Author Topic: ECU Questions!  (Read 1646 times)

Erica Schulz

ECU Questions!
« Reply #30 on: April 26, 2004, 09:58:27 am »
The trany has a switch installed in it that detects reverse gear, to install it in another position for another gear would be a nightmare to say the least.

With the 4 fuel maps, you can make one for aircare, street, strip...ect.  all you have to do is press a button to change maps. pretty cool I think :)

Offline Andrew Scott

ECU Questions!
« Reply #31 on: April 26, 2004, 10:28:25 am »
Quote from: "JamieSibley"
It's a number of things that are real piss-offs

The whole chip is a 8 bit core, all serial comm's, math, timing is 8 bit internaly.  Trying to do 32 bit math gets killer.

Unlike the 68hc11, I'm using a chip without any hardware divide support, so an division that would normaly take 5 clock cycles, now takes 200.

But the payoff..   All instructions are single clock cycle, and a 20mhz clock, 2 pwm channels, 4 timers, 64k of eeprom, usart, spi, i2c...   picmicro's are the best.

Yeah, I did alot of work with the HC11, and it has alot of work arounds. ie. 16 bit registers, and hardware support for 16 bit math. Makes doing 32 bit math just that much easier.
Parked: 1989 240sx - Esso 87 octane, Superstore generic 10w30, Japanese automatic climate control, Pioneer AVIC-Z3 navagation, Tien Flex Coilovers, Poly bushings, R34 Brakes (front and rear), Cusco tri-point strut braces (front+rear), 1998 tail lights, rear+side valance, adjustable toe and camber arms, cusco sway bars, helical rear diff, Volk TE37s - For sale!
Daily: 2008 BMW M3 DCT