Author Topic: gotta change my brakes soon  (Read 335 times)

Offline Milad Lari

gotta change my brakes soon
« on: January 13, 2004, 08:09:04 pm »
its almost time for me to change my front brake pads on my car...is it just another brake job like any other car pretty much?  anythin i should watch out for...?
ELL: (604) 763-3312

FS: Tan Convertible Soft Top Cover, 2G Knock Sensor(brand new), Ractive Indiglo Blue Boost Gauge(brand new), 2G OEM Black Power Mirrors

Offline Charn Gill

« Reply #1 on: January 13, 2004, 09:33:14 pm »
yaeh to get to the brakes you'll have to remover the wheels and the front bumper, as well as the headlights. some people even remove the side mout entirely to get better access to the brakes. :laugh:  :laugh:

j/k. yeah man, its like anyother simple brake changin procedure. --unless youve fucked your brakes.
95 GS-T ** 91 RX-7 ** 94 Civic Hatch. - B18-C ** 07 Dodge Nittro ** 90 Isuzu Impulse RS ** 98 Eclipse GS-T Spyder

We all own DSM's so clearly we like abusive relationships - Rob Armstrong

Offline Milad Lari

« Reply #2 on: January 13, 2004, 11:51:34 pm »
haha thx man
ELL: (604) 763-3312

FS: Tan Convertible Soft Top Cover, 2G Knock Sensor(brand new), Ractive Indiglo Blue Boost Gauge(brand new), 2G OEM Black Power Mirrors

Offline Trevor Robinson

« Reply #3 on: January 14, 2004, 01:38:27 am »
The only thing i would do is lube the slider's for the caliper's there is nothing to hate more than a sticky caliper, that and you can gain a bit of mileage.

I hate changing mom's brake pad's on her che(vette). especialy when the sliders where not lubed when they where off from the last pad change. = more frequent changes when the brakes are dragging.
rowing old is mandatory, growing up is optional!!

Offline Bobby Grewal

« Reply #4 on: January 14, 2004, 03:31:10 am »
I gotta do mine too...i think....yeah when i got someone to service mine they lubed them...they also machined the rotors but thats because i had some vibration when i braked...
QuAlItY Of LiFe Is DeRiVeD fRoM FrIeNdZ, fAmIlY, AnD oNe'S cApAcItY 2 LoVe ThErE cAr. EvErYtHiNg ElZe Is cLAsSiFiEd sEcOnDaRy