Author Topic: Newer Motor ? 4b11  (Read 370 times)

Offline Brandon Dietrich

• ....-Dude i almost had u
Newer Motor ? 4b11
« on: September 26, 2012, 03:02:18 pm »
I've been looking at the newer lancers and wondering if anyone on here has done any research on the new motors they put in them the 4b11 ??
Are they strong internally I know the 4g63 is talked about like a godly motor so where does this thing sit in the durability scale?
Copyright and trademark of Ricky Bobby Inc -_-<br /><br />------------------—---------------------------------------------<br />95 talon tsi awd - current<br />99 eclipse gst - sold<br />97 talon  bosted 420a - sold

Offline Graeme H Burvill

Re: Newer Motor ? 4b11
« Reply #1 on: October 08, 2012, 10:48:10 am »
I don't think the bottom end is tougher than the 4g63, only because its aluminum. Variable valve timing is always awesome, i bet you could go far with that tuning wise. It does have beefy main caps, and full floating pistons so getting more power isn't impossible by any means. No balance shafts! i take it you are talking about the 4b11T? It has a more efficient turbo. Working next to rocket rally they definately can handle some upgraded power and will allow for stronger and more precise tuning. Can't say i've ever tinkered with one though.
Talon TSI-Champagne...She must live again...