on: November 14, 2005, 06:31:32 pm »
As a side note:

I really like the DSM ABS system.

Driving a car now without ABS, I can definetly say that I miss even the oldschool DSM ABS system, even on the track. Actually, especially the DSM ABS system. It worked very well compared to a lot of systems I have used in the past.

My stopping distances now are are a lot longer than cars with even rudimentary ABS systems, and I wouldn't call myself a slouch at threshold braking.
Parked: 1989 240sx - Esso 87 octane, Superstore generic 10w30, Japanese automatic climate control, Pioneer AVIC-Z3 navagation, Tien Flex Coilovers, Poly bushings, R34 Brakes (front and rear), Cusco tri-point strut braces (front+rear), 1998 tail lights, rear+side valance, adjustable toe and camber arms, cusco sway bars, helical rear diff, Volk TE37s - For sale!
Daily: 2008 BMW M3 DCT

Offline Andrew Scott

My car
« Reply #22 on: November 14, 2005, 06:34:12 pm »
And mike, you're a freaking animal  :twisted:
Parked: 1989 240sx - Esso 87 octane, Superstore generic 10w30, Japanese automatic climate control, Pioneer AVIC-Z3 navagation, Tien Flex Coilovers, Poly bushings, R34 Brakes (front and rear), Cusco tri-point strut braces (front+rear), 1998 tail lights, rear+side valance, adjustable toe and camber arms, cusco sway bars, helical rear diff, Volk TE37s - For sale!
Daily: 2008 BMW M3 DCT

Offline Kevin Park

My car
« Reply #23 on: December 03, 2005, 01:29:57 am »
Wow, looks good. I'm diggin the red engine!

Offline Mike_Szmigielski

• http://www.cardomain.com/ride/552920
My car
« Reply #24 on: December 03, 2005, 10:11:41 am »
oh shiiiiiiiiet!!!!!  8)  8)
looks HOT!
i like it ALOT!  :D
looks like you've put alot of time into your car!
more pictures!!! :D
keep it up man!  8)
cheers!
ife truely sucks....... enless you're rich

Offline Mike Schmid

My car
« Reply #25 on: December 16, 2005, 12:52:53 am »
Major time into this thing.  Luckily I had a good start thanks to Mr. Lore.   :D

I'm finally... finally mocking up the last few things and that means maybe in a month I'll have the engine back in... then I can start on the interior   :roll:

The part that really scares me is that even tho I'm neck deep in this project car I keep thinking about the next one...  :?
DSMs - fun when they run

'92 TSi AWD AT - 180bhp
'93 TSi AWD - 195bhp
'90 Laser RS NT - *sold*
'71 Camaro - *sold*