Author Topic: timing belt problem  (Read 789 times)

chad macpherson

timing belt problem
« Reply #15 on: December 29, 2004, 10:38:46 am »
well first off the warrenty is up on the engine.  when i had to replace the engine i was kind of stuck and needed a car, and i was not yet a DSM member so i did not have the inside line on where to go for the deals.

mike that is a mechanic shop that sells cars.  one of the mechanics that works there has worked on my car ever since i bought the car.  i had taken it to a different mechanic once to replace the timming belt and they bent all the valves in the head.  so i went back to him to get work done.

as for selling the car i am still thinking on it cause i can not see my self with out it, but at the same time i can not see myself keep dumping money into it any more.  i think 11,000 in 2 years is enought.  if i sell it i was thinking $3500 as is but again i am not sure if i am going to sell it.

Offline Mike Schmid

timing belt problem
« Reply #16 on: December 29, 2004, 10:42:17 am »
Oh, I didn't realize they were a mechanic shop too.  I just saw it out front and figured it was for sale.  Well, good luck on whatever you end up doing with the car.
DSMs - fun when they run

'92 TSi AWD AT - 180bhp
'93 TSi AWD - 195bhp
'90 Laser RS NT - *sold*
'71 Camaro - *sold*

Offline ozziechan

timing belt problem
« Reply #17 on: December 29, 2004, 07:29:10 pm »
when my T-belt broke,

I got a new head off ebay, it was cheap, like 200 bucks,
and it worked, turns out though, it had leaky valve seals, I mean it cost me another 75 for the new seals, and whatever for the new T-belt, but still a lot better then 4500.

just gotta be willing to get the hands a lil greasy :)