Author Topic: The Annual BCDSM FVT 2012 ......INFO......... JULY 29th, 2012  (Read 1367 times)

Offline Brett Haviland

• Administrator
The Annual BCDSM Fraser Valley Tour & Fund raiser 2012

When: Sunday, July 29th, 2012

Where: Starting in Burnaby (at BCIT parking lot), we'll be cruising the Lougheed Hwy, through the backroads of Mission. From Mission, we will continue on to Harrison Hot Springs for lunch. From there, on to the Hope slide.

The Raffle Draw is opened to all members of BCDSM (and friends/family of members) regardless if you can attend the Fraser Valley Tour or not.  The success of the fund raiser requires the support of all members.  We will be selling tickets online and on day of the Fraser Valley Tour:

1.    Raffle Tickets can be purchased online by contacting Sheela Krasnuik.  Payment details are at the bottom of this post.  Please include your name, address, email and contact telephone.  

Online Raffle purchases will be taken by PMs by Sheela Krasnuik.  PM's will be checked several times a day for your convenience.  Once your purchase has been confirmed, we will issue you a ticket number and place your ticket into the Raffle Draw.

Please include:  YOUR FULL NAME, MAILING ADDRESS, EMAIL, DAYTIME PHONE NUMBER and METHOD OF PAYMENT.  

1.  FOR Interac EMAIL ORDERS PLEASE SEND YOUR PAYMENT TO:    shadyrs@telus.net

2.   Members can purchase tickets on day of the Fraser Valley Tour 2012 event and pay by cash.  There will be designated members selling tickets on day of the event.

The cost of raffle tickets will be 3 tickets for $5.00. 50/50 tickets are $2 per ticket. Lunch is $5.00 per person. Children are FREE!

We are going to use the same route from last year
http://maps.google.ca/maps/ms?hl=en&ie=UTF8&msa=0&msid=105045548495730339620.00046dfeae82a184977ff&t=h&z=9

Here's a write-up covering the highlights:

- BCIT is the starting point and all members are encouraged to start there if they can.
- There will be 2 other places to hook up with the tour later (Mission Chevron and Harrison for lunch)
- There WILL NOT be the stop at maple ridge this year.  It will be removed from the route.

- Lunch will be $5 per person and will be collected on site at Harrison.

- LUNCH in Harrision will be prepped by Sheela and Kevin.  Thanks a ton in advance to them for going up before everyone and setting everything up.  I will bring the small BBQ's, Propane, lighter in my car, and set that up when i get there.  

- BRING FOLDING CHAIRS TO HARRISION IF YOU WOULD LIKE A SEAT (there may be a few on the picknick tables, but best bet is to bring some cheapo folding chairs.

The Chilliwack people that want to start from chilliwack so if anyone wants to cruise with  john, carmen, chel?, and brett) to BCIT the route will be as follows.  Anyone from chilliwack can meet us in the Safeway parking lot on Luckakuck way @ 6:45AM.  We will leave there at 7:00am sharp and make out way to the Mcallum rd chevron in abbotsford @ around 7:30.  We will leave chevron at 7:45 to make the 8:45ish meeting time @ BCIT.  I think this time line seems correct but please PM me so i can adjust it if needed be.

BCIT:
ARRIVE:8:30-9:00 +/-
LEAVE:9:15 @ the latest

MISSION CHEVRON:
ARRIVE:10:30-10:45 +/-
LEAVE :11:00
This is a good pit stop place. Repairs (I've done that!), fuel, coffee, bathroom.
This is also a good alternate meeting location if you can't start at BCIT.

TRAVEL TO HARRISON HOT SPRINGS LUNCH AREA FROM HERE:
60 KMS
ALLOWED 1.25 HOURS
ALLOWED ONE 5 MINUTE STOP FOR REGROUPING JUST OUTSIDE MISSION.

HARRISON LAKE LUNCH STOP:
ARRIVE: 12:15 +/-
LEAVE: 1:45 +/-

TRAVEL TO HOPE SLIDE FINALE:
60 KMS
ALLOWED 1 HOUR
ARRIVE: 2:45
DURATION :1 hour

MEET OVER AT AROUND 3:45... everyone then can make there way back to wherever they came from!!

***THREE PLACES TO PAY ATTENTION***:
1. On the Lougheed Hwy between BCIT and Mission, there is 2 turns (or more) for Dewdney Trunk Rd.
One right after the Pitt River bridge, and, the next one.
DO NOT take the one right after the Pitt River Bridge. Its the next one you want! Its clear
if you have the map (you have printed it out right?)

2. Watch for the interchange from Lougheed Hwy to Hwy 1 after leaving Harrison. We have gone the
wrong way more then once!!

3. Watch for the interchange after travelling through Hope, and getting back on Hwy 1.
The HWY 3 exit sneaks up, and we have missed it and headed to the Coquihala more then once!

Volunteers and radios needed:

If anyone have FRS Radios please be bring them.  I will bring two if possible, but the more the better for communication.  Communication is the key to keeping the group together during the tour.

Thank you and we look forward to seeing all new and old members this year.
« Last Edit: June 29, 2012, 01:01:11 pm by Sheela krasnuik »
I like Colts.  Turbo Colts.

Offline Kevin Klapwijk

• UndergroundTuner.com
Re: The Annual BCDSM FVT 2012 ......INFO......... JULY 29th, 2012
« Reply #1 on: July 29, 2012, 02:12:05 am »
Won't be able to make it this time guys but if you got some footage I wouldn't mind doing making a video again this year.
1997 GSX Eclipse
1997 GS Eclipse

Cell: 778-889-4293

Offline Matt Vangaalen

• VangaBuilt
Re: The Annual BCDSM FVT 2012 ......INFO......... JULY 29th, 2012
« Reply #2 on: August 03, 2012, 06:23:59 pm »
Just passed the hope slide sitting passenger in Chelsea's blazer and "Life is a hiway" was on the cd player, perfect. Next year that hill climb might have to be 4th gear....its not THAT long. :)
6 bolt short block (.02 over evo9 pistons). Straight cut oil pump gears. Ported 2g head and manifolds, GSC S1 cams(adjustable gears), undercut SS valves, bronze guides, Manley springs. Fp's Big T28, stock 02 into 2.5 downpipe, 3" from the flex section back. Apex'i N1 muffler. ETS fmic. 1g bov. 1g throttle body. 255lph pump. 660cc injectors. AFPR. SD on Link V3. 345 ft lbs 345 hp.