Author Topic: Travelling down to FVT from the interior?  (Read 756 times)

Offline Joliesa Lepp

• 1993 tsi awd - big 16g, fmic, meth... head.
Travelling down to FVT from the interior?
« on: July 20, 2009, 09:14:12 pm »
I know some of you expressed interest in cruising down together, I think this way it'll be easier to do so.

Mitch and I will be leaving from Pritchard Sunday morning (we have a wedding to go to Saturday, so we'll just stay the night somewhere). I'm almost thinking grouping in Kamloops would be a good idea, that way people from the Vernon area can take HWY 97 up to Monty Creek, meet up at say Aberdeen Mall or Costco parking lot? I don't know Kamloops very well, but I know these places have rather large parking lots and they are right on the side of the highway. Any other suggestions would be very appreciated.

Option 1 - a loop

I thinking just take the Coquihalla down as far as Abbotsford, turn off from hwy#1 onto Hwy#11 (Abbotsford/Mission Hwy) and meeting with everyone else at the Chevron gas and go, mentioned by Jason. The only problem I can forsee with this is times, but we might be alright.

Option 2 - the plan if you are running late, and what Mitch and I are thinking of doing.

Same deal leaving from Kamloops, but from there we can cruise down the Coquihalla hwy, taking exit 171 at Hope and cruising down to Water Ave (hwy#1) up to Lougheed (hwy#7). Lougheed will take us to where we can turn off to go up to Harrison, it would allow for better travel time, and we could meet up with everyone there for Lunch and go for the rest of the cruise.

Option 3 - ??
Taking hwy 1 from Kamloops to Cache Creek and down to Hope etc.

Any thoughts?
« Last Edit: July 22, 2009, 12:19:02 pm by Joliesa Lepp »
Outta the game!

Offline John Hartman

Re: Travelling down to FVT from the interior?
« Reply #1 on: July 20, 2009, 10:00:49 pm »
First off, glad you guys are coming down!!

2ndly, Chilliwack is on the hiway on the way from points north to Abbotsford.  We will have several cars there.

Also, RIGHT off the hiway in Abbotsford is a Chevron.  All the Valley cars and some Langley/Surrey cars meet there too.  Its right across the street from Marke Baileys place too and from there we take a nice drive to meet the rest of em.

Also, if you just meet in Harrison, you will miss well over 2/3 of the meet.  Harrison is nice, but then its just the hiway to the Hope Slide(and you've already done enough hiway for the day I would assume), then its over.
91 Eagle Talon TSi 5spd awd.  GT-12, TriFlow Cams, 850s, Tial, JIC, Jackal, sticky rubber.
86 Merkur XR4Ti 5spd, rwd, turbo, 91,381km.  Original paint, heated leather. intercooled, big VAM, Full 3" exhaust, Cossie sway bar, 16" tires.
06 Mazdaspeed6 6spd awd, DISI turbo, heated leather HIDs, Corksport, Cobb, Konig, Centric...
2018 VW Golf Alltrack turbo Tornado Red, 6mt, some free mods

Offline Cole Chalmers

• DERP!DERP!DERP!
« Reply #2 on: July 22, 2009, 12:38:38 pm »
Assuming I have an alternator installed in the talon by sunday I'll meet up at aberdeen mall or wherever in kamloops. what time are you thinking you'll be there at?

Offline Joliesa Lepp

• 1993 tsi awd - big 16g, fmic, meth... head.
« Reply #3 on: July 22, 2009, 12:50:44 pm »
It'll be early if we want to be able meet up with everyone else.
Outta the game!

Offline John Hartman

« Reply #4 on: July 22, 2009, 05:41:20 pm »
Giter Done Cole  :)  you have LOTS of hours.
91 Eagle Talon TSi 5spd awd.  GT-12, TriFlow Cams, 850s, Tial, JIC, Jackal, sticky rubber.
86 Merkur XR4Ti 5spd, rwd, turbo, 91,381km.  Original paint, heated leather. intercooled, big VAM, Full 3" exhaust, Cossie sway bar, 16" tires.
06 Mazdaspeed6 6spd awd, DISI turbo, heated leather HIDs, Corksport, Cobb, Konig, Centric...
2018 VW Golf Alltrack turbo Tornado Red, 6mt, some free mods

Offline Cole Chalmers

• DERP!DERP!DERP!
« Reply #5 on: July 24, 2009, 12:27:04 pm »
bah! Looks like my lack of cash will be keeping me from coming out :(. Have fun guys, hopefully I'll be at the augest meet.

Offline Joe March

« Reply #6 on: July 24, 2009, 10:08:50 pm »
Sorry other interior people but i got Saturday off so my little crew will be going down tomorrow to make a weekend of it , so i will see you down there.
98 Eclipse GST pacesetter header, evo3 16g, evo3 o2 housing, custom 3" exhaust, K&N FIPK, FMIC, greddy type S bov, act 2600