Author Topic: Looking for a pic of a 1ga with a 1gb spoiler.  (Read 3284 times)

Offline Wayne Wright

Looking for a pic of a 1ga with a 1gb spoiler.
« on: April 03, 2005, 11:38:26 pm »
Hey guys,

I'm seriously considering pickin up a 1gb spoiler for my 91 talon. I really don't have a liking for the 1ga spoiler/shelf thing. :oops:  :wink:

But I think the 1gb ones look very nice.
Just wondering if any know of a pic of this, just so I can get an idea of what it would look like, and how hard it would be to do. I thinkin just drill a few holes, and cover up a few others.

Thanks

Wayne

Offline Matt Demick

« Reply #1 on: April 03, 2005, 11:48:50 pm »
One member on the site has this done that i know of. here is her car. hope she don't mind me posting this :P

http://groups.msn.com/LadnerBC/shoebox.msnw?action=ShowPhoto&PhotoID=89
0' Eagle Talon TSI AWD, JDM 4G63 6/4 Bolt,DSM LINK, X-treme FMIC, 16G/20G Hybrid, Tial BOV, MBC @22psi, 255 Walbro, GM Maf, 680 injectors, WEB 264 Cams, SS Header, 2.5" TurboBack with O2 Elliminator, Tail 38mm External Waste Gate, Fidanza flywheel, ACT 2600 race clutch, and Fidanza Race Shifter

Offline Martin Raska

• http://www.FormulaUBC.com
url=www.paypal.com/xclick/business=martin%40raska.net&item_name=Martin+Raska+is+a+swell+guy&no_note=1&tax=0&currency_code=USD]Now accepting donations![/url]

Offline Wayne Wright

« Reply #3 on: April 04, 2005, 12:37:57 am »
I saw that, and had to scan through a few more out of curiousity.

It was a devistating moment...almost brought a tear to my eye. Who's Talon was that and wtf happened?

Back on topic, that pic didn't look like what I was expecting, is there two different types of 1gb spoiler, or maybe it's that its red, and the car is black, probably look alot better color matched.

?

Graeme Shaw

« Reply #4 on: April 04, 2005, 12:40:27 am »
It's just that Lydnsey's car is black and teh spoiler is red.  Same style spoiler.

FYI, there is a different 1Gb spoiler, but it's the Laser one--kind of like a civic spoiler.

Offline Wayne Wright

« Reply #5 on: April 04, 2005, 12:43:49 am »
Hmm, do you recall which spoile Mark has on his FWD? I just remember that when I saw his car, I actually liked the spoiler. Although all the 1g spoilers are starting to grow on me.

Any one else got any pics?

Offline Marty van den Bosch

• http://martyvandenbosch.fotopic.net/
« Reply #6 on: April 04, 2005, 07:35:49 am »
Quote from: "Martin Raska"
What happened here?

http://groups.msn.com/LadnerBC/shoebox.msnw?action=ShowPhoto&PhotoID=96

Paging Mr. Demik....
991 Plymouth Laser FWD
12.0 @ 121.7mph

Offline Matt Demick

« Reply #7 on: April 04, 2005, 11:01:54 am »
That happened about this time last year. My first FWD Talon was written off by a Trans AM. there was a post about it. but i was pulling off of delta port to meet up with Jarred and Lyndsy and some kid speeding at about 150k ( sene invesigators report ) tried to pass me on the right ripping the front of my car off. he then did a 180 and did 200 meters in reverse into oncoming trafic, ramped the railroad tracks and skided along them a few meters. my car was still running some how and i pulled it off the road.

He was deemed at fault by ICBC and i got $5300 for my car and my car back. Lyndsy found me a 90 AWD turbo talon for $2000 from a member on here selling. so after some time and effort i have the car i have today. rims off the old car, JDM motor out of the old car, the 16G Evo turbo was damaged so the guys at Kinetic did me a huge favor and slaped 20G center cartridge in her. I am much farther ahead now than i was before with my car just took a lot of my time and effort. This car now is all me everything on it was done and built and installed my me. from exhasust, turbo, motor, injectors, f/p, SAFC II, FMIC, rims, inteerer, BOV and i could go on and on.

PS no one was hurt in this accident though i almost choked the little bastard. It was easy to win my case when i had to 2 witness's 15 feet away. Was hard getting behind the wheel again, but i love to drive too much so it didn't last long :D
0' Eagle Talon TSI AWD, JDM 4G63 6/4 Bolt,DSM LINK, X-treme FMIC, 16G/20G Hybrid, Tial BOV, MBC @22psi, 255 Walbro, GM Maf, 680 injectors, WEB 264 Cams, SS Header, 2.5" TurboBack with O2 Elliminator, Tail 38mm External Waste Gate, Fidanza flywheel, ACT 2600 race clutch, and Fidanza Race Shifter

Offline Mike Meron

« Reply #8 on: April 04, 2005, 01:11:05 pm »
all you eh???
hehehh

Offline Martin Raska

• http://www.FormulaUBC.com
« Reply #9 on: April 04, 2005, 01:55:55 pm »
Ouch, good thing everybody is fine that looks like it could have been a lot worse.
url=www.paypal.com/xclick/business=martin%40raska.net&item_name=Martin+Raska+is+a+swell+guy&no_note=1&tax=0&currency_code=USD]Now accepting donations![/url]

Offline Matt Demick

« Reply #10 on: April 04, 2005, 03:52:31 pm »
Worse oh hell ya but it wasn't so life goes on. And yes Mike did help he in my time of need. Even driving me to Aldergrove Wreckers for a new flywheel for me. Huge props to a awesome guy.

But hey back on top for Wayne here

Offline Wayne Wright

« Reply #11 on: April 04, 2005, 04:39:25 pm »
Haha, it's ok guys, I wanted to hear the story as well.

On that note about Mike being a great guy, I have a WTB in the parts store for an AWD 6 bolt flywheel right now. I'm on the island, but a friend is going to van on friday, and is going to pick up a bellhousing from Graeme's house, so if someone could be so kind to maybe grab one from this aldergrove place for me, and maybe drop it off at Graeme's ? What do they go for? If no one lives within a good general range of either place, then it's all good, although I have no idea where that wrecker is.

Anways, back on topic, anyone else got any pics or info of this spoiler swap?

Thanks

Wayne

Offline Mike Meron

« Reply #12 on: April 06, 2005, 09:24:36 pm »
dude my gas to go to aldergrove and back to graeme's would cost as much as a flywheel.

Offline Wayne Wright

« Reply #13 on: April 06, 2005, 11:16:07 pm »
Haha, sorry I don't know your location, or the location Aldergrove, but either way It's all good, I managed to find one for 75 $ at wrecker not to far away.  :D

Does anyone else have any other pics?

Thanks

Wayne

Offline Wayne Wright

Another pic request.
« Reply #14 on: April 09, 2005, 02:52:33 pm »
I love the 1g Talon front end, but not so fond of the rear, however I like the Laser rear's, so I was thinking of puttin my 91 Laser bumper onto my 91 Talon. Should be a direct bolt on eh?.

Anyone know anyone who's done this, or have a pic?

Thanks

Wayne