Author Topic: Stock anti-theft alarm keeps going off.  (Read 385 times)

Offline Charn Gill

Stock anti-theft alarm keeps going off.
« on: January 10, 2004, 07:23:09 pm »
Well, I got my car back today from the shop. it got broken into a while ago and i got the door lock fixed. everythings great -Except- my stock antitheft alarm goes off whenever I open my driver side door. the horn doesnt sound cause i dunno. dont even know if the horn is supposed to go off. but the lights fash. So i figured out why this is happening. since i dont have the keyless entry remote I always open the door with the key. now when i open the door (the driver side) the lights start to flash BUT thats only if my passenger side is locked. and that would be basically all the time cause i dont have a remote to unlock both doors. so if i lock the doors (both of em) and then unlock the driver side and open it, the lights start to flash. but if i keep both doors unlocked and open and close the drivers side (still unlocked) then the alarm doesnt go off.
so basically both doors have to be and remain unlocked in order for the alarm not to go off.
but if passenger side is locked, and driver side unlocked. then it starts to fash.

Now I never had this problem before so im guessing that when the shop got the new lock mechanism they must've wired something wrong or maybe its supposed to be with a keyless entry remote. i dunno.
what im wondering is since i already got the car home and the shops not open on sunday, to have this problem will be very annoying. is there anyway i can override the antitheft?? like maybe pull a fuse or somthing? any suggestions??
thanks in advance.
also, did the 95 even have keyless entry?
95 GS-T ** 91 RX-7 ** 94 Civic Hatch. - B18-C ** 07 Dodge Nittro ** 90 Isuzu Impulse RS ** 98 Eclipse GS-T Spyder

We all own DSM's so clearly we like abusive relationships - Rob Armstrong

Offline Zak Mach

• http://www.imvasian.com
« Reply #1 on: January 10, 2004, 09:44:35 pm »
to disable the factory alarm.. got to the passenger side door, put your key in & turn the key all the way to the left & then to the right ...(or it might be the other way around..) but thats how you enable & disable it

Offline Charn Gill

« Reply #2 on: January 11, 2004, 11:59:07 am »
Thanks Zak, that did the job.
95 GS-T ** 91 RX-7 ** 94 Civic Hatch. - B18-C ** 07 Dodge Nittro ** 90 Isuzu Impulse RS ** 98 Eclipse GS-T Spyder

We all own DSM's so clearly we like abusive relationships - Rob Armstrong