Author Topic: looking for an after turbo MAF  (Read 854 times)

Offline Ryan Dronsfield

looking for an after turbo MAF
« on: April 21, 2010, 10:37:33 pm »
Hi im looking for a after turbo MAF my car has never had one yet and don't know much about them

Offline Zach Holt

Re: looking for an after turbo MAF
« Reply #1 on: April 21, 2010, 10:38:51 pm »
there are a couple gm 3.5inch mafs for sale, with translaters to I tihnk. for a retartedly good price to boot, you just have to look though the listings for the last 2 or 3 weeks.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mitsubishi
Then google.
Then read old postings about it.
Then ask.

Offline Richard Clark

« Reply #2 on: April 21, 2010, 10:40:35 pm »
The setup your looking for is called "blow through"  You will be looking for a 3" GM maf and a maf translator.  If your doing this to vent your bov DONT. your 2g maf will be fine Unless your looking to put down some big numbers.  Personally I hated my gm maf setup.

Offline Shane Sawatzki

« Reply #3 on: April 21, 2010, 11:38:43 pm »
GM maf is fine if your car is stock and u want to just vent your BOV lol.. like i did for awhile... but if u ever plan on running bigger numbers run speed density. or just stick with your stock 2g maf, your car will run properly and it isnt going to hurt you performance wise unless u go big
2011 Range Rover Sport SC - wife’s daily
1995 Range Rover Classic - restoration project
1990 Mitsubishi Delica - my daily
92 Skyline GTR - weekend warrior
93 Skyline GTR - wife’s weekend warrior
91 Skyline GTS-4 - Sold
91 Tsi AWD - Sold

Offline GlenMartin

« Reply #4 on: April 22, 2010, 08:23:46 am »
ya i am not overly impressed with my gm maf, and translator, however i have knock...and generally i just dont enjoy my car trying to fix it. i have been driving my crx, and love life again. i love boosting ten ounds and still getting 35 miles to the galon. $20 gets me more km's in my crx, then $60 in my talon. hahaha. i will be trying my stock maf and stuff this weekend, and if it fixes my knock problem i will sell you my set up.
ahah we both have a good side. lets sue each other!

Offline Dan Harshey

• http://www.geocities.com/dishesco/Dishes_Home.html
« Reply #5 on: April 22, 2010, 12:33:06 pm »
or just stick with your stock 2g maf, your car will run properly and it isnt going to hurt you performance wise unless u go big

2G MAF is good for somewhere around 350-400hp, that seems like plenty to me

91 Talon Tsi AWD 312hp/294ft/lbs<br />93 Talon Tsi FWD SOLD!

Offline John Hartman

« Reply #6 on: April 25, 2010, 05:32:00 pm »
+1 for Dan.

The GM maf was not designed to be a blow thru setup.  It was originally designed to be run as a draw thru in the same location of the factory maf and also never designed to be run with the 3".

Most of the problems that this system have had were from it being run in blow thru and with a 3" maf.

That said, yes its a bit primitive on what we have now.  It does flow more(3.5") than a 1g or 2g maf, and it has really nice throttle response when tuned well and in draw thru mode(pre turbo)
91 Eagle Talon TSi 5spd awd.  GT-12, TriFlow Cams, 850s, Tial, JIC, Jackal, sticky rubber.
86 Merkur XR4Ti 5spd, rwd, turbo, 91,381km.  Original paint, heated leather. intercooled, big VAM, Full 3" exhaust, Cossie sway bar, 16" tires.
06 Mazdaspeed6 6spd awd, DISI turbo, heated leather HIDs, Corksport, Cobb, Konig, Centric...
2018 VW Golf Alltrack turbo Tornado Red, 6mt, some free mods