Author Topic: heres a vid of my idles hope somone can get a better idea what i could look at  (Read 361 times)

Offline Brandon Dietrich

• ....-Dude i almost had u
Copyright and trademark of Ricky Bobby Inc -_-<br /><br />------------------—---------------------------------------------<br />95 talon tsi awd - current<br />99 eclipse gst - sold<br />97 talon  bosted 420a - sold

Offline Jordan Kruger

test the power transistor to make sure its functioning properly. Your car is running rough enough to make me think it may be running on two cylinders.   just a thought.
337awhp.  ---> 500 awhp ? =)

Replacing parts since early 2010.

Offline GlenMartin

sounds like timing......thats what mine sounded like when i did the t-belt and installed it one or two teeth out.
ahah we both have a good side. lets sue each other!

Offline Vanessa Brake

I think you just did your t-belt didn't you? That's prob a good place to start checking first

Offline Brandon Dietrich

The thing is it goes away after it warms up I wouldn't think my timing is effected when it stops
Copyright and trademark of Ricky Bobby Inc -_-<br /><br />------------------—---------------------------------------------<br />95 talon tsi awd - current<br />99 eclipse gst - sold<br />97 talon  bosted 420a - sold

Offline Brandon Dietrich

Another thing I didn't mention is.... When I was driving the car would bog I'd have to lift my foot of the gas and press Down maybe twice for the bogging to stop the car would jerk until I do this and than would accelerate But until I do that while it's bogging out would sound like it's choking

Offline Jordan Kruger

you may have a dying fuel pump..              2cents.
337awhp.  ---> 500 awhp ? =)

Replacing parts since early 2010.

Offline Brandon Dietrich

Any input helps

Offline GlenMartin

you may have a dying fuel pump..              2cents.

in my twelve year driving/wrenching/racing experience i have never seen a fuel pump "dying" from my experience they just die. i have had the pumps go on me over the years. one in a grand am, one in a 2002 dodge truck, and one in a 98 civic. every single one drove and ran fine when i parked it for the day.......tried starting in the morning, or the afternoon and nothing. fuel pumps were the cause. brett and john feel free to chime in you guys probably see a lot more pumps than i do......just from my experience its a lot more common that the pump just stops working.

if you did just do your timing belt......did brett do it? if so timing marks wouldn't be in question. mine idled like that and fixed itself after the car was warmed up, although it sounded different and idled really high when it was warm. drove fine too. infact it felt like it had more power up top. check all electrical connections, and wires in locations where recent work was being done. i mean even when my timing marks were infact lined up and everything was somewhat running normal. my car still kind of idled like yours. hahaha just a dsm thing.
ahah we both have a good side. lets sue each other!