Author Topic: Tuning help wit SAFC.  (Read 497 times)

Offline Ernie Turner

Tuning help wit SAFC.
« on: January 29, 2004, 11:50:09 am »
When i installed my 550's and SAFC my car is now running not quite as good as it was b4.  I think this is pretty normal.  I put all the settings to 0 all around cause i thought it would be most close to stock.  But when i start the car is takes a while to fire up.. then fires up and has a horrible idle for a while.  Then straightens out and goes back to normal.
But then when i'm driving i can't go full boost.  It'll feel like really bad fuel cut (i'm only running 11psi).  It'll cut anywhere close to that.  So i can't give it anywhere close to full throttle.

So i was wondering if anyone has some good SAFC knowledge that wouldn't mind helping me out.  Maybe we could datalog my car so we know wats goin on.  Never had that kinda thing done b4.  If anyone would be able to meet up wit me to help wit this it would be appreciated.  Close to Richmond/Vancouverish type area would be great.  I would drive for a bit.. its all good to me.  In a perfect world Friday basically anytime would be great.

Thanx so much.. Ernie.
3 Subaru Impreza WRX - Rally Blue
91 Eagle Talon TSi FWD - Traded in.
14.1@101mph.

Offline Kevin Standeven

Tuning help wit SAFC.
« Reply #1 on: January 29, 2004, 12:07:15 pm »
if you plan on actually using the safc for tuning, I'm pretty sure you're going to need a logger. otherwise you can't monitor trims, knock, etc...and you're going to have a very hard time knowing when to lean it out or richen it up.

I'm in burnaby and have a logger, but I forgot my palm in Chiliwack. If you're still having this problem next week we can log it, but I have no knowledge of SAFC tuning :?
97 Talon AWD

Currently under the knife...

Offline Robin Toor

• http://bcdsm.labattz.com/Robin%20Ride/featured_ride.htm
Tuning help wit SAFC.
« Reply #2 on: January 29, 2004, 12:44:45 pm »
what type of fpr and fuel pump are you running? when my fpr was set at 35 it had the same problem that you are having...... when lowell boosted it up to 45 it ran awesome. Its also because all your trims are 0... you should talk to lowell, he can tune your car to run perfect in like 5 minutes.

how you liking the SAFC by the way? Is it working good for you?

Offline Jovan Ceklaj

Tuning help wit SAFC.
« Reply #3 on: January 29, 2004, 07:56:41 pm »
Ernie, if you need help tuning, I'd be happy to oblige.  I have a logger and an S-AFC, so I know what I'm doing.  Drop me a PM if you're interested

Jovan
 1989 Nissan 240sx (daily POS/autocross slut)
- '92 6/4 bolt Tsi AWD 5 spd. (Burned to the ground!)

Offline Marty van den Bosch

• http://martyvandenbosch.fotopic.net/
Tuning help wit SAFC.
« Reply #4 on: January 29, 2004, 08:39:59 pm »
Hey Eddie, I have a logger and a laptop.
I also work in Richmond.

If you want, we can hook up on my lunch and log you
991 Plymouth Laser FWD
12.0 @ 121.7mph

Offline Ernie Turner

Tuning help wit SAFC.
« Reply #5 on: January 30, 2004, 12:24:06 pm »
I'm gonna have to take you up on that Jovan.  You sounds like a good person to come to for this kinda stuff.  I can't do it today anymore so i'm gonna have to get back to you wit my schedule when we can arrange a time to do some tuning.

Thanx for all the replies.

Ernie.
3 Subaru Impreza WRX - Rally Blue
91 Eagle Talon TSi FWD - Traded in.
14.1@101mph.