Author Topic: engine bay clean up ..(beware its NASTY )  (Read 3447 times)

Offline Constantin Morosan

• 95 Eclipse turbo
Re: engine bay clean up ..(beware its NASTY )
« Reply #30 on: April 03, 2011, 11:29:00 am »
thanks budy its been a long time coming . alot of work and thinking on how to make  her look  good under the hood . it came out ok i think :D

nope not heearing nothing .. i plug a volt metter   and it gets power  so the commumincation with the engine and all that is ok .. i put a  hose from teh return line into a  2l pop bottle and i cranked it over a few times and let me tell ya not much came out .. lol

so today im gonna take out the fuel pump and  test it  see what the problem is .
Help us Obi John Kenobi you're our only hope ..

Obi-John Kenobi? 

OMG.

Offline John Hartman

« Reply #31 on: April 03, 2011, 02:08:53 pm »
very unlikely its your fuel pump.  Japanese cars very rarely have fuel pump failures on stock pumps, especially the Denso pumps. 

Not saying its not possible, because I have done one pump but I have done probably 100-150 pumps on domestics.
91 Eagle Talon TSi 5spd awd.  GT-12, TriFlow Cams, 850s, Tial, JIC, Jackal, sticky rubber.
86 Merkur XR4Ti 5spd, rwd, turbo, 91,381km.  Original paint, heated leather. intercooled, big VAM, Full 3" exhaust, Cossie sway bar, 16" tires.
06 Mazdaspeed6 6spd awd, DISI turbo, heated leather HIDs, Corksport, Cobb, Konig, Centric...
2018 VW Golf Alltrack turbo Tornado Red, 6mt, some free mods

• 95 Eclipse turbo
« Reply #32 on: April 03, 2011, 02:42:12 pm »
not the pump is fine . jsut finish testing it ..  now the problem is i get no power to the fuel pump i check all fuses that i can think of . i think i foudn the fuel pump relay wich may be faulty now gota fugre out how to  check te relay or  some how  run a new wire to the  pump .

Obi-John Kenobi? 

OMG.

Offline Jordan Kruger

« Reply #33 on: April 03, 2011, 05:31:33 pm »
the fuel pump relay will throw a CEL.   I just replaced mine too.   the car bogged and then never started again one day.   replace the relay.
337awhp.  ---> 500 awhp ? =)

Replacing parts since early 2010.

• 95 Eclipse turbo
« Reply #34 on: April 03, 2011, 10:14:47 pm »
yeah i figure a way to test my engine .. so i hooked the pump to the battery to test  my car .. and guess what now i get no spark .. lol ..

the injectors work since i took the blugs out and they were wet with fuel ..
now it could be the Ignition power transitor i swaped a few of them i have and no luck ,
the Coils Again wich i replaced befor the winter .. ,
doubt its the cam sensor since its Brand new .

what else could keep me from getting a spark ?  oh and i also swaped my spare Aprom .. jsut in case and still no spark ..

ill tinker on it  tomorow some more and see if i can figure something out .

Obi-John Kenobi? 

OMG.

Offline John Hartman

« Reply #35 on: April 03, 2011, 10:33:17 pm »
if you hook the fuel pump up again like stock do you get spark again?

I am thinking that possibly it needs to be wired that way?  A bit of an educated guess tho...
91 Eagle Talon TSi 5spd awd.  GT-12, TriFlow Cams, 850s, Tial, JIC, Jackal, sticky rubber.
86 Merkur XR4Ti 5spd, rwd, turbo, 91,381km.  Original paint, heated leather. intercooled, big VAM, Full 3" exhaust, Cossie sway bar, 16" tires.
06 Mazdaspeed6 6spd awd, DISI turbo, heated leather HIDs, Corksport, Cobb, Konig, Centric...

• 95 Eclipse turbo
« Reply #36 on: April 03, 2011, 11:20:10 pm »
if i do they i can feed fuel to the injectors . since the  pump wont run if hoocked up stock ..  u know  what i mean

if been doing more and more research and its hinting towards  the fuel pump relay and the ASD relay When it goes bad or say doesn't get a signal from the crank sensor, it shuts the fuel pump, coil, and injectors down. Causes too many headaches. soo

ill look into that tomorow..

Obi-John Kenobi? 

OMG.

Offline John Hartman

« Reply #37 on: April 04, 2011, 07:27:36 pm »
cool, good for you!!  Working it thru step by step and logically.

Offline Cole MacDonald

• Cardomain
« Reply #38 on: April 04, 2011, 10:24:23 pm »
That thing is looking awesome now. I'm really liking the white!
1990 FWD Laser 240 FWHP
1993 AWD Laser, 2.4L GT35r powered 562 AWHP
2014 Ram 3500 6.7L Cummins
2012 Skidoo Summit X 800 E Tec 164HP