Author Topic: B2K Datalogger interface  (Read 1858 times)

Offline Andrew Scott

B2K Datalogger interface
« on: April 22, 2003, 07:09:14 pm »
Did anyone grab one of these from ebay or from dsm.ca? From Martin Sandish.

I got mine the other day, hooked it up, and no logging :( I'm gunna see if he will replace it.

I've only tested it with palm'n'stien, anyone on the island have pocketlogger?

Andrew
Parked: 1989 240sx - Esso 87 octane, Superstore generic 10w30, Japanese automatic climate control, Pioneer AVIC-Z3 navagation, Tien Flex Coilovers, Poly bushings, R34 Brakes (front and rear), Cusco tri-point strut braces (front+rear), 1998 tail lights, rear+side valance, adjustable toe and camber arms, cusco sway bars, helical rear diff, Volk TE37s - For sale!
Daily: 2008 BMW M3 DCT

Offline Andrew Scott

B2K Datalogger interface
« Reply #1 on: April 22, 2003, 11:08:11 pm »
Also, I wouldn't mind testing this on someone elses car, so if anyone on the island wants to try to log a run or two, drop me a line

richter@uvic.ca

if you have a palm and serial cable, all the better!
Parked: 1989 240sx - Esso 87 octane, Superstore generic 10w30, Japanese automatic climate control, Pioneer AVIC-Z3 navagation, Tien Flex Coilovers, Poly bushings, R34 Brakes (front and rear), Cusco tri-point strut braces (front+rear), 1998 tail lights, rear+side valance, adjustable toe and camber arms, cusco sway bars, helical rear diff, Volk TE37s - For sale!

Offline Jeremy Clarke

• http://www.westcostdsm.ca
B2K Datalogger interface
« Reply #2 on: April 23, 2003, 02:15:37 am »
MEMEMEMEMEMEMEMEMEMEMEMEMEMEMEME :D

I don't have either but I'm a willing guinea pig.
My car will be on the road again soon too.

As far as your problem is concerned, are you using the software provided free by the B2K guy? His cable may not work with other software.

Offline Andrew Scott

B2K Datalogger interface
« Reply #3 on: April 23, 2003, 03:22:12 am »
Quote from: "Jeremy Clarke"
MEMEMEMEMEMEMEMEMEMEMEMEMEMEMEME :D

I don't have either but I'm a willing guinea pig.
My car will be on the road again soon too.

As far as your problem is concerned, are you using the software provided free by the B2K guy? His cable may not work with other software.

Well Jeremy, better sooner than later, since I'm moving back to Vancouver at the end of the month.

I tried using Pocketlogger and Palm'N'Stien, both of which he says are compatable with his cable.

When do you think your car will be on the road again?

Offline Jeremy Clarke

• http://www.westcostdsm.ca
B2K Datalogger interface
« Reply #4 on: April 23, 2003, 11:25:45 am »
I'm hoping to have the belt done and IC on by Monday. Would that be too late. I will PM you my list of Island DSM contacts. There are a couple others in Vic that may be able to help you.

Offline Vlad Busta

• http://www.members.tripod.com/Busta-bc
B2K Datalogger interface
« Reply #5 on: April 23, 2003, 01:29:15 pm »
Hey there Andrew, has your car been logged with the TMO datalogger?  If so then a pin on the diagnostic connector will have to be switched.  I've had problems with Will's car and later found out that the pin was switched when Lowell logged it with the TMO logger.

Later, Vlad.
all go, no show!

Offline Andrew Scott

B2K Datalogger interface
« Reply #6 on: April 23, 2003, 02:20:31 pm »
Monday would be fine... I'll PM you my cell number, and you can give me a call. I contacted the guy, and he said I could send it back, he'll test it, and if it still won't work, he'll send me a working one.

And Vlad, I'm not sure if it has ever been logged with the TMO logger, but it seemed like all the pins were in the right place, as per the instructions of the guy who made it... It isn't a plug for the diagnostic port, just leads you attach to a couple of the pins.

Offline Jovan Ceklaj

B2K Datalogger interface
« Reply #7 on: April 23, 2003, 06:46:16 pm »
Andrew, what palm are you using? there are some that just aren't compatible with the Palm'n'stein software.

Has anybody here had these cables working? I put in an order for one as well, haven't got it yet, but this makes me a little nervous :?
 1989 Nissan 240sx (daily POS/autocross slut)
- '92 6/4 bolt Tsi AWD 5 spd. (Burned to the ground!)

Offline Fraser Cassells

• Ass-engined Nazi-mobile owner, cause i'm too good for DSM's now
B2K Datalogger interface
« Reply #8 on: April 23, 2003, 08:32:36 pm »
I picked up one, thankfully it works fine. A little on the large side as far as the cct board goes, but nicer than I would have made.
1990 AWD Talon, Cumulative 432WHP parts depository...soldinated!
2008 911 Turbo
2014 Audi S4
2011 Ducati Hypermotard

Offline Andrew Scott

B2K Datalogger interface
« Reply #9 on: April 24, 2003, 03:28:47 pm »
I've tried using Palm'N'Stien and Pocketlogger, and neither of them connect.

Also, when I connect the box, my "Anti-Lock" light comes on. I know this happens with most cables, but the guy was saying that his is an auto on/off design, so it wouldn't do that.

Fraser, does yours do that?

Offline Fraser Cassells

B2K Datalogger interface
« Reply #10 on: April 24, 2003, 07:43:40 pm »
No antilock  :P  It sounds like you got a bum cable.
2008 911 Turbo
2014 Audi S4
2011 Ducati Hypermotard

Offline Jovan Ceklaj

B2K Datalogger interface
« Reply #11 on: April 30, 2003, 02:26:12 pm »
well I just got my cable today, and mine doesn't seem to log either.  I don't have ABS, so I don't have a light to turn on like Andrew's.  I'm using Palm'n'Stein on a T-series Sony Clie and no dice here.   Since I have basically the same problem, I don't think there is anything wrong with the cables themselves.

Any suggestions anyone?

Jovan

Offline Andrew Scott

B2K Datalogger interface
« Reply #12 on: April 30, 2003, 09:20:08 pm »
Well, I'm sending mine back to him this week, and he's going to test it for me, and send me a tested working one if its bunk.
He seems like a good guy, so I doubt he'll try to pull a scam on me.

Offline Fraser Cassells

B2K Datalogger interface
« Reply #13 on: April 30, 2003, 10:47:53 pm »
Hals Tunerstein will only work on Palm brand hardware he says, with an operating system of 3.5 or newer. If his solf ware works on any other devices he says "fine" but its not designed for that.  :) . borrow a palm from some desk nerd at work and try it.
2008 911 Turbo
2014 Audi S4
2011 Ducati Hypermotard

Offline Jovan Ceklaj

B2K Datalogger interface
« Reply #14 on: May 01, 2003, 02:22:12 pm »
Sony is too cheap to make software themselves, it uses Palm software.  For me, the program works fine, I can do the test runs and fool around with the software, when it comes time to log, everything is just flatlined. :?

I'll try the cable on someones laptop then

Jovan