Author Topic: VIN plate locations.  (Read 523 times)

Offline Wayne Wright

VIN plate locations.
« on: April 24, 2005, 11:33:16 pm »
Where are all the VIN numbers located on our cars. I know of the Dash, door Jam, and engine. Is there any others?

Thanks

Wayne

Offline Matthew Giene

VIN plate locations.
« Reply #1 on: April 25, 2005, 04:22:39 pm »
Is there  not one on the Firewall?  I know I had a DSM Sticker on the Firewall that listed VIN.
Matthew Giene
2001 Infiniti QX4 (I'm a BALLER Baby)
1996 4Runner Limited (RIP)
1991 TSi AWD (US Model) (RIP)
1991 TSi AWD (RIP)
1990 ESi (Sold a long time ago)

Offline Wayne Wright

VIN plate locations.
« Reply #2 on: April 25, 2005, 04:31:16 pm »
Yeh, well see I'm posting cause I'm a little worried. I bought a shell from a BCDSM'er Van, towed it back, and realized it didn't have the VIN plate on the inner door jam. The shell came with no interior cause the guy need it for his car, and I have my own interior. And, being as it's a shell it has no engine, so I'm kinda like oh shit wtf am I going to do kinda thing.

Is there anyone on here who can do VIN checks for me, I sadly,(and really) don't have the 25$ to do it, somone's got to have connections.

OOOOH FIREWALL, I just re-read that properly, one sec I'll go check. :oops:

Offline Wayne Wright

VIN plate locations.
« Reply #3 on: April 25, 2005, 04:45:48 pm »
Ok, so I checked my Laser, and what do yeh know, your right. The Talon (the car in concern) is parked in Nanaimo at a buddies, he's going call me back after he checks if it's there or not, *fingers crossed*.

Thanks for the help.

Offline Wayne Wright

VIN plate locations.
« Reply #4 on: April 25, 2005, 04:58:48 pm »
Ok, looks like the plate is there, along with the matchin number on the old insurance papers.  :D

Does anyone know anything about this kind of stuff, is there anyway I could run into troubles only have one vin on the firewall? Or should I be ok as long as I don't get VI'ed or anything?

Offline Matthew Giene

VIN plate locations.
« Reply #5 on: April 26, 2005, 08:36:47 am »
If I remember corectly, The VI division of ICBC can assign a new VIN.  They had to do this to my dads truck when it got stolen/striped.
Matthew Giene
2001 Infiniti QX4 (I'm a BALLER Baby)
1996 4Runner Limited (RIP)
1991 TSi AWD (US Model) (RIP)
1991 TSi AWD (RIP)
1990 ESi (Sold a long time ago)

Offline Wayne Wright

VIN plate locations.
« Reply #6 on: April 26, 2005, 04:41:30 pm »
Ok, that's good to know, the original VIN is still on the firewall abd old papers, but no where else, so hopefully I shall be alright.

Thanks Matthew.