Author Topic: Rad Hose replacement....  (Read 912 times)

Offline Charn Gill

Rad Hose replacement....
« on: July 27, 2014, 02:35:10 pm »
So.. my upper rad hose kept leaking and bulging. Ordered a nice red silicone rad hose, thought id add some colour to my engine bay. Came in the other day. looks like I got more than I bargained for. lol

I was under the impression that it was only gonna come with the upper and lower rad hoses. I got those, but it also came with a whole bunch of other smaller/shorter hoses.

So.... I know where and how to replace the upper and the lower rad hoses.. anybody got an Idea on where the all the other ones go?? cause i have no idea. I googled the hell outta it. didnt exactly come with instructions.. lol
95 GS-T ** 91 RX-7 ** 94 Civic Hatch. - B18-C ** 07 Dodge Nittro ** 90 Isuzu Impulse RS ** 98 Eclipse GS-T Spyder

We all own DSM's so clearly we like abusive relationships - Rob Armstrong

Offline Vlad Busta

• http://www.members.tripod.com/Busta-bc
Re: Rad Hose replacement....
« Reply #1 on: July 27, 2014, 04:42:37 pm »
The biggest ones are for your upper and lower rad hoses, you already know that.  The pair of hoses the next size down are for the ones that go from your thermostat house to your heater core on the firewall.  The other smaller ones are to replace the various hoses off of your thermostat housing to throttle body, turbo water lines, oil cooler lines etc.  At least that's how it is on a 1G.

Later, Vlad.
all go, no show!

Offline Charn Gill

« Reply #2 on: July 27, 2014, 06:31:24 pm »
Vlad!! sup buddy! -you still makin those MBC's?  ;D
I took a look after I washed my car and I see 3 of em that are coming off the thermostat housing that i can replace when i do a rad flush. didnt quite notice the pair, but ill look again im sure ill find it. yaay! lol
95 GS-T ** 91 RX-7 ** 94 Civic Hatch. - B18-C ** 07 Dodge Nittro ** 90 Isuzu Impulse RS ** 98 Eclipse GS-T Spyder

Offline Vlad Busta

• http://www.members.tripod.com/Busta-bc
« Reply #3 on: July 27, 2014, 06:59:37 pm »
Hey there Charn, I don't really make them anymore but if you need one I can look to see if I have the parts to make one lying around.

Later, Vlad.
all go, no show!

Offline Ryan Singh

« Reply #4 on: July 28, 2014, 10:45:45 am »
Oh man, the heater core one is a bitch to get off...only attempt it when you have plenty of time and patience. When I replaced my heater core, I ended up just cutting the old hose off and then pulling the leftover pieces off with a pair of bent pliers...it's a bitch to reach in there to get it off cleanly.
2001 Altezza RS200
1996 TSi AWD - In hibernation

Offline Charn Gill

« Reply #5 on: July 28, 2014, 02:56:34 pm »
well an hour later coolant drained, hoses replaced (except those heater core hoses, save that for a later date I guess) and coolant refilled. Was easier than I thought :) they look orange in the pic due to the lighting and the focusing of my camera. but they're nice and red. Next up, some vacuum hoses (red in colour of course)

Offline Ryan Singh

« Reply #6 on: July 28, 2014, 03:16:06 pm »
Looks good mang, but the pics are a little small, looks good though nonetheless.
2001 Altezza RS200
1996 TSi AWD - In hibernation

Bryan Hoytema

« Reply #7 on: July 28, 2014, 04:43:19 pm »
those look sick !