Author Topic: Took care of my fan melting problem  (Read 552 times)

Offline Michel Paiement

• Boom!
Took care of my fan melting problem
« on: July 29, 2009, 10:32:36 pm »
Bought some heat wrap at Lordco today. My Grandpa and I wrapped my manifold and o2 housing. Should take care of some of the heat in my engine bay. Thought I'd post some pic's because it turned out pretty good for wrapping a manifold.

Offline Kristopher

Re: Took care of my fan melting problem
« Reply #1 on: July 29, 2009, 11:02:47 pm »
How many feet would you say it took to do that job?

I have 50' sitting here somewhere. I kicked around the idea of that JMF shield but although it's reflective it's still only single-walled. And I was also going to buy a turbo bag from ebay for $70.

If your setup works just as well I'll opt to wrap mine as well since I should have the materials.
Also want to wrap my charge pipes with some foil.
Kristopher

Offline Michel Paiement

• Boom!
« Reply #2 on: July 29, 2009, 11:15:03 pm »
I used 25 feet from my 50 foot roll, I put the roll in water before installed it, you can wrap it nicer around the bends and when it dry's it shrinks and gets really tight.
« Last Edit: July 29, 2009, 11:18:24 pm by Michel Paiement »

Offline Matt Demick

« Reply #3 on: July 29, 2009, 11:31:27 pm »
I used 25 feet from my 50 foot roll, I put the roll in water before installed it, you can wrap it nicer around the bends and when it dry's it shrinks and gets really tight.

Wicked tip! Nice work, car looks clean
0' Eagle Talon TSI AWD, JDM 4G63 6/4 Bolt,DSM LINK, X-treme FMIC, 16G/20G Hybrid, Tial BOV, MBC @22psi, 255 Walbro, GM Maf, 680 injectors, WEB 264 Cams, SS Header, 2.5" TurboBack with O2 Elliminator, Tail 38mm External Waste Gate, Fidanza flywheel, ACT 2600 race clutch, and Fidanza Race Shifter

Offline Igor Kozlov

« Reply #4 on: July 30, 2009, 12:32:47 am »
Good job Michel!
I'm going to wrap my o2 and downpipe this weekend as well. Also i'm thinking to get that turbo blanket from ebay.. Kris where did you see it for $70.. the lowest i can find is $119 + $40 shipping :-\
97 Eagle Talon TSi AWD 5spd. Peacefully hibernating...

Offline Kristopher

« Reply #5 on: July 30, 2009, 10:04:00 am »
Igor if I see it again I'll link it to you. I'm sure I saw a seller with some turbo blankets for around $70 but now I can only find one seller with the $109 USD +$35 USD shipping as well.

I've been slow to buy one since I'm not sure if I should just wrap it with a roll, use the flat blanket stuff, or get a bag for the turbine housing. My turbo has that custom housing so I'm hesitant to wrap it with anything that might squeeze or put stress on it.
Kristopher