Author Topic: HID question  (Read 487 times)

Offline Bryan_Pal

HID question
« on: May 27, 2014, 10:16:49 am »
So this is definitely the weirdest encounter I've ever had... so I got my dsm up and running and I noticed my hid's never turned on so I checked the headlights for power and it seemed to be all good right before the ballast so I unbolted the headlights housing off completely and plugged the bulbs that are in the dsm headlight housing into my dc2's ballast and now my integra lights don't work either... so I went and bought new ball last and bulbs for my dsm and still don't work and I plugged the new ballast and bulbs into the integra to see if they're still good just because we tested the kit before leaving the store so I know they worked but now I'm in a hole where I now have three sets of hids apparently blown and two separate cars that I currently can't drive at night :(

Offline Brett Haviland

• Administrator
Re: HID question
« Reply #1 on: May 27, 2014, 01:42:05 pm »
probably a ground, or power issue.  Where are the ballasts getting there power /ground from?
I like Colts.  Turbo Colts.

Offline Travis Koch

• Level Seven Finishing
« Reply #2 on: May 28, 2014, 10:55:53 pm »
I assume that on the Integra you blew a fuse by plugging in the non-functioning equipment.  Could explain things a bit, except for the reason they stopped functioning in the first place.
Current projects:  1992 Laser RS AWD - daily summer
                           1995 Talon Tsi AWD - daily winter
                           1989 2000GTX FWD - not sure where this is going yet
                           1991 Talon Tsi AWD - soon to be organ donor

Offline Bryan_Pal

« Reply #3 on: May 30, 2014, 08:53:15 am »
So ya in a sense Travis your right I did fry the whole wire going from my headlight switch too the head light and the wires for the ballast were switched on me by I'm guessing one of my friends -.- needless too say after some hefty rewiring and changing the wires around on the ballast everything is good to go